IGNORED

24.5k for Wolves already

ChippenhamRed

21 minutes ago, Betty Swallocks said:

Haha! My point exactly. Man Utd was quality as everyone seemed to have been out on a jolly all that Wednesday afternoon!

Bit more hopeful about it now. Really think it's important tbh. Nobody wants to be in - let alone play football in - a sterile atmosphere. Lifts the players and it does get pretty loud at times. Up the ******* City.

2 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

3 points in front of a sellout crowd and the sky cameras would be a fantastic way to round off 2018.  And with some good players coming back from injury in jan and feb, we can push on towards our rightful position in the Europa League.

fixed that for you ;)

26 minutes ago, Homer Simpson said:

If you're that slaughtered, are you sure it's the singing that makes your throat sore? :whistle:

We've all got to make a living somehow, even if that does involve sucking off tramps for quavers.

1 minute ago, BCFCinNW6 said:

You really love Quavers huh?!!

Should see me when I get a whiff of a packet opening. Once broke in to a primary school because I heard one of the little shits opening up a packet of 15% extra free. Jumped the gate, kicked her in the face, nabbed the Quavers, got out with my dignity intact. 

Although it's close call between quavers and sucking tramp cock though.

46 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Bloody tabloids. I hadn't even done my hair.

....and your tongue is hanging out  - probably due to the guy next to you having his elbow in your ear! :)

8 hours ago, Red Exile said:

Slightly different tangent but if we're going to have 20k plus attendances regularly then I don't know what it's like at the other P&Rs but an extra bus back to the Portway P&R would be appreciated...by those left waiting 40 minutes as they watch the two full buses depart and wait for them to drive there and back. One for the new SLO...I'll compose an email...

Average so far this season is 40 short of 20k. It will cruise through that number on Saturday. 

8 hours ago, havanatopia said:

Average so far this season is 40 short of 20k. It will cruise through that number on Saturday. 

Last I checked, about 21400 average would get us into the top 100 supported clubs in Europe. 

I believe Norwich home tickets are close to selling out and they normally travel quite well too. 

well folks, chatting to the Wolves fans i know in the build up to this game. The best they are hoping for is a draw.

Why you ask? they are miles ahead at the top of the table.....

Chatting to my in laws' who are season ticket holders and to the Wolves fan i know in and out of work, the last few games, they have not played that well (despite not losing) - maybe the December schedule has taken it out of them. They have not lost since QPR away in October. They hammered Bolton 5-1 and Leeds 4-1 in November - since then, they have grounded out their results.

1-0 win vs Birmingham

0-0 - Sunderland

1-0 win vs Sheffield Wednesday

1-0 win vs Ipswich

2-2 - Milwall.

I'd love to pick up 11 points from a possible 15 without playing well, especially when they've already got a huge lead to begin with. They may well have won, but from what the fans have told me, the opposition were terrible and Wolves should have won those games by more but lacked quality in the final third. The Sunderland game was merely attack vs defence (similar to that of Liverpool vs Chelsea a few years ago #slipgate). It could just be that they are saving themselves for this game, i dont know.

At our away game at Molineux, my wife's uncle said to me the day after that he loved the way we played football as many teams who go to Wolves merely sit back, but we actually played decent football and took the game to them. He said he Wolves not equalised and lost 3-2, he still would have gone home happy because he'd been entertained more by that game than he had done with games they'd scraped a win by.

All in all, here is hoping for a City win so that us and Wolves can go up together and we can start to break away from Derby and Cardiff. We need the points more than Wolves do. 

6 minutes ago, The Batman said:

well folks, chatting to the Wolves fans i know in the build up to this game. The best they are hoping for is a draw.

Why you ask? they are miles ahead at the top of the table.....

Chatting to my in laws' who are season ticket holders and to the Wolves fan i know in and out of work, the last few games, they have not played that well (despite not losing) - maybe the December schedule has taken it out of them. They have not lost since QPR away in October. They hammered Bolton 5-1 and Leeds 4-1 in November - since then, they have grounded out their results.

1-0 win vs Birmingham

0-0 - Sunderland

1-0 win vs Sheffield Wednesday

1-0 win vs Ipswich

2-2 - Milwall.

I'd love to pick up 11 points from a possible 15 without playing well, especially when they've already got a huge lead to begin with. They may well have won, but from what the fans have told me, the opposition were terrible and Wolves should have won those games by more but lacked quality in the final third. The Sunderland game was merely attack vs defence (similar to that of Liverpool vs Chelsea a few years ago #slipgate). It could just be that they are saving themselves for this game, i dont know.

At our away game at Molineux, my wife's uncle said to me the day after that he loved the way we played football as many teams who go to Wolves merely sit back, but we actually played decent football and took the game to them. He said he Wolves not equalised and lost 3-2, he still would have gone home happy because he'd been entertained more by that game than he had done with games they'd scraped a win by.

All in all, here is hoping for a City win so that us and Wolves can go up together and we can start to break away from Derby and Cardiff. We need the points more than Wolves do. 

I think a point would probably be satisfactory for both sides. In fact I think I'd be tempted to take it if offered, given our exhausting run of games recently.

15 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

Bristol city away always used to be a good hunting ground not least a good opportunity to boost the goal difference, those were the days my friends...

The owner Stephen Lansdown has transformed Ashton Gate into a very good stadium, has a few quid and will no doubt back them if they go up. LJ the manager has done a fantastic job and got them playing very good football. It's my opinion they could become an established premier league team and would have a much larger fan base if they were a one team city, albeit the only claim to fame the Blue 1/4 can hold is having the worst football song in all divisions in the form of "Good night Irene" it is truly pants, inclusive of skids marks, the likes of which can be seen on the starting grid at Brands Hatch.

Anyway, reckon it will be a 4 goal thriller resulting in a point a piece.

Made me laugh. Taken from the Wolves forum 

We shall be 'Malkied tomorrow good and proper- and likely Monday too-how we 'deal with that shall be enlightening.

10 minutes ago, WhistleHappy said:

Let's get back on it chaps....

enhanced-buzz-18188-1377015270-10.jpg

3 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Getting excited for this one already - actually more than I was for the Manchester game. Gonna be huge.

It's easy to get excited about a Topic bar - that subtle blend of nuts, nougat, caramel and chocolate.

Unfortunately they are not huge these days as they are much smaller than they used to be, as are most chocolate bars these days - don;t get me started on Picnic's and Wagon Wheels!

On 28/12/2017 at 11:13, Port Said Red said:

I'll bet some of the locals wish they had offered us more support to move to Ashton Vale, it's unlikely to get any easier on a weekend any time soon, especially if Bristol get to the Prem again, and the Basketball start to fly (pun intended). 

crying with laughter   :grr:

1 minute ago, downendcity said:

It's easy to get excited about a Topic bar - that subtle blend of nuts, nougat, caramel and chocolate.

Unfortunately they are not huge these days as they are much smaller than they used to be, as are most chocolate bars these days - don;t get me started on Picnic's and Wagon Wheels!

The only times I’ve ever had a Wagon Wheel were after a few herbal cigarettes and had headed to the local Total petrol station for a snack and a copy of Razzle.

They were either very big, or I was just looking at them too closely, that’s the Wagon Wheels btw..

Archived