IGNORED

Q and A tonight

Phileas Fogg

On 10/09/2017 at 11:40, pongo88 said:

Evidence based research and statistical analysis!  Football is definitely changing, so I'll chuck something else into the hat, Honey and Momford's learning styles,  which identifies four distinct learning styles or preferences: Activist, Theorist; Pragmatist and Reflector. Activists are those people who learn by doing things. Theorist like to understand the theory behind the actions. Pragmatists need to be able to see how to put the learning into practice in the real world. Reflectors learn by observing and thinking about what happened. 

Usually people are a mix of these styles with one or two of them dominating and one or two lacking. LJ seems to be an interesting mix, with perhaps the theorist style being the dominant one.  He seems to adapt and integrate observations from his StatsBomb and WyScout software into complex but logically sound, to him,  theories. His weakness is probably being too strong on the reflector aspect. Reflectors  ponder experiences and observe them from many different perspectives. They  postpone reaching definitive conclusions for as long as possible and tend to be  too cautious. Last season was a good example, as results were diabolical for a long period, but it took him a long time to react.  I'd say he's  weak on the pragmatist side, because he's slow in reacting when the theories go wrong on the pitch. Instead of thinking this isn't working, he sticks with the theory for too long.  A pragmatist would say  "There is always a better way" and "If it works it's good and stuff the theory".

By the way, if you're reading this LJ, I'm happy to pop into Ashton Gate and provide a bit of management consultancy to help you at the discounted rate of £750 per day. I'm quite happy to do this sitting in bed with you and your laptop if it would help

Also, this analysis of LJ and his team is unlike the usual forum style, so perhaps we should go back to the standard mix of personal observations with a few  insults thrown in for good measure

As conclusions of management behaviour go that's pretty much spot on in terms of what we've seen so far. I'd say he's becoming more pragmatic which in a results business has to be the way. 

Mid week is really difficult for me, but as I ended up staying up until after midnight reading this I will really try to make the next one .
Well done  @BobBobSuperBob  , if by the fat thumbs remark it meant you did this on your phone then :clap:fantastic work.
Things like these Q&As just give n insight into the club and let fans into whats going on. Might help the gap (not that one) between fans and club, perceived or otherwise ,  close a little.

2 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

Mid week is really difficult for me, but as I ended up staying up until after midnight reading this I will really try to make the next one .
Well done  @BobBobSuperBob  , if by the fat thumbs remark it meant you did this on your phone then :clap:fantastic work.
Things like these Q&As just give n insight into the club and let fans into whats going on. Might help the gap (not that one) between fans and club, perceived or otherwise ,  close a little.

Glad you enjoyed 

Thanks Mike

Archived