IGNORED

The official Bristol City FC v Reading FC match day thread 24

Septic Peg

2 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Awesome once again .

These lads are winning even when they're on their knees.

I echo the sentiments regarding injuries it's a bit worrying.

I loved the way we effortlessly swapped positions when Bakes went off . Well done Hörður and Joe.

2nd well deserved. If we're still there at the end of January we will surely go up.

:dance:

Frankie's kicking is really rubbish but two world class saves mean he keeps his place .

Hörður really playing his part now, so pleased for him

14 minutes ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

Yes, but just look what we are doing with a threadbare squad,  how will we do when all the injured come back?

Yes, the team's doing amazing things, no doubt about it...but we can't ask miracles to our ''survivals'': the currentrly injured players will need some time to regain form, and we can't exclude the possibility of some relapses (see Pisano)...so I'm still worried about our situation. The positive thing is that in January we could add some players - maybe on loan - and give our most tired players the possibility to have some rest... :fingerscrossed:

17 minutes ago, B-Rizzle said:

So we know Pato is nursing a hamstring injury but did LJ take him off to try and see the game out and rest him OR because he has aggravated the injury further???

According to his interview on RB, Lee said he took him off as a precaution.

Another win, another 3pts, a 4 goal swing in our favour from the Cardiff result, only 3pts off 50...!  Seems to be an inner belief and resilience to this team that I haven't really seen since 89/90.  Would be easy to get carried away and down tools somewhat after the Manure result, but they've dug in for a point at QPR and found away to win against an underperforming and short on confidence Reading side.  Some rest now, assess some injuries then onwards to Sat!

Don’t know about you lot, but Bristol City football results make or break my Xmas!!! And this is a good one - so far.

Wolves is just “another game” but LJ won’t see it like that. To be honest, I can see us beating them as well!

Getting blooody excited! Next Saturday can’t come fast enough. What a brilliant Boxing Day!

Decent performance, great result, amazing set of results.  2nd in the table with the opportunity to close the gap on Wolves in the final game of the year is phenomenal.  Well done LJ, JMc, DH and the whole squad.  

It's clear in January we need to move quickly to get two or three players in but they _must_ be the right ones, there's an unexpected opportunity this season that we can't afford to ignore but we also rely so much on spirit and workrate we have to have the right mentality in a signing.  Tough work but that's what Mark Ashton gets paid for.

Wolves will be a very hard game but we could push them close.  They aren't unassailable and we're motoring.  Game on.

Gutsy win that. Hard fought Championsip match. Beautiful Patterson goal. Reading might be having a disappointing season but man for man they are no slouches. And nor is Jaap Staam. For those not there that felt like a real battle. In previous seasons it could have gone the other way. Very impressive! And almost averaging 2 pts a game. This is - dare I say it - promotion form...

How about Readings style of play mind! Like watching a SOD team. Pass around the back, play into trouble and just launch it!

mr Staam trying to force a style on players that are just too average to carry it out!

they mustve conceded loads of goals from messing about at the back and losing the ball high up. 

1 hour ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

According to his interview on RB, Lee said he took him off as a precaution.

Yep. I think he spent most of his time on the pitch nursing his injury. LJ said he was going to have an epidural in his back for the pain to hopefully sort it out. (Am not sure how I feel about masking injuries.)

7 hours ago, Septic Peg said:

Nope.

If they ain't available in Tescos or Sainsbury's and are only available in Waitrose, they are posh. 

These aren't even available in Waitrose. Online only apparently. And they do Tango Jaffa Cakes. WTAF????

Elite Tory company it must be.

Screenshot_20171226-125753.png

Not as bad as an artificial lawn mind 

Very pleased with all the results today, couldn't have really asked for more, apart from Derby losing. The worrying thing is that 3 points always seems to equal more injuries, I just hope we can hold out until we get players returning mid Jan. With the squad the way it is stretched and the frequency of games at the moment I would settle for a point against Wolves and would rather we went all the way in the league than had a substantial run in the FA Cup, particularly with the distraction of Man City coming up who look a whole class ahead of everyone at the moment, including the other half of Manchester.

Was talking to my Dad today who had a few beers with some Cardiff friends of his a couple of days ago, apparently they are getting stretched by injuries as well. 

Good 3 points today. We were a bit laboured at times (not surprising considering it was our third game in a week) and sometimes tried to over-play it in attack, but we were the better team. It could easily have been a draw, though, with the chances they had towards the end. Paterson’s goal was superb. Congratulations to Lloyd Kelly for his first goal. What a memorable day for him.

9 hours ago, old_eastender said:

Pack's yellow after awful play by Brownhill, who is playing like he ate too much xmas pud!

He burnt it off in quick fashion and had a barn storming 2nd half fully deserving his motm accolade. 

8 hours ago, luke_bristol said:

All credit to Cardiff, they don’t know when they’re beaten

Oh I think they do now.

Archived