IGNORED

Steve Cotterill

Red Army 75

4 minutes ago, ColeCiderRed said:

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11694/11058572/steve-cotterill-in-advanced-talks-over-birmingham-city-job

Just read the same.

Left the Gate buzzing with him at the helm during our double winning season.

Wish him all the best at Brum, but no Steve you can't have Flint in January :shifty:

Good chance he will come back in for him . Pretty sure AF respects SC a lot . Interesting one that will be 

Think you maybe right there. There'd definitely be a mutual respect between each other. But Flint, despite his doubters has shown he has a place in this squad. If we continue to progress on the pitch and Brum don't, then he'd be silly to go. Assuming SC gets the job, what's to say he will be there come Jan as @Major Isewater has said. 

Whatever happens I'm sure many of us would like to see Steve continue to have a successful managerial career.

Weird that Cotts was there with Harry then he left didn't he, now they want him again. Why did he leave wonder, as it's not like he went to another job. We can't be still paying him are we, not if he worked for Brum last season

5 minutes ago, RedM said:

Weird that Cotts was there with Harry then he left didn't he, now they want him again. Why did he leave wonder, as it's not like he went to another job. We can't be still paying him are we, not if he worked for Brum last season

I could be wrong but I think he left because he wanted to be a manager and not a number 2. when redknapp decided to take the job that made his mind up

15 minutes ago, RedM said:

M....SC hasn't been with Brum this season....SC 'fell out with Harry'. He believed he was going to be given the managers job at the end of last season and that Harry was going to move up as a 'Director of football'. He took the majority of coaching sessions last season. He felt Harry stabbed him in the back when he took the managers job as they allegedly had made a gentleman's agreement.

6 minutes ago, spudski said:

M....SC hasn't been with Brum this season....SC 'fell out with Harry'. He believed he was going to be given the managers job at the end of last season and that Harry was going to move up as a 'Director of football'. He took the majority of coaching sessions last season. He felt Harry stabbed him in the back when he took the managers job as they allegedly had made a gentleman's agreement.

Oh right. I realised he had left when Harry got the job but didn't realise there was bad feeling or he actually wanted the job. Nobody knew Harry's reign was going to be so short lived did they, I guess he might have stuck around and would be doing it now. 

Thanks to those who have replied. 

23 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Interesting one.. in my opinion probably the highest calibre club he could’ve realistically got at the moment.

I actually think Birmingham have a decent squad really and are in a false position. Depends if he is given time from the owners though.

But do they have the players to play the system he'll want to use?

Saw cotts on the train to London the other week, all suited and booted. Assumed he was talking to a club there. 

Good opportunity at Birmingham though. Sort of club that would have needed to drop down to L1 for them to give him a chance normally IMHO. Helping Redknapp last year given him a foot in 

4 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Since when did you start to show an interest in previous employees of the club? ;)

Two reasons - 1) it was just announced on SSN  2) Cotterill might well be after some of our players. Flint and Bryan in particular.

Its the latter point that's concerning.

41 minutes ago, RedM said:

Oh right. I realised he had left when Harry got the job but didn't realise there was bad feeling or he actually wanted the job. Nobody knew Harry's reign was going to be so short lived did they, I guess he might have stuck around and would be doing it now. 

Thanks to those who have replied. 

I feel like I did.

Archived