IGNORED

New Training Ground

JasonM88

6 hours ago, Offside said:

That comment about bad language is absolutely pathetic. These people obviously don’t know how riculous they sound.

Just laying it on thick for as much sympathy as possible. Its something to deal with but not too difficult.

8 hours ago, MC26 said:

There are quite a few mentions of bad handling but the objection below stood out most. It also includes a line about BCFC players language:   

'The last time we were involved with Bristol City Football Club we had to amend our 13th Hole at a cost and considerable disruption to our club and members. On this occasion Bristol City Football Club have been in discussion with our Chairman and Committee and listened to our comments but completely ignored them in their Planning Application.
We discussed with Bristol City FC the provision of a "Buffer zone" between their pitches and our 12th hole but they have included one on OUR land. This will mean us having to alter our 12th hole again at whose cost? and considerable disruption again to the club and membership.
Bristol City Football players are noisy and use a considerable number of expletives. We currently experience this when we stand on our 14th Tee.
I have also noted that BCFC intend raising the levels of the adjacent field which will alter the water table on the golf course unless adequate drainage facilities are provided.'

Reminds me of a Golf Club in the Bristol area that I used to be a member at.

The Club house veranda overlooked the 18th hole that was in a valley. Anyone speaking on that hole, could be heard on the Veranda.

Often fruity language could be heard from those making poor shots into the green.

This led to the lady members making an official complaint to the committee.

The outcome...lady members were banned from the Veranda... :clapping::laughcont:

7 hours ago, Offside said:

That comment about bad language is absolutely pathetic. These people obviously don’t know how riculous they sound.

They're just a bunch of effin yankas, that should **** off into the clubhouse, with the rest of the Kuntz that object. They've got a firkin nerve the spawny bar stewards, for saying people associated with football use bad language, Kuntz I tell eee. 

We can say Nimby crap but there must be some reservations that are valid for to the golfers. 

I would agree that the amount of unnecessary use of "footballers language" may be very upsetting to others. Footballers would not use such language at home with wives/girl friends and especially their children so why is it necessary on the training ground. 

The claims about being hit by a football are almost irrelevant as one assumes a netting barrier will be installed. 

The drainage installed under the pitches will be tons better than an ordinary field so no flooding will be caused by the football pitches to the golf course. 

Have the club just ploughed ahead with the planning application or did they try to sell it to the golf club and it's members before planning application? 

32 minutes ago, spudski said:

Reminds me of a Golf Club in the Bristol area that I used to be a member at.

The Club house veranda overlooked the 18th hole that was in a valley. Anyone speaking on that hole, could be heard on the Veranda.

Often fruity language could be heard from those making poor shots into the green.

This led to the lady members making an official complaint to the committee.

The outcome...lady members were banned from the Veranda... :clapping::laughcont:

As I can never disagree with you on football matters should that not be "onto the green" :-)

8 hours ago, Tomarse said:

What a load NIMBY crap.  The observatory is far, far away from the new development.  Did they complain when BGS recently put up a new floodlit 4G pitch opposite? Did they ****

Capture.PNG

To be fair, they dont play golf in the dark when the lights would be on!

2 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Oh the stories I could tell about golf clubs.

But I would be seriously worried about waking up to a burning cross on my lawn and men riding around on horseback a whooping and hollering and wearing white clothing.

Even in France.

Didn't realise the Bristol Rovers Supporters Club would have issues with you talking about golf clubs!

20 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Didn't realise the Bristol Rovers Supporters Club would have issues with you talking about golf clubs!

If they did, you just know it would end up like this :laughcont: Note...do not watch if easily offended by the N word...it's from the film Django.

The golf club certainly seem organised in their objections...

This objection caught my attention: "One road, which at times can be very busy already, and this proposal for a 500 seater stadium seems extreme indeed. Could the present road cope with that increase in traffic? I think not." Stadium? Definitely not overdoing it there.

11 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

The golf club certainly seem organised in their objections...

This objection caught my attention: "One road, which at times can be very busy already, and this proposal for a 500 seater stadium seems extreme indeed. Could the present road cope with that increase in traffic? I think not." Stadium? Definitely not overdoing it there.

The road is obviously busy with dog walkers.

I went past this week and noticed the driving range had floodlights on!!! 

Objections are irrelevant in a sense. Unless there is some sort of proper legally blind reason why they can’t give planning permission they are somewhat futile.  

18 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

I went past this week and noticed the driving range had floodlights on!!! 

Objections are irrelevant in a sense. Unless there is some sort of proper legally blind reason why they can’t give planning permission they are somewhat futile.  

I think they had a bit of a hu-ha when the floodlit driving range was being suggested.

They don’t like change.

1 minute ago, cidered abroad said:

So the Planning Officers, the professional civil servants, recommend approval. 

Doesn't mean the elected council will do the same. We know how much damage they can do because they look at it emotionally rather than professionally and practically. 

Real question, how many of them play golf?

On 03/08/2018 at 21:29, hodge said:

Real question, how many of them play golf?

No. They depend on the votes of golfers to get re-elected! 

And if it's like most golf clubs, if you don't have a personalised number plate or one issued since 2017, you are one of the cleaners or groundstaff! 

Did I honestly read that some of the Golf Club members objected to the floodlights.

You play in the dark do you?  F**king Nimbys. Didn't complain about BGS new floodlit astro pitch opposite did you?  

1 hour ago, Tomarse said:

Did I honestly read that some of the Golf Club members objected to the floodlights.

You play in the dark do you?  ******* Nimbys. Didn't complain about BGS new floodlit astro pitch opposite did you?  

Given how hard it is to build anything in this city I'm surprised there hasn't been a rise in YIMBY groups looking for influence in the council.

Hell, given how the mayor seems to have done **** all for the past few years, I reckon that someone that campaigns on the sole basis of fast-tracking new development in the city (new arena, new training ground, new stadium for UWE and the gas) would probably storm to victory.

Archived