IGNORED

Lansdowns Millions (Merged)

wendyredredrobin

8 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Read over the weekend that Steve has just sold £190 million of Hargreaves Lansdown shares. Whilst this is enough to buy Neymar, I doubt whether this money is destined for BCFC or Bristol Sport, more likely an investment into another financial firm/fund manager.

Any chance of some of it coming the way of BCFC do you think?

I don't really understand FFP but I don't think it can spent directly on the squad? Maybe some of it would fund whatever is required to get us up to Cat 1 Academy status and maybe to get the an arena for the Flyers?

3 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

So what the hell is the difference between l1 sprinklers, championship ready sprinklers and premiership sprinklers then? Does champagne come out of the prem ones?

We can guess what comes out of the sags sprinklers though.

Umm the prem ones are called prem sprinklers. 

46 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Read over the weekend that Steve has just sold £190 million of Hargreaves Lansdown shares. Whilst this is enough to buy Neymar, I doubt whether this money is destined for BCFC or Bristol Sport, more likely an investment into another financial firm/fund manager.

Any chance of some of it coming the way of BCFC do you think?

Find it a bit weird when our fans think all of Lansdown's wealth should be spent on the club. It's not like he is tight on spending - we've broken out transfer record twice in two seasons

4 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

I don't think he should.  It's just a case of whether he wants to.

Well probably not, it would be foolish. As a financial adviser you'd never advise someone to invest in a football club - the return is horrendous.

He wants the club to be self sufficient eventually.

9 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Find it a bit weird when our fans think all of Lansdown's wealth should be spent on the club. It's not like he is tight on spending - we've broken out transfer record twice in two seasons

Potentially not a case of should, more a case of track record. How often does SL selling off that sort of portion of his share lead to some investment in City? Could be something totally different and good on him if it is, he's earned it.

6 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Well probably not, it would be foolish. As a financial adviser you'd never advise someone to invest in a football club - the return is horrendous.

Haha.  You don't know some of the financial advisers that I do.  Some of them would sell their mothers if they got paid enough commission (sorry fee -they dont call it commission any more).:)

4 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Your wealth must get to the stage where you're not really interested in investments or making more money

His wealth will look after the Lansdown Family for generations and some - surely you'd spend on what you enjoy - what's the point in making millions you could never spend or enjoy 

No reason that has to be City ,

(But in his position I'd have some fun with a bit of change here and there ;) :yes:)

36 minutes ago, Coombsy said:

It's to build the hotel on the wicks and dream land site 

Unlikely to be funded by selling shares, surely it’s just an agreed exit strategy from the business? 

Why would you sell shares in a successful business when you can borrow for effectively f’all at the moment?

Maybe for the indoor arena and hotel on the land he has aquired on Winterstoke road. Not sure how much longer until Wikes etc move, but presumably he needs to start getting the money in place in anticipation, selling now as he feels it's a good price int he time scale he's looking at ?

If City make it to the Prem and start receiving loads of cash from the Prem & TV etc, it would pay off City's current debts. Any surplus of that money could be used for team building and ground improvements.  However has Steve Lansdown given money to City or just loaned it in the hope that one day City will pay him back?

If he's loaned it, I have no objections to City repaying him, but if City do show a profit, is there a definite list of priorities of where the money goes?

7 minutes ago, 22A said:

If City make it to the Prem and start receiving loads of cash from the Prem & TV etc, it would pay off City's current debts. Any surplus of that money could be used for team building and ground improvements.  However has Steve Lansdown given money to City or just loaned it in the hope that one day City will pay him back?

If he's loaned it, I have no objections to City repaying him, but if City do show a profit, is there a definite list of priorities of where the money goes?

Just a loan..........and he's stuck another charge on the Swamp !:P

Archived