IGNORED

Football on 5 - Hilarious

southvillekiddy

Watch "Football on 5" occasionally. Hilarious seeing how little reference to a Top 5 team those presenters squeeze out of themselves each week - including Chris Ewelumo who has forgotten he ever played for us.

The one I love is "the seasons overachievers"        WTF???

Have a little think and imagine what they will squeeze out of themselves  about us - what they will say to us coming back from 2 nil down today.

The fact that we kept Derby County out of going 5th will be ignored - almost guaranteed.

Instead they will cream themselves about Sheffield Utd even if they lose to Brum.

Like I said  - hilarious

Colin Murray called us the most attractive football team to watch outside of the prem and Iwelumo and other guests have praised us a hell of a lot over the season. It’s not the best show but people just like to criticise anything! They can’t talk about how great the mighty City are every week! 

8 minutes ago, Negan said:

Colin Murray called us the most attractive football team to watch outside of the prem and Iwelumo and other guests have praised us a hell of a lot over the season. It’s not the best show but people just like to criticise anything! They can’t talk about how great the mighty City are every week! 

What you said. Colin Murray doesn't work for Sky so he's not seemingly contracted to big up certain teams. In fact he left Talksport as he didn't want to work for Murdoch I believe.

8 minutes ago, petehinton said:

They’re always extremely complimentary about us so don’t know where the hate is coming from. 

Iwelumo says LJ was always going to be a good coach based on their time on coaching courses together, and Colin has called us the most attractive football team to watch. 

And Clinton Morrison always bigs us up when he`s on.

12 minutes ago, steveybadger said:

What you said. Colin Murray doesn't work for Sky so he's not seemingly contracted to big up certain teams. In fact he left Talksport as he didn't want to work for Murdoch I believe.

He did and purely on The Scums coverage of Hillsborough.  Seems a good bloke.

24 minutes ago, Negan said:

Why not? COYR 

58 minutes ago, southvillekiddy said:

Watch "Football on 5" occasionally. Hilarious seeing how little reference to a Top 5 team those presenters squeeze out of themselves each week - including Chris Ewelumo who has forgotten he ever played for us.

The one I love is "the seasons overachievers"        WTF???

Have a little think and imagine what they will squeeze out of themselves  about us - what they will say to us coming back from 2 nil down today.

The fact that we kept Derby County out of going 5th will be ignored - almost guaranteed.

Instead they will cream themselves about Sheffield Utd even if they lose to Brum.

Like I said  - hilarious

We are over achieving 

1 minute ago, cidercity1987 said:

I quite like the programme and Murray is doing a good job imo.

Iwelumo not bad but I was surprised he thought Maggers on Bannan was a stonewaller last week.

Oh i agree with you on Murray. He is a much better presenter than that Reiley/Hipgrave combination. Murray always shows his passion for sport just like one of us. Not in the staid ITV Pougatch media journalistic way. Can not argue with that.

Programmes not so bad IMO. Usually fairly complementary towards us.

Also, for the budget it probably has- Sky has major subscriptions, plus advertising I expect. For the budget it has, it's okay I think.

One major bugbear though is when they announce goals before they happen when they roundup action...that's a nonsense tbh.

3 hours ago, petehinton said:

They’re always extremely complimentary about us so don’t know where the hate is coming from. 

Iwelumo says LJ was always going to be a good coach based on their time on coaching courses together, and Colin has called us the most attractive football team to watch. 

Okay mate. I'm pleased if other fans have heard us get a decent mention on the show and that we are taken seriously.It's just when I have watched it I haven't heard that. Instead I've heard condescension. At the same time I noticed  that the presenters give too much emphasis to ex-Premiership Clubs who are lower than us in the table. In my opinion the way we are playing this season and the possibility of City emulating the success of Huddersfield Town deserves more serious attention.

3 minutes ago, stephenkibby. said:

Sorry I have to ask. Is she a so called celebrity? If so my mind goes blank and a bit of sick arrives in my throat.

Nothing against her but the whole celeb culture makes me want to vomit:blink:

No fan of the celeb thing either, but we were more talking about the C5 footy programme and i just said i fancied the girl that used to be on the programme. And hey,  am I wrong?  uh, no i'm not .. she is   pretty tidy

Archived