IGNORED

Lloyd Kelly

Mr X

9 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

That was fantastic! He looked so surprised when it went in, he didn't know where to run or what to do!

He didn’t did he, certainly didn’t have a plan in his head, or if he did he was too shocked to remember. Great that the whole team were so pleased for him.

Delighted for him, and do hope it helps him settle a little, as odds are we’ll need him.

Am I right in thinking he now has a goal and and assist in his three (or is it four) first team appearances?

He may have got more games out in loan, but pleased he’s been here to learn how the team plays; LJ clearly rates him highly.

1 hour ago, samo II said:

Delighted for him, and do hope it helps him settle a little, as odds are we’ll need him.

Am I right in thinking he now has a goal and and assist in his three (or is it four) first team appearances?

He may have got more games out in loan, but pleased he’s been here to learn how the team plays; LJ clearly rates him highly.

I would go so far as to say that those of us who've seen Kelly, and Vyner for that matter, over the last two years in the under 21's believe it's a matter of when not if they become first team regulars.

5 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

I would go so far as to say that those of us who've seen Kelly, and Vyner for that matter, over the last two years in the under 21's believe it's a matter of when not if they become first team regulars.

It is excellent that despite what might be seen as unexpected success this year, young players are still seeing themselves get game time when possible - Hinds and Kelly are good examples.

I’d suggest the away game to Watford in the FA Cup might prove another top opportunity to give kids a go - like to see Bakinson have more mins, unless we can find him a loan move where he’ll play.

4 minutes ago, grifty said:

Good to see Vyner and Leko jumping on him after the game, seemed to be really happy for him.

We have an excellent team spirit just now, and even if the likes of Leko are not quite firing, you get the impression they will get the support and encouragement to improve from their teammates.

A brilliant situation when you have young players coming through; Bobby looked delighted when Kelly scored, almost more than he does when he nets!

I remember seeing him play an U-18 game, iirc, he was 15/16 at the time. I called a mate after the game and said that I’d just seen a star of the future for us. He was the best player on the pitch by a mile and though he struggled physically, his movement, positioning and technique were all superb. He’s filled out nicely now and looks a proper athlete. 

To quote Paul Merson, he’s going to be a top, top player.

39 minutes ago, WesM said:

I remember seeing him play an U-18 game, iirc, he was 15/16 at the time. I called a mate after the game and said that I’d just seen a star of the future for us. He was the best player on the pitch by a mile and though he struggled physically, his movement, positioning and technique were all superb. He’s filled out nicely now and looks a proper athlete. 

To quote Paul Merson, he’s going to be a top, top player.

I first saw him play at the Brislington game at the start of 15/16 season...as LCB.  A fine athlete then, only gonna get bigger and stronger.

Finishing with three Bristolians on the pitch as well. Exceptional.

Happy for Kelly to get the goal. He certainly has potential. Is anyone else reminded of Reid or Bryan when they were 19? Raw quality that over the past 5 years has been tempered by experience into two of the hottest properties in the league.

Kelly to be player of the season in 2023?

1 hour ago, ExiledAjax said:

Finishing with three Bristolians on the pitch as well. Exceptional.

Happy for Kelly to get the goal. He certainly has potential. Is anyone else reminded of Reid or Bryan when they were 19? Raw quality that over the past 5 years has been tempered by experience into two of the hottest properties in the league.

Kelly to be player of the season in 2023?

Your first point is very impressive - when you think that we are able to field players from across the globe, to have 3 young Bristol players on the pitch is fantastic.

Credit to the Academy.

Well Done Lloyd for his first goal and featuring again for the first team.

16 hours ago, samo II said:

The last bit is very important. He now knows how we want to play and had the whole summer and first 5 months to train that way. Think the plan was to play him more but with Flint and Mags not leaving it cost him minutes. Again, not a problem because I think learning our system is probably more important than playing games in L2.

Klopp does this at Liverpool. He’d rather keep a promising young player around and teach them where and when to be at different times rather than go somewhere where they play completely different. It is then just the speed and physicality of the game you need to learn. He may not need 20 games on loan to learn that. He has had some games already and will likely get more minutes in January. Him staying will be beneficial if we lose Joe Bryan. LK will already knows the position and can just slot in and I would put money on him becoming more comfortable after every match. Same with Vyner really. Both being trained to be first team fullbacks soon. 

23 hours ago, Robbored said:

Graham - in 50+ seasons I reckon i must have seen City play around  1500 times and yet you seem surprised that I can't remember particular games...................

Jeez...............:facepalm:

Noone cares about the past robbored, be full of players who dont play for us anymore

Archived