IGNORED

The official Bristol City FC v Manchester United in the Carabao Cup match day thread (Christmas Special)

Septic Peg

Bloody happy wth that half.

Must be a temptation to stick ten behind the ball and hope. We have given it a good go, and their best chances have come when we have been caught short of numbers. Of course they have quality up front that might swing it, and we might tire, but more than matched them that half.

Just one comment from their Boards...

"you'd have to say Bristol City could cut it in the Premier League

very tidy passing

only Martial has really looked on it for us I think"

Two things worry me so far:

Maggers. Probably the only player who hasnt been safe with the ball and doesn’t look comfortable in possession.

The amount of times that a foray forward from them ends in a shot or opportunity. Seems to be a very high percentage. A midfielder either needs to drop back and pick up players at the edge of the box or the defence needs to step up.

5 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

You can't run into the keeper like that.

Would like to see that handball shout against Martial again though, not sure his hand needed to be that high.

Indeed cane in from the side and by the looks of it nudged it out of one hand. A few years ago that would have been okay.. But I think they changed the two hands on the ball law a fair few years back.

Look good. But I get the feeling if they isolate flint or Wright against martial more often we are going to have problems later in the game.

Keep it up lads very good performance

Ps brilliant tackle by blind... and tells you a lot why Smith doesn't score much :)

10 minutes ago, Murraysrightplum said:

What was wrong with Flint’s goal?

What I wouldn’t give for an Albert Adomah as an out ball...

law 12

An indirect free kick is awarded if a player prevents the goalkeeper from releasing the ball from the hands or kicks or attempts to kick the ball when the goalkeeper is in the process of releasing it

the ball was in contact with the keepers hands when it hit Flints bum

Not that I like the decision of course!

2 minutes ago, petehinton said:

No matter what the second half brings, incredibly proud of the club after that first half. Played exceptional football. 

This could really go either way. Set pieces are key to us scoring IMO. 

I’d echo this. Good 45 minutes, as much as I could have hoped for in the first half. I’d love to go ahead. After that, who knows, just the feeling of scoring to go in front.

2 minutes ago, petehinton said:

No matter what the second half brings, incredibly proud of the club after that first half. Played exceptional football. 

This could really go either way. Set pieces are key to us scoring IMO. 

We’ve played bravely and aggressive , just a shame Korey wanted a second touch 

1 minute ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

I’d echo this. Good 45 minutes, as much as I could have hoped for in the first half. I’d love to go ahead. After that, who knows, just the feeling of scoring to go in front.

****** off had flint @ 12/1 , what a goal 

Archived