IGNORED

City successfully appeal Taylor sending off (Merged)

class not gas

46 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

While I smiled when I read this, if we had managed to use our man advantage we could have ended the game on a high.
A goal or even 2 back and a lot have people would have left happier. It's all well and good getting apologies but it does not help that particular game.

We scored 2 goals in a few minutes against them a few seasons back. Ok a long shot but not impossible.

2 hours ago, Real Red said:

Beradi was sent off for Leeds in 2015 for a  head butt on Leon Best apparently :grr:. He also was sent off on his debut for Leeds, two footed tackle and was sent off a month after on his return. What a nice guy eh?

Is previous misconduct history taken into account in deciding this incident?

If Matt Taylor has no history of head butting or other physical violence is that a factor in their decision?

Berardi has history so is that why they were more ready to believe he was the perpetrator? And if so why isn't he getting a longer suspension in the same way that Suarez did for his continual biting?

6 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Is previous misconduct history taken into account in deciding this incident?

If Matt Taylor has no history of head butting or other physical violence is that a factor in their decision?

Berardi has history so is that why they were more ready to believe he was the perpetrator? And if so why isn't he getting a longer suspension in the same way that Suarez did for his continual biting?

The day a misconduct charge is decided on past evidence will be a sad day.

It's all down to the evidence in front of someone, and let's face it, the evidence was quite damning.

1 hour ago, JamesBCFC said:

It wasnt a bad foul, but without the foul there is no reaction. With no reaction there is no headbutt.

Don't stop there.

Without Johnson, there is no Taylor.

With no Taylor, there is no Championship football and so no league match v Leeds on this weekend, this season.

With no Championship football this season.....

23 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

Don't stop there.

Without Johnson, there is no Taylor.

With no Taylor, there is no Championship football and so no league match v Leeds on this weekend, this season.

With no Championship football this season.....

You suggesting this was the fault of my Johnson?

2 hours ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

Yes, I agree, he could have just walked away after the foul and let the ref decide on what action would be taken, still he probably had the old red mist,  it happens. Main thing is he is not banned for three matches,

*but it's doubtful if he will play tonight, unless of course he has some sort of protection for the broken nose.

Due to a fondness by their supporters for punching horses I believe there is  a requirement in place for Bristol Rovers to keep a ready supply of horse nose bags at the Mem... just in case.

Perhaps they'd lend us one for Taylor if he's selected to play tonight? ... :) 

2 hours ago, bcfcfinker said:

The day a misconduct charge is decided on past evidence will be a sad day.

It's all down to the evidence in front of someone, and let's face it, the evidence was quite damning.

I get what you're saying and agree in part. But past actions can definitely help when looking at intent. 

4 hours ago, marmite said:

It wasn't that bad a foul and Taylor overreacted and got Beradi to react to his(Taylors) aggression. Having said that I think the right conclusion has been reached. How many more poor refs will we have this season?

Quite a few unfortunately.

But hopefully we'll still end up winning some of those games.

5 hours ago, Die Hard Red said:

Beradi started it with a foul and finished it with assault. ;)

Think you'll find Taylor started it with his shocking foul on Vieira that went unpunished. Berardi then fouled Taylor in an act of retribution, and the rest followed. 

3 minutes ago, Verloc said:

Think you'll find Taylor started it with his shocking foul on Vieira that went unpunished. Berardi then fouled Taylor in an act of retribution, and the rest followed. 

Still doesn’t excuse a head butt to the face. Do that in real life and you end up in a lot more trouble than Berardi has for doing it on a football field in front of 24,000 people.

6 minutes ago, Jacki said:

Still doesn’t excuse a head butt to the face. Do that in real life and you end up in a lot more trouble than Berardi has for doing it on a football field in front of 24,000 people.

I know it doesn't and Berardi has received the punishment of a 3-match ban. I think Taylor is fortunate to have escaped without a card of either colour against his name. 

6 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

You can still think he shouldn’t have started it and agree that he shouldn’t have been sent off. Just saying! :) 

But there are several saying that he got what he deserved. 

Now he’s got what he deserved. Oh, and a broken nose..! 

1 hour ago, Verloc said:

“Shocking foul” or little trip..? Seriously, get a grip!! 

1 hour ago, Verloc said:

I know it doesn't and Berardi has received the punishment of a 3-match ban. I think Taylor is fortunate to have escaped without a card of either colour against his name. 

I don't consider being wrongly sent off and therefore losing a man advantage as fortunate.  I'm sure Taylor and City would have preferred for him to be given the yellow at worst like they should have

36 minutes ago, Donkeeebles said:

I don't consider being wrongly sent off and therefore losing a man advantage as fortunate.  I'm sure Taylor and City would have preferred for him to be given the yellow at worst like they should have

You'll have to take that up with the referee. 

2 minutes ago, Donkeeebles said:

As above we don't need to now. Just find your "fortunate" claim a very strange one.  

It's very simple to understand. Taylor deserved a red or yellow card, as most of your own supporters would admit. He's ended up with neither. But in the wider scheme of things, it's not very important. We ended up with 3 points, you ended up with zero.

Only a handful of people - mainly trolls - thought Taylor deserved a red or a yellow.  Anybody who is aware of the laws of the game knows better.  Not surprising to see a leeds fan have trouble with this, but being angry at being fouled isn't actually an offence at all.

Congrats on your points, I hope they serve as some sort of consolation for you.  It must be a tough life.

2 minutes ago, Nibor said:

Only a handful of people - mainly trolls - thought Taylor deserved a red or a yellow.  Anybody who is aware of the laws of the game knows better.  Not surprising to see a leeds fan have trouble with this, but being angry at being fouled isn't actually an offence at all.

Congrats on your points, I hope they serve as some sort of consolation for you.  It must be a tough life.

Thought Taylor's foul on Vieira and his retaliation to the foul committed by Berardi were arguably both deserving of yellow cards. Why would I need any consolation? It was a very enjoyable game on Saturday, and an enjoyable weekend in Bristol. It's an easy life being a Leeds fan right now.

8 minutes ago, Verloc said:

Thought Taylor's foul on Vieira and his retaliation to the foul committed by Berardi were arguably both deserving of yellow cards. Why would I need any consolation? It was a very enjoyable game on Saturday, and an enjoyable weekend in Bristol. It's an easy life being a Leeds fan right now.

I think you've misunderstood.  You can't get booked for a foul unless it's actually a foul, the ref didn't give one.  This all came from a throw in.  You can't get booked for being angry at being fouled either.  There's nothing really arguable about that - it's the rules. 

Glad you enjoyed your time in Bristol, by all means come again next season.

Archived