IGNORED

New Training Ground

JasonM88

3 minutes ago, RedRaw said:

I don't believe a committee can "appeal" its own decision......only the club could appeal if the decision went against it. The only possible recourse I would imagine is a judicial review but that would only be in the case of correct processes not being applied which I very much doubt in this case.

I would imagine the club will let the dust settle for a few months and then look to proceed ASAP 

Well everyone thought the stadium was as good as guaranteed. Don't think I'll believe it until work has started.

13 minutes ago, redcityman said:

Great news.

Unlucky saggies, looks like we'll have a training ground more suitable for hosting football than the tip you call the mem.

I was thinking exactly the same thing. Our new training pitch and surrounding facilities will trump their entire (for want of a better phrase) stadium.

3 hours ago, RedRaw said:

I don't believe a committee can "appeal" its own decision......only the club could appeal if the decision went against it. The only possible recourse I would imagine is a judicial review but that would only be in the case of correct processes not being applied which I very much doubt in this case.

I would imagine the club will let the dust settle for a few months and then look to proceed ASAP 

I think they’ll get on with it immediately. They’ve already been held up by the slow planning process and they have time to make up. 

Unsure if this has been mentioned or suggested already but I take it this will not put our Academy into Category 1 status? If not ( I’m being greedy now) wouldn’t it of been better just to go all out for Cat1 ready than presumably adding to the training ground at a later date?

8 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

What’s the point if a cat 1 will just come in and take the cream for peanuts

I honestly thought the upgraded academy was done to prevent this. Over the last few years I've noticed (although I don't keep a close eye on the youth teams) several young players leave.  Everything is biased towards Cat 1, not sure what extra would be needed to get to that level once the building work is done.

3 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Well it seems we manage to keep hold of our youth now. Doesn't category 1 cost millions? Just saying it sounds like they're happy being category 2 going back to interviews with Ashton and Johnson on the subject. 

We don’t we’ve lost players to Liverpool and Chelsea in recent seasons,

whats left are the players the big boys don’t want, the one thing going in our favour is the link between the youth side and first team,

it still doesn’t stop cat 1 clubs cherry picking our best talent at 30k a pop and us being able to do nothing about it,

this new training ground will be for us to get and maintain a cat 1 academy to stop that from happening

1 hour ago, JonDolman said:

They more or less said they are not interested in category 1. We were a very different club when Herbie Kane and Jacob Maddox left. I'm sure Lloyd and others must have attracted interest from category 1 clubs. Johnson said we can now keep hold of players as they want to be here as there is a pathway. Im not sure if we will have an indoor pitch, as that is required to be category 1. 

I think you are right...a pathway to the first team is far better than spending silly on trying to get a Cat 1 status, just for the sake of it.

You've only got to look at the teams with Cat 1 Status and their productivity...and compare how many players they have developed that play regularly for their first team. It's very few.

Plus some of these bigger teams are paying silly money to their 17 and 18 year olds, which we imo, wouldn't.

Some teams like Liverpool have put a £40,000 a year cap on their Academy players...but others haven't. As an example Sterling negotiated a £30 K a week contract at 17yo....madness.

At 17...these prospects get Agents and they are constantly negotiating and renegotiating deals.

I'm impressed with the way we are going about player development.

Not many teams show a pathway and give players a chance like we do.

Archived