IGNORED

The official Bristol City FC v Manchester United in the Carabao Cup match day thread (Christmas Special)

Septic Peg

1 minute ago, Leveller said:

Not wise to judge musical achievement by number ones! Or number twos, come to that.

Nash was actually quoted in the book "The road is long  The Hollies Story by Brian Southall  " The Hollies after I left had the audacity the gall, to have three number ones records, Thanks a lot,  guys!" So he obviously thought so.  I actually attended 15 lives gigs in those days and they were just as good live as on record. the last time I saw them was in 93 at St Davids Hall in Cardiff and they were just as good live then.  I think they achieved quite a lot in their hey day and as I said are still performing to good audiences all over Europe now.

Well, just got home from work, no way I could make this, so a little bit jealous.

Will be great to see the new stand packed, and hopefully a great atmosphere. Not sure how I feel. Head says, a defeat to an odd goal with a dodgy penalty will not season wise be the worst result. Heart will dominate the moment the whistle goes, and hope that we can do ourselves justice whatever the result. No cards, injuries please!

Little worried we are turning up the heat a little with the call for heroes, rather than a just go out there, enjoy yourself and show what you can do type message, but is a long time since we had this typical of match, too long really.

A wonderful distraction, hoping I enjoy it. We have done better against teams that have tried to play some football, but this is a huge raise of the bar, and they may think exactly the same. Just hoping we do our usual thing and see how it goes.

Got my ticket for QPR, which hopefully is not to after the Lord Mayors show.

Got the plane: (apparently)

Romero, Joel Pereira, O'Hara
Darmian, Shaw, Blind
Lindelof, Smalling, Rojo, Tuanzebe
Pogba, Herrera, McTominay
Mkhitaryan, Lingard, Mata
Rashford, Martial
Zlatan, Lukaku

Looks like Jose is taking this seriously 

Also we are on BBC sports day, some nice footage 

1 minute ago, CiderHider said:

Got the plane:

Romero, Joel Pereira, O'Hara
Darmian, Shaw, Blind
Lindelof, Smalling, Rojo, Tuanzebe
Pogba, Herrera, McTominay
Mkhitaryan, Lingard, Mata
Rashford, Martial
Zlatan, Lukaku

Alos we are on BBC sports day, some nice footage 

So Rooney isn’t in the squad then?

13 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

So Rooney isn’t in the squad then?

What happened to that Charlton fella they had that seemed to be coming along nicely?

Jose likes this cup, and will most likely play a stronger side than Man City and Arsenal did yesterday. I want to see how we match up against the very best they have, so all good.

1 hour ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

Don't forget the best group ever to come out of Manchester in the 60's  "The Hollies" still going strong today,  even with only two original members Tony Hicks and Booby Elliott, Alan Clarke retired in the late 90's such a great lead singer.    Still on to the little matter of the game tonight,  we all want City to put one over on Man U,  but unless we play out of our socks and stop them from playing their normal game,  I can't see it happening.  The main thing is that we don't disgrace ourselves in front of a TV audience from 80 countries, a great chance to put Bristol City in the shop window for future permanent or loan signings (Man U youngsters) which perhaps an expensive favourite wine may help us with.  So come on boys, do us all proud tonight and get Bristol City's name out there for all the World to know.    COME ON YOU REDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I smell gas.......:gasmask:      :shocking:

Archived