IGNORED

anyone fancy a bet tomorrow night?

Sweeneys Penalties

I posted this on Not606 earlier:

Talking to a mate in work today, he got 160-1 on us winning 2-1 with Flint scoring first.
Interestingly it was 120-1 on Man U winning 2-1 with Flint scoring first.
I am not a betting man but I was tempted to put a tenner down on both scenarios - which is exactly what he did!

1 minute ago, RedDave said:

I think it does,  if we played them 20 times I think we would draw a few.  Penalties then a bit of a coin toss.  I would have it at 14/1 ish maybe 16/1 so think it’s good value.

I’m not a betting man but I can’t see that 1-20 games would lead to a draw over 120 mins followed by us winning on pens.  We don’t play for draws and historically we’ve never done penalty shootouts very well. Personally I’d need far better odds.

Me getting frustrated with people who don't know where they are sitting and then, because they went to the pub early to get oiled, needing to go for a wee during the first half because the game kicked off later than they were expecting and so they had too many pints Pre-match.

2/1

1 minute ago, Bristol Rob said:

Me getting frustrated with people who don't know where they are sitting and then, because they went to the pub early to get oiled, needing to go for a wee during the first half because the game kicked off later than they were expecting and so they had too many pints Pre-match.

2/1

thees d'sound as grumpy as I. Unfortunately I can see a good few on their big night out following this model. Odds on!!

7 minutes ago, RumRed said:

What are the odds for a red for Flint I wonder? The ‘all about me’ ref, Jose and a bunch of primadonnas worries me, even though Flint’s as honest as anything.

possible. Rashford has pace to burn and we all know how much Ashley Young likes to make the most of a situation

4 minutes ago, Big C said:

Got a fiver on Flint and Ibrahimovic both to score headers at 200/1

Be a bastard when Flint overhead kicks the winner in to the roof of the net in the 5th minute of stoppage time.

Speaking of betting, THIS is the type of match that makes the point about insurance betting that @slartibartfast was trying to make to OSIB @Shtanley earlier in the season. This is an absolute insurance bet game which really proves that we do it wanting to win the match / lose our money.

The logic today is as follows: in your excitement, how much would you be prepared to pay for a once in a lifetime result? I expect it would be quite a large number, maybe even a silly number. So bet it on Utd, and play with fate - if fate usually finds a way to conspire against you, give it a challenge.

It wasn't well explained earlier in the season, but today is a game where you don't really expect a result so happily pay for one of two lucky outcomes. And believe me you really do it wanting to lose money. I did it in the Euro 2016 final in Paris not expecting much and was thrilled to lose a packet.

p.s. if you are betting a silly amount as emotional insurance, don't forget to bet on the "to qualify" market and not the match market (90 minutes) :facepalm:

@Olé I totally get the concept of what it is you do, but I just find it outrageous. I don’t think fate is moved in any way by you betting against your team. Why not bet nothing and if city win spend money on a night out or something as a celebration. Or just always bet on City to win or request a bets? I’m normally good at empathising or understanding where people are coming from but I’m afraid I just can’t quite understand why people insurance bet against city. Oh well there are more serious disagreements to worry about I suppose.

At least you’re not into half and half scarfs  

2 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

@Olé I totally get the concept of what it is you do, but I just find it outrageous. I don’t think fate is moved in any way by you betting against your team. Why not bet nothing and if city win spend money on a night out or something as a celebration. Or just always bet on City to win or request a bets? I’m normally good at empathising or understanding where people are coming from but I’m afraid I just can’t quite understand why people insurance bet against city. Oh well there are more serious disagreements to worry about I suppose.

At least you’re not into half and half scarfs  

I think it’s a superstitious thing, many people claim that if they bet on their own team that their team loses & they then lose their money so they refuse to back their own team.

So on that basis, if you back your teams opposition & your team wins, great, your team has won but you’ve lost money & if your team loses, you might of won some money......

I tend to find this is more prevalent if you back many teams in a accumulator & your team is the only one that lets you down because it is very rare that putting your money on a single of the outcome of the result of one game is very rewarding unless you bet large amounts.

6 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

Irony of ironies.................I probably WON't be betting this one, price to prohibitive!

Back to normal for QPR.        I'm glad Ole mentioned "to qualify" as there might be a few disappointed punters IF it goes into extra time!

Solved my problem.........doubled up with QPR. Delighted if/when I lose !:fingerscrossed:

Archived