IGNORED

LJs Fault

Langford Red

Can I have a pop at Wolves? Why did it it take till the second half to show why they are where they are? First half petulant, entitled, obviously expecting every decision to go in their favour. The number of times there were 7 or 8 of their players around the referee? To be fair to the referee he stopped giving them free kicks for backing into a city player and then falling over!  What was that in the second half when Flint appeared to be sandwiched in their penalty area and they got a free-kick? 

As you can tell I know ****all about football but how many of us do?;)

1 minute ago, Loco Rojo said:

Mags was at fault for their first goal by not picking up their runner. Fielding shouldnt have done what he did but he had to as it was a clear goal if he didnt. Mags gave their right side so much space at times and they exploited it in the second. 

Oh well I'm to the next. Feel robbed though gutted.

Yea but is there space for that to be played if Baker is slid over a bit with Flint next to him? The team needs to take the blame but there were a few glaring mistakes that showed our youth and naivity tonight. Hopefully they learn from it and push on instead of getting down on themselves. Just think out XI tonight was 40% backup players. Missing COD and Diedhiou massively now. Just need to keep taking this a game at a time and we will be fine. 

9 minutes ago, winterbournered said:

Can't help but agree, thought it was a bit naive from Johnson 1 up against 10 men. Really is no need for Flint to be up there. Maggers gets caught out of position could've been a CB covering round? Let's not excuse Frankie though for his rush of blood, 1-1, 11 v 10 would still of fancied us. No idea what Pack was doing, daft! 

Fielding did not need to come out. Let them score and even then we have 11 v 10. He could now have lost his place as number one. 

24 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Johnson out.

Mistakes were made by us today and it is frustrating to lose but I’ll sleep soundly knowing we scored a goal tonight, the quality of which your rag assed collection won’t manage in the next ten seasons!!!

On a serious note we are being a bit spoiled taking football like that for granted and need to avoid the complete meltdown should Monday not go to plan!! This is light years ahead of last season and many before it; win, lose or draw.

6 minutes ago, Loco Rojo said:

Mags was at fault for their first goal by not picking up their runner. Fielding shouldnt have done what he did but he had to as it was a clear goal if he didnt. Mags gave their right side so much space at times and they exploited it in the second. 

Oh well I'm to the next. Feel robbed though gutted.

In fairness to Mags, the bloke is 3 yards behind the line of him and Baker.  Unfortunately Wright was 5 yards behind them, leaving Him onside.  

4 minutes ago, cityexile said:

It’s all ifs and buts. If Flint had been pulled back, if Mags had done his job, if Wright had stepped up and held the line, if Fielding had just taken the chance of a one to one instead of what he did.

One of those, just need to learn from it and move on.

Exactly, shit happens.  It cost us.

Its a bit harsh on LJ to say he got it wrong at 1-0, but we were so in control, and I think if we’d have played like the first half where we couldn’t break them down, I think they’d have had a go at some point and created 1 or 2 chances on the break.  Think LJ thought a second goal would make it safe.

I said at half-time, I’d take a 93rd minute winner from Korey, by being patient.  Perhaps we scored too early, And faves NES chance to change something which ultimately worked.

We gave away 2 soft goals.

Of course expectations have been raised, but let’s take one game out of proportion against the league’s stellar side. 

3 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Yea but is there space for that to be played if Baker is slid over a bit with Flint next to him? The team needs to take the blame but there were a few glaring mistakes that showed our youth and naivity tonight. Hopefully they learn from it and push on instead of getting down on themselves. Just think out XI tonight was 40% backup players. Missing COD and Diedhiou massively now. Just need to keep taking this a game at a time and we will be fine. 

It happened so quickly but Mags absolutely should have done better and he was caught out on more than one occasion tonight (not suggesting he's a bad player at all) but i do feel nervous with him at left back at the moment. Agree though, with the players we have out at the moment there is lots to be positive about the way this team is playing, with the squad that's available and where we've ended 2017.  I think that's why tonights result feels like we were robbed.  Wolves didn't deserve that at all.

Anyway, on to the next and pleased where we are in the table considering the players issues we have at the moment (injuries etc). Glad Jan 2nd is around the corner and hopefully a few reinforcements are on the way to give those playing with knocks a chance to rest.

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Steele needs to sort out his walls at free kicks - leaving gaps and deflection off man other side of the gap cost us twice now

Good observation BoB, my defence of him will be those were free-kicks against rather tidy set-piece takers.

27 minutes ago, Wanderingred said:

We are going to lose games sometimes. Get over it and stop being such a self entitled bunch of fairies.

There's ways of losing like being completely crap or just beaten by a better side tho,to implode like we did is not being self entitled fairies but maybe we can't criticise people because we are doing well.

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Good observation BoB, my defence of him will be those were free-kicks against rather tidy set-piece takers.

He seems to have a wall and then want a man covering his side but wide of the wall - the United goal and today were so similar

on another note Dave - Why oh why did we let Neves sit in the middle of the pitch and run the show - Patts should have been told to sit on him when they had the ball - and we should definitely gone man to man on him when we had the man advantage IMHO

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

In fairness to Mags, the bloke is 3 yards behind the line of him and Baker.  Unfortunately Wright was 5 yards behind them, leaving Him onside.  

Exactly, shit happens.  It cost us.

Its a bit harsh on LJ to say he got it wrong at 1-0, but we were so in control, and I think if we’d have played like the first half where we couldn’t break them down, I think they’d have had a go at some point and created 1 or 2 chances on the break.  Think LJ thought a second goal would make it safe.

