IGNORED

Riot Police Deployment

Harry

1 minute ago, East End Old Boy said:

@JulieH The searches were thorough and I had a dog giving me a good sniff!

Interested to know if the dog, or possibly dogs, was/were trained to locate drugs or explosives, which I guess would include flares? I hasten to add that I’m law abiding and had neither!

I didn’t speak to the company handling the dogs in Manchester but have previously spoken to the company handling the dogs in Fulham. They tell me theirs were trained to detect drugs and explosives and smoke grenades , from what I saw when city won 4-0 I am not sure the dogs noses were quite working for the smoke grenades!

there were 3 fans found in possession of cannabis though! 

9 minutes ago, JulieH said:

I didn’t speak to the company handling the dogs in Manchester but have previously spoken to the company handling the dogs in Fulham. They tell me theirs were trained to detect drugs and explosives and smoke grenades , from what I saw when city won 4-0 I am not sure the dogs noses were quite working for the smoke grenades!

there were 3 fans found in possession of cannabis though! 

Perhaps the dog/s had a cold that day, cus I can smell bugger all at the moment! :P

24 minutes ago, Snufflelufagus said:

In regards to the filming. Am I correct in thinking that if you believe you have been filmed, that you have every right to request a copy of that recording? Civil rights.

Would imagine you have the right to request it under the data protection act. Although perhaps that’s another law that doesn’t apply to “The Law”?

24 minutes ago, Snufflelufagus said:

In regards to the filming. Am I correct in thinking that if you believe you have been filmed, that you have every right to request a copy of that recording? Civil rights.

Yes you can

you can request , normally via e mail to the foi e mail on our website, please provide a description of clothing etc , location and approx time and we can search to see if you are on it. 

The footage from the game remains in my possession only locked away once viewed by myself and destroyed if no evidence is contained on it as per normal guidelines . 

7 hours ago, JulieH said:

Yes you can

you can request , normally via e mail to the foi e mail on our website, please provide a description of clothing etc , location and approx time and we can search to see if you are on it. 

The footage from the game remains in my possession only locked away once viewed by myself and destroyed if no evidence is contained on it as per normal guidelines . 

OK.  I was wearing red, waving a flag, in S82 between the hours of 7.45-9.30.

Sorry couldn't resist :clapping:

• Admin
12 hours ago, Snufflelufagus said:

You are able to write to the local police or the club and legally they have to declare all information that is held on you

14 hours ago, Harry said:

I haven’t stated any ‘facts’ about how to correctly police a match. What I have done is express my opinion which is that a line of police will not stop an impromptu smoke grenade. If a lad has one, and we scored and he got excited, he’d most likely let it off, whether there were a squadron of riot bill standing in front of the stand or not. 

It’s just an opinion, albeit an educated one as I do think I am someone rather qualified to understand fan culture and mentality. I’ve not stated my opinion as fact though, not sure why you took it that way? Pre-conceptions maybe? 

The pitch invasion v Man Utd had fans coming on from all 4 stands. Don’t pretend it was just one small group of people who started it. It was a moment of unbridled joy from all fans in all stands, some of whom took to the pitch in delight. I didn’t by the way. But don’t pretend it was only S82 who thought it was a good idea - it was spontaneous and simultaneous from all 4 stands. No reason for the police to single out one small corner. 

I am sorry to hear about the incident and agree that anyone showing total disrespect for others (disabled or not) is selfish. 

You made fair points up until your last paragraph where you have over exaggerated and thus give credence to the ridiculous police tactics. 

The fans in the area have not spent “half the season” letting off flairs and injuring people. The injury to your partner was a one-off (I know of no other injuries this season) and the flare incidents, I believe, were twice or perhaps three times. That’s not “half the season” of delinquent behaviour by everyone in the area, thus warranting over the top and intimidatory policing. Whilst the injury to your partner was wrong, it doesn’t make anything right by intimidating a whole group of people who are not responsible for that. 

Seems the only tool the police have is a hammer, so they have to make every problem look like a nail. 

Some in other areas of the ground also don’t help themselves. Look back over many years. Problems within the stadium are not unique to this group. There have been many incidents in all stands at various times. Well done for categorising 1200 people as idiots. 

No one was asking them to go wading in. The question was, if they weren’t going to respond to an incident occurring, then what exactly was their purpose. It certainly seems it wasn’t to react to trouble, more to prevent a highly unlikely pitch invasion from minute 1 to minute 95, in an unfriendly and intimidatory manner. 

If you present your argument like a fact (telling someone how to do their job will generally do that) then you can't be shocked when people take it like that Harry.

As for the four stands - I was in the Lansdown Upper v Man U and the vast majority of people coming on, certainly at the outset, were in S82. By the time everyone was on, not. How many people took inspiration from the flood from the corner though? And then there was the congregation around there for a while after.

It wasn't my partner who got injured but whether it was a one-off or not misses the point that it could have been a lot worse, so if the club/police did something to mitigate that happening again then good for them. Certainly having a presence there would be a good idea in my mind, but if it was felt to be too OTT and intimidating then that's something that obviously should be looked at.

It is slightly ironic to me that many of the people being intimidated by a police presence are the same contingent of fans who have repeatedly defended the idea that some of what they do (not all before you come for me) can intimidate other fans.

14 hours ago, Harry said:

The pitch invasion v Man Utd had fans coming on from all 4 stands. Don’t pretend it was just one small group of people who started it. It was a moment of unbridled joy from all fans in all stands, some of whom took to the pitch in delight. I didn’t by the way. But don’t pretend it was only S82 who thought it was a good idea - it was spontaneous and simultaneous from all 4 stands. No reason for the police to single out one small corner. 

Rubbish, the pitch invasion started in that corner. it wasn't all four stands spontaneously invading the pitch at the same time. Not saying that the other stands wouldn't have invaded but it was definitely that corner first.

This isn't about police per'se so feel free to move it to another thread if it's too far off the topic etc.

I don't know about police, but if we go up to the PL...the number of stewards will be like the games v both the Manchesters. Not every game but a lot more so. That will become the new normal or at least close to those numbers for most games I feel.

One thing that did surprise me at the Boxing Day game v Reading was how many police were around in the GS Park area including mounted officers - there must have been 20 or 30.

This for a game against a club with probably the most innocuous and inoffensive set of supporters in the Championship where the possibility of trouble was about as low as it gets.

It was a Bank Holiday though.............:whistle:

Archived