IGNORED

Burton

BCFC Rich

How do you guys know so much about the opposition, do you watch them. I'm either impressed or think some people just like to play BCFC Manager during a two week gap. I am not being critical of those fantasising about being our club manager but we have a real ( really good) one who can't seem to put a decision or tactic wrong these days (which are know in their hundreds!) 

I think playing a guessing game about likely January imports is good fun for a new posting with names rather than positions. 

Will watch out for your suggested names. One other way is to name current players who Mark Ashton won't have e on his list. Some come easily to my mind from this division like Billy Sharp, Garner,  John Terry,. 

Yes to do with the Rovers match and I recall police view re their opponents and resourcing. Not sure whether we moved because the police wanted the Rovers match on the Saturday, or just our turn, or through City choice (because of the international break beforehand). Latter unlikely perhaps when you consider Bailey Wright’s travel schedule. 

36 minutes ago, onehowie said:

Can anyone remember why the game was moved to Friday night....Gas at home Saturday, did they get priority...and if so, why?

Wish the hadn't It means I land at Heathrow at 3:30 after 12 hrs of flying, get through security, pick hire car drive then pretty much drive straight to The Gate. Could of done with a nights sleep before.

16 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Apparently it`s because it`s Oxford and they have history.

History with Oxford. I lived there a few years (hence the name) and they had a few Herbert's. The estates near the plant had a bit of a rep. More than a match for the Gas whoreds I suspect!

4 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

History with Oxford. I lived there a few years (hence the name) and they had a few Herbert's. The estates near the plant had a bit of a rep. More than a match for the Gas whoreds I suspect!

Dont speek ill of the prowed GHS! Even their firm sounds like they do insurance :facepalm:.

Oxford has got some suspect areas though, but I didn't know thats where your name came from! I thought you were just a big fan of beef stock...

3 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Blackbird Leys. One of the roughest estates it`s ever been my misfortune to spend two months working on. The only good thing about it is that there`s only one road in and it`s relatively easy for the police to shut it off when it all kicks off down there as it does regularly.

11 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Blackbird Leys. One of the roughest estates it`s ever been my misfortune to spend two months working on. The only good thing about it is that there`s only one road in and it`s relatively easy for the police to shut it off when it all kicks off down there as it does regularly.

Rape Alley made a picture in Crap Towns. Sigh!

1 hour ago, Red Right Hand said:

Out of interest, any idea why this is so?

I know Swindon collected overspill from London's East End after the war, but what is the reason for such an infamous estate in the otherwise gentile Oxford

20 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Out of interest, any idea why this is so?

I know Swindon collected overspill from London's East End after the war, but what is the reason for such an infamous estate in the otherwise gentile Oxford

It was the estate where all the British Leyland workers at Cowley lived and when the plant closed it went the way of many similar single industry areas - downhill rapidly.

People don`t generally realise that some of these nice towns and cities have some of the worst sink estates outside the main metropolitan areas. Some of the roughest estates I`ve worked on were in Cheltenham, Gloucester, Lincoln and Carlisle.

It was the estate where all the British Leyland workers at Cowley lived and when the plant closed it went the way of many similar single industry areas - downhill rapidly.

People don`t generally realise that some of these nice towns and cities have some of the worst sink estates outside the main metropolitan areas. Some of the roughest estates I`ve worked on were in Cheltenham, Gloucester, Lincoln and Carlisle.

I agree, but when did Cowley shut down?

Gloucester is one gurt shithole. I should know, as I grew up there.

18 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

Matson - shudder! I wonder if they still hit golf balls from the hill above it with the aim of clearing the blocks of flats and hitting cars driving up the spine road.

Coney Hill was a bit of an eye opener too.

But both used to (back in the 1980s, anyway) have very strong, rough, but extremely friendly after the match rugby clubs. 

On ‎05‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 20:22, Red Right Hand said:

Matson - shudder! I wonder if they still hit golf balls from the hill above it with the aim of clearing the blocks of flats and hitting cars driving up the spine road.

Coney Hill was a bit of an eye opener too.

Twin cheeks of Beelzebub`s arsehole.

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

And back again in a short space of time .

Does the national team pay for his travel ? 

Does he travel first class ?

Oh yes, they'll travel business/first.

Think it depends on the national team who pays for what and how much, i.e how rich the country is. Some countries charter their own planes, others can only fly commercial.

Top African players for example who are wanted back fresh, their club team will apparently pay for first class. If City want Bailey back as fresh and fit as possible, we will pay for the best possible no doubt. 

On ‎05‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 20:12, Juan Kerr said:

Gloucester is one gurt shithole. I should know, as I grew up there.

Having spent half my life in Bristol and Glos I can confirm that in fact both have rough/dodgy areas; in fact all towns cities do.

I can also confirm that within a very few miles of Glos there is some of the best country-side in the world. It is certainly far easier to drive around Glos than Bristol where it takes for-ever to get anywhere. :yes:

Archived