IGNORED

The official Bristol City FC v Crystal Palace FC in the Carabao Cup match day thread 13

Septic Peg

42 minutes ago, CiderHider said:

Palarse fans a bit salty today :yawn:

http://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=272527&page=2

Slave trading scum let's smash them!

Don't like there manager smarmy git, his old man cheating git

55 more pages of these gems :yawn::yawn:

What is the infamous carpark conversation? Obviously still haunts some of them…

35 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Terrific performance by the whole team, incredibly proud.

Special shout out for Flint and Pack tonight as bad as they were on Saturday both great tonight.

Magnússon looked accomplished at left back and allowed Bryan to play in midfield to great effect.

A fit Đurić is definitely a handful and Taylor goal showed what he is best at anticipating mistakes in the box.

Great to see Pisano back, hope he is ok, he certainly doesn’t hold back.

It’s difficult to pick out a MOM but I thought Brownhill was superb tonight.

Agree with everything apart from this - I thought tonight showed absolutely everything about why Magnússon isn’t a left back, and if their tricky no 26(?) could have crossed the ball or hit a cows arse with a banjo they could (should?) have been 2 or 3 up before we got into the game.

He was so much more comfortable at CB once Paterson came on and Joe went to LB. 

Don’t want to sound negative at all because it was an absolutely superb team performance, and I’m elated, but for me he is absolutely not a full back. 

2 hours ago, Tears in rain said:

We got a few midfield players dropping back and it really helped. The goal we conceded and chances they had were from isolated defenders mainly. 

Completely agree, people saying wright was poor but Loftus-was running in behind pack and dragging our defence out of position . 

2 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Completely agree, people saying wright was poor but Loftus-was running in behind pack and dragging our defence out of position . 

Exactly it’s about defending as a team and we looked solid when they had some extra help and protection to tie up and fill the space Sako And Co were utilising. 

17 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Agree with everything apart from this - I thought tonight showed absolutely everything about why Magnússon isn’t a left back, and if their tricky no 26(?) could have crossed the ball or hit a cows arse with a banjo they could (should?) have been 2 or 3 up before we got into the game.

He was so much more comfortable at CB once Paterson came on and Joe went to LB. 

Don’t want to sound negative at all because it was an absolutely superb team performance, and I’m elated, but for me he is absolutely not a full back. 

Agree to disagree but hey ho Wright is not a full back and Hegeler is definitely not a centre back.

2 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Agree to disagree but hey ho Wright is not a full back and Hegeler is definitely not a centre back.

We all see it differently Es, funny old game and all that. Agree wholeheartedly on Wright and Hegeler, though I think Bailey has done about the best job you could expect for a centre back playing as a makeshift full back. 

2 hours ago, Shtanley said:

Is that why Magnússon isn’t getting in our team? Not good enough as a LB for me. Brownhill doesn’t look out of place against a premier league team. Diedhiou was dstoing really well up top but Đurić looks sharp since he’s come on. 

Magnússon was awful first half. He did improve second but that wasn't hard. He is ambling for their goal. Didn't make one tackle first half. 

My brief review of the game...

Palace came out of the blocks flying, obviously keen to impress and make a stake for the 1st team. They were spured on by some of the best away support i have ever witnessed at Ashton Gate.

They played the sort of football we've come to expect from us. We were shocked by how good they were and I feel we gave them far too much respect in the early part of the game. 

It was only a matter of time before they scored and it came as no surprise when they did, but scoring was actually their down fall as it gave us a reality check and we started to get into the game more.

Fammys injury was regrettable as it was his own doing. He tried to hard to win the ball near the half way line, climbed over a player and landed awkwardly on his knee. This enforced change gave us a different dimension and turned into a blessing with MD sheer presence causing Palace problems. 

Mags made a exquisite cross field ball onto the head of MD and his header caused Van Aaanholt all sorts of problems and he headed it into the path of Matty Taylor and from there on in there was only going to be one winner. Palace lost confidence and also tired and we took full advantage and we're back to our best.

1 hour ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Not sure what they might mean by a 'conversation'  - could be almost anything - but I do remember reports of Tango Man having an interesting chat with some City fans outside the Williams having his half time fag.

we remember McIndoe jumping on the Palace away bus and nutting Carle, ******* :laugh:

Archived