IGNORED

The Official Match Day Thread 6 - Reading v Bristol City

46 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

Some proper critical people on here. Decent performance which could still go either way.

You all have little faith...

This isn't a I told you so post. I am aware everyone sees a game differently. I saw us put in a well organised performance and really don't understand the negative posts when a game is still fully in the balance.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Fielding 7 Just his distribution again.

Vyner 3 looked lost.

Flint 9 faultless and 100% commitment considering the past few weeks, MOM.

Baker 9 looks better player to the one we had on loan.

Bryan 8 improving every game, strong and committed.

COD 5 improved in the 2nd half but doesn't impress me, I expect Leko to replace him.

Brownhill 7 played well throughout, terrific in the 2nd half.

Smith 9 best midfielder on show, always available, hardly put a pass astray, tough in the tackle and several times covered for Vyner's and COD's defensive frailties. 

Patterson 6 poor first half but improved greatly in the 2nd half, even with his miss.

Reid 8 his work rate is incredible and after our goal, he was terrific.

Diedhiou 3 needs to warm the bench for a while, 1st touch and passing is poor, spends a lot of the time on his arse for a big guy.

Leko 7 gave them something different to worry about and that created space.

Pack 6 not on long enough but apart from a silly free kick given away, was ok.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

I don't understand why someone earlier has picked out Zak Vyner as being the weak link. I wasn't there but from commentary he was a reasonable deputy for Pisano.

Anyone there who could give us more info?

As much as I like seeing young players do well Vyner was our weak link imo, but he was given very little support from patterson and o'dowda and they attacked down that side a lot to be fair to him, still has a bright future though 

3 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

I don't understand why someone earlier has picked out Zak Vyner as being the weak link. I wasn't there but from commentary he was a reasonable deputy for Pisano.

Anyone there who could give us more info?

He did ok and was up against a quick opponent who caused him problems and maybe needs some coaching on positioning in certain scenarios such as today but didn't let anyone down

7 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Fielding 7 Just his distribution again.

Vyner 3 looked lost.

Flint 9 faultless and 100% commitment considering the past few weeks, MOM.

Baker 9 looks better player to the one we had on loan.

Bryan 8 improving every game, strong and committed.

COD 5 improved in the 2nd half but doesn't impress me, I expect Leko to replace him.

Brownhill 7 played well throughout, terrific in the 2nd half.

Smith 9 best midfielder on show, always available, hardly put a pass astray, tough in the tackle and several times covered for Vyner's and COD's defensive frailties. 

Patterson 6 poor first half but improved greatly in the 2nd half, even with his miss.

Reid 8 his work rate is incredible and after our goal, he was terrific.

Diedhiou 3 needs to warm the bench for a while, 1st touch and passing is poor, spends a lot of the time on his arse for a big guy.

Leko 7 gave them something different to worry about and that created space.

Pack 6 not on long enough but apart from a silly free kick given away, was ok.

Johnson 9 got his tactics right today, Reading became incredibly frustrated and went back into their shell and started to make defensive mistakes, substitutes spot on. Might need better RB cover for Vyner, although I seem to recall Vyner started like this last season and improved.

• Like 1

Solid performance and a Clean sheet. Frankie and the defence once again very good. First half nothing to write about, thin second was better from both teames. And yes, Mr Flint, mom. Goalscorer, played with his brain. He is getting better and better I Think. Avoid one to one, then he is super, also Baker. Good to see that we can play hard, it should hurt to meet us. Always Believe, COYR!!!

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Johnson 9 got his tactics right today, Reading became incredibly frustrated and went back into their shell and started to make defensive mistakes, substitutes spot on. Might need better RB cover for Vyner, although I seem to recall Vyner started like this last season and improved.

I'm comfy keeping Vyner as Pisano's understudy, he can only get better and he looks set to be a good player. Agree on LJ though, everything was spot on today.

If we are in top half at Xmas, our professionalised analysis and recruitment systems should allow us to tweak team to reach playoffs, but that will depend on keeping our best players and bringing in class in weaker areas.  Something we have largely failed to do at this level in the past.  The time to buy is when we are on the up not on the down.  This may well be Ashton's role, to loosen the purse strings and push the club forward

COYR

• Like 3
9 minutes ago, cityexile said:

Leading 2-0 at home with 18 minutes to go, we managed to lose against Reading last year, so you may even be being a little generous!

Exactly the same as we did in 2011,  I was there with my wife for a week in Bristol to show her the sights, so we took in that game and was getting ready to celebrate when Reading scored 3 goals in 17 minutes. So they started scoring a minute earlier last year.

Edited by EstoniaTallinnRed