IGNORED

The official Bristol City FC v Reading FC match day thread 24

Septic Peg

1 minute ago, Dan Robin said:

A truly fantastic Boxing Day!  :trumpet:

Great effort from the lads, and good subs by LJ. 

If only those annoying injuries gave us a break... :gaah:

Yes, but just look what we are doing with a threadbare squad,  how will we do when all the injured come back?

1 minute ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

Yes, but just look what we are doing with a threadbare squad,  how will we do when all the injured come back?

In a weird way those injuries could prove a blessing if the team keep winning in the meantime. Once those players recover their match fitness, they’ll effectively have had a mid season break. That could have a decisive impact later in the season.

Felt it would be really important for us to get three points today, as if we could keep the momentum up, at least one of the others up top would falter, which looks to have been the case.

Am very worried the squad is at absolute breaking point, but makes the run we’re on all the more impressive.

Time for the physios to earn their money; need some of those out back pronto, otherwise we’ll need to be busy early doors Jan window.

But massive congrats to the team; phenominal work so far this season.

COYR!

Today, I missed my first home game due to illness since we lost at home to Wolves 1-6 back in 1998-9 season.

Another great result and so thrilled for Lloyd Kelly to wrap it up in the last few minutes. A bit miffed that I missed Pato's great strike but it's superb that the goals are being shared around the whole squad.

How bad is Baker's injury?

15 minutes ago, cityexile said:

“There is a late late goal at Ashton Gate’.

O, just sod off.

”Bristol City have secured the points.”.

Yes, get in.

Not been great today, just about no players left, found a way to win. Better in second half in fairness.

Fingers crossed for Baker and Pato. 

Not as bad as...

"A sixth goal at the Cardiff City stadium"

'For **** sake' I shouted in front of all the in laws and kids, only to scream when Fulham 4 popped up.

I looked up to see everyone just staring at me.

Awesome once again .

These lads are winning even when they're on their knees.

I echo the sentiments regarding injuries it's a bit worrying.

I loved the way we effortlessly swapped positions when Bakes went off . Well done Hörður and Joe.

2nd well deserved. If we're still there at the end of January we will surely go up.

:dance:

Frankie's kicking is really rubbish but two world class saves mean he keeps his place .

Archived