I said at half-time, I’d take a 93rd minute winner from Korey, by being patient.  Perhaps we scored too early, And faves NES chance to change something which ultimately worked.

We gave away 2 soft goals.

Of course expectations have been raised, but let’s take one game out of proportion against the league’s stellar side. 

But if Mags was closer to his man, he may have been able to react more quickly, intercept the pass or even have removed that runner as an option for the player who passed him the ball.  From where i was sat their right side was given so much space and presenting so many options to exploit the right flank at times.

46 minutes ago, Bicester Red said:

Yes Pack scored own goal then gave ball away

Should have been in row Z

But at 1 - 0 He should have reverted Flint back and killed game, Fielding would not have been put in that position

But LJ knows better best, even though I said this at 1 - 0!

Definite pen hand ball to us 

Where have you been? 

3 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

He seems to have a wall and then want a man covering his side but wide of the wall - the United goal and today were so similar

on another note Dave - Why oh why did we let Neves sit in the middle of the pitch and run the show - Patts should have been told to sit on him when they had the ball - and we should definitely gone man to man on him when we had the man advantage IMHO

I don’t think he did.  Thought he was quiet for the outstanding talent he is (Neves i’m On about)

2 minutes ago, Loco Rojo said:

But if Mags was closer to his man, he may have been able to react more quickly, intercept the pass or even have removed that runner as an option for the player who passed him the ball.  From where i was sat their right side was given so much space and presenting so many options to exploit the right flank at times.

I probably had the advantage of watching on the telly for once.  Baker;s called the line, Mags has done as he was told, but Wright didn’t.  Not blaming Wright, but don;t think Mags is the problem.  Goals happen for reasons other than the person who maybe should be marking the scorer, or Doherty who got fouled in this case.

25 minutes ago, Cheesleysmate said:

Yes he did. Watch it back on the tv. The player had beaten Magnússon to the ball and Fielding realised he wasn't going to be able to stop running and instead of being able to clear it he realised he was about to be beaten and the player was going to go round him and stick it in the empty net. You could see it on Fielding's face that he had taken one for the team when he came off. Unfortunately they scored from the resulting free kick anyway.

I'm loathe to put too much blame on Fielding for the sending off. It was just a calamity all round, but I'd have probably taken it in the circumstances. I think if they had 11 men on the pitch at the time I'd have had a different view. As it was this was the game our luck ran out. Oh well, never mind. Villa Monday.

12 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Sorry but just plain wrong. The better option would have been to concede and have 11 v 10. 

Of course he had a choice. He chose wrong. 

Show me a keeper that will let a man walk round them and score. You won't find many. Hindsight is a wonderful thing. They might not have scored from the resulting free kick, we may have gone on to win 1 - 0. He ran out to clear it but the extra touch from their player did him.

7 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I probably had the advantage of watching on the telly for once.  Baker;s called the line, Mags has done as he was told, but Wright didn’t.  Not blaming Wright, but don;t think Mags is the problem.  Goals happen for reasons other than the person who maybe should be marking the scorer, or Doherty who got fouled in this case.

I didn't spot Baker calling the line so appreciate that could have contributed to Mags not being in the right place to pick up the runner. Shame really because had he not given so much space, it would have made it a lot harder for their first. It was one of those elevated moments where you could see the runner going for it creating an obvious outlet for their player and no-one picking him up.

1 minute ago, Cheesleysmate said:

Show me a keeper that will let a man walk round them and score. You won't find many. Hindsight is a wonderful thing. They might not have scored from the resulting free kick, we may have gone on to win 1 - 0. He ran out to clear it but the extra touch from their player did him.

The point is he didn't need to run out of his box like a mad man. Reminded me of his home debut v Bradford under SOD. Wells goal. Steele needs to take his chance now. 

Christ! I thought the negative posts were meant to be left for me to post?

A lot of things went wrong tonight. Yes Flint should have been moved back to centre half and Frankie and Marlon both made mistakes that have cost us the game...but lets give the lads a break. These guys are playing in a fast paced environment where they have to make split second decisions...they arnt always going to make the right ones!

Sadly it cost us tonight...but we got another huge game in two days! Im sure lessons have been learnt so lets put tonight to bed and move on

Credit to Wolves. I thought 11 v 11 and 10 v 10 they were excellent 

4 minutes ago, Loco Rojo said:

I didn't spot Baker calling the line so appreciate that could have contributed to Mags not being in the right place to pick up the runner. Shame really because had he not given so much space, it would have made it a lot harder for their first. It was one of those elevated moments where you could see the runner going for it creating an obvious outlet for their player and no-one picking him up.

Yeah, a huge shame.  Doherty was miles offside had Wright stepped up.  Frustrating chain of events.

18 minutes ago, Cheesleysmate said:

A well known rule of thumb: If youre the keeper and you go for it, you have to win it or you've ballsed up. The guy could've shot wide, anything.

1 hour ago, Bicester Red said:

Yes Pack scored own goal then gave ball away

Should have been in row Z

But at 1 - 0 He should have reverted Flint back and killed game, Fielding would not have been put in that position

But LJ knows better best, even though I said this at 1 - 0!

Definite pen hand ball to us 

I agree with this, we were 1 nil up and a man up should of put Flint back in defence and control the game. Wolves would of had to come at us and we could of caught them on the break.

Archived