IGNORED

Top of the shop on 5 tonight

Septic Peg

9 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

Here ya go... Iwelumo speaks like he's in a rush. My pause button is broken! (Apologies if anything lost in translation...)

@Olé
Last season, we didn't play like this. We failed too quickly before the end of the game. This season, we have energy, stamina. There was no clue this was coming.
There was no possibility this was going to happen, the way we were playing for the end of last season. This season, different story. Bobby Reid is on fire. The team are playing so so well.

Colin Murray (CM) and Chris Iwelumo (CI)

CM: Ok Chris, I'm not sure if they train with Real Madrid but I do think they are for real. I said the other week about Bristol City being one of the most entertaining football teams in England. I got a few tweets where people LOLed but I'm sticking with it especially after today.

CI: Outstanding start from the get go as well. Showed great pace, athleticism, power, here Diedhiou moving forward. Jamie Paterson ever present, running forward, getting the ball, making options. But you know what, they are so offensive, players getting forward supporting every opportunity. One thing in mind get the shot away. Brownhill here, takes his shot on and I have to say they are 5th in the table for getting their shots away but you take that opportunity whenever it presents itself, why not, have a go. A little deflection off Nydam here, can't do nothing the keeper. But that's what they done, pressed high up the pitch. Kept that switch in the defensive third. Picked up 2nd balls and little bits of quality like this. Think that's Paterson  again, in the box, one thing in mind. Spence here great defensive challenge but if we go on to this, Bobby Reid, this is what he does, pulls that CB all over the place. And this is what he creates. If we look at where Diedhiou is, he's here. He's right deep so Korey Smith the good player that he is, advances into that space and that what it was. As good players go forward, he's gets the shot away. It bounces back to him. He's very very lucky. One thing in mind. Jamie Paterson again. Ever present. Wants the ball. The quality from it as well. Great ball in. Diedhiou fantastic header

CM: It's hard to pick a MOM but that's often the case with him

CI: Here now look at this. If I just highlight Paterson there, COD, Bobby Reid, they've all got one thing in mind, can we burst forward with pace? Watch this, he's been an outlet, always wants the ball. O'Dowda look at the energy, look at the passion, he wants to get in there. You know a great pass from Paterson. He's got to better from here though. Take the shot on. Test the keeper. Go and ask the question. He doesn't. But I've got to say from the get go, they were outstanding. 2nd half, a different team. They killed the game off.

CM: But is that what makes Bristol City's start different from last season? In that when they needed to be ugly and they were 2-1 up, they would sit back, hit on the break, get the third goal. Bit more clinical, bit more gritty.

CI: Spot on. Nail on head. They've got that strength at the back. They're organised. They know how to manage the game. They've seen it out and they know how to play counter attack football in the 2nd half and really stopped Ipswich from playing.

CM: The last time they won away at Ipswich was 1978. 10cc Dreadlock holiday was at no.1. No one needed to know that....

Continues on to Cotts watching from the stands...

not according to the evening post....they saying it was cars by gary numan.......totally wrong as per

1 hour ago, cityexile said:

In terms of not being in the dug out first game, not that unusual is it...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35447260

Indeed not, and just as Pembo (and Wade Elliott) rightfully took all the plaudits for that result, so Carsley will be remembered for being in charge for Brum's 6-1 defeat at Hull.

Spot on decision by Cotts both in advance and in retrospect; no better time to take over and show your immediate worth than after such a disastrous performance and result.

He's now got 2 weeks to work with that squad before taking on Cardiff at home in his first match.

If nothing else expect a far more spirited performance from Birmingham, but most on here - SC fans or not - will no doubt be hoping he pumps them up sufficiently for an unlikely victory.

37 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

Gold star for @Septic Peg for doing such a lovely thing for a fellow forumite :clapping:

Ah shucks. :blush:

28 minutes ago, CrazyInWeston said:

Once again thanks ever so much. I couldnt thank you enough!

No probs. Honestly, it was fine. I know from experience how difficult it can be with hearing issues so will always assist where possible.

40 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

New drinking game. 

Down a shot whenever Iwelumo says 'ever present', 'one thing in mind' and 'take a shot'. 

Don't forget 'from the get-go'.

Looks like he 'only' said it twice from your write up,  but after being irritated the first time I was nearing fury when he said it again.

3 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Don't forget 'from the get-go'.

Looks like he 'only' said it twice from your write up,  but after being irritated the first time I was nearing fury when he said it again.

Annoying as hell. I cant stand Iwelumo either (grrrrrrr Brighton Play Off final grrrr) so surprised my remote didn't learn to fly at the TV!

On 30/09/2017 at 21:44, CrazyInWeston said:

If I were to be honest with you, I'd get more information from someone on here quoting what was said than relying on "live" subtitles for a show that has had no pre-planned script. Plus I've tried 5onDemand before with the football show, no subtitles are ever offered.

If I were to be honest, I can get better, around the clock reports on here than I can on C5.

Why the opinions of Colin Murray and Chris Iwulumbu about City should hold higher credence than a forum of people who have been following City for years is beyond me.

3 minutes ago, WTFiGO!?! said:

If I were to be honest, I can get better, around the clock reports on here than I can on C5.

Why the opinions of Colin Murray and Chris Iwulumbu about City should hold higher credence than a forum of people who have been following City for years is beyond me.

I was interested in their opinions, since like, when is city ever a feature on the show? Anyhoo sure any fans forum could give you a gist and info from any football show, but not everything. I also never said I held them in high regard, as said in this post alone, was interested in their perspective.

Anyway, what are you getting at? I already said from the post you quoted of me saying I'd get more information on here, than any show then you quote me to say "why" when you'd get more info on here anyway? Kinda defeats the purpose of your point doesn't it?

7 minutes ago, CrazyInWeston said:

I was interested in their opinions, since like, when is city ever a feature on the show? Anyhoo sure any fans forum could give you a gist and info from any football show, but not everything. I also never said I held them in high regard, as said in this post alone, was interested in their perspective.

Anyway, what are you getting at? I already said from the post you quoted of me saying I'd get more information on here, than any show then you quote me to say "why" when you'd get more info on here anyway? Kinda defeats the purpose of your point doesn't it?

Your post that I quoted was bemoaning the crap quality of subtitles and that you'd get a better understanding of what was said from posters quoting it on here (than the original crap subtitles).  

My point, which I thought I made abundantly clear, was what is the relevance of opinions of a pair of celebrity ***** on a second rate TV outlet who have no concern whatsoever about City?  (apart from when we're winning).  That the collective opinion on here is far, far more valid as it's from hundreds of people who have watched City week-in week-out for years.  Understood?

3 minutes ago, WTFiGO!?! said:

I totally understand.  

it's the perspectives about City of Colin Murray and Chris Iwelembu that I also want.  

Who wouldn't?

Well there you go then, unless you were being sarcastic which I think you were, but I gather I'm not the only one here, and maybe you wouldnt but I'm sure a few would have. This is an open forum after all, I wanted opinions from everyone, even if that DID include 2 guys who have no loyalty or involvement with Bristol City, as well as opinions by the loyal members as you have said, been following for years! I've only been following city for 14yrs so what do I know? But these blokes are on a show thats broadcast on national television, again like I said, with no loyalty towards the team, I thought it be nice to get an outsiders point of view by 2 blokes who have to address the nation.

Archived