IGNORED

Riot Police Deployment

Harry

2 minutes ago, JulieH said:

We police in partnership with the club, these areas were identified and therefore that is why we were there.

i Will speak to the slo and ask if he can speak to the disabled section for feedback, I was there for a short time and everything seemed good natured but am open to feedback as always, and if fans wish to do this through the slo then hopefully that will happen 

Blimey, what a cop out reply....see what I did there..?? :clapping::laughcont:

I know it's going to be unpopular and I acknowledge totally proportionality etc, but I do feel slight unease at questioning why a part of the stadium was targeted for policing when 3 were arrested over what seems to be a pathetic little spat. Devils advocate you could say it's a volatile area if 3 people risk a banning order over the appropriateness of clapping Aguero. Said as a season ticket holder in that area. 

No excuse for blocking views of course. 

Complete overkill, on what was a great night for the club but this new “prawn sandwich” approach (pretty flags etc) takes some getting used to some of us. But good to see lots of young uns down AG I suppose?

The robocops also created an intimidating atmosphere outside the away end post match - as well as in S82.

17 minutes ago, JulieH said:

We police in partnership with the club, these areas were identified and therefore that is why we were there.

i Will speak to the slo and ask if he can speak to the disabled section for feedback, I was there for a short time and everything seemed good natured but am open to feedback as always, and if fans wish to do this through the slo then hopefully that will happen 

Again, I appreciate your quick response, but you are not answering my question. 

I am aware that the area was “identified”. That’s quite clear for all to see. 

I want an answer to the question “why was it identified?” 

So please tell us is this storr bloke part of this ridiculous decision to over kill on police in the home end? I'm finding a lot of strange decisions this season..To do this in the home end is unbelievable,We have a fantastic ground but decisions like this and lighting has to be worst its been. Why?

24 minutes ago, JulieH said:

That's a seriously weak attempt at answering a very reasonable series of questions. Anyway more importantly, remind me , what's Harry's rights if someone parks across his drive?

11 minutes ago, Harry said:

It would be fair to say that bcfc have been warned and fined already this season for smoke grenades from home fans and items thrown onto the pitch.

This is no hiding the fact these have come mainly from one area of the ground.

therefore after a number of smoke grenades were set off against Man United  live on Sky , with yet another referees report submitted there was very much an effort to try and stop this happening again.

did it work ? I don’t know, no smoke grenades from home areas but with this amount of negative feedback we will look again at the next policed game and discuss with the slo/ safety officer fans concerns. 

4 minutes ago, JulieH said:

It would be fair to say that bcfc have been warned and fined already this season for smoke grenades from home fans and items thrown onto the pitch.

therefore after a number of smoke grenades were set off against Man United  live on Sky , with yet another referees report submitted there was very much an effort to try and stop this happening again.

did it work ? I don’t know, no smoke grenades from home areas but with this amount of negative feedback we will look again at the next policed game and discuss with the slo/ safety officer fans concerns. 

Ironic really.....the only one last night came from the Man C fans :facepalm:

1 minute ago, KevP said:

Ironic really.....the only one last night came from the Man C fans :facepalm:

Yes I know!

very frustrating especially when it hits the playing surface. No doubt another referees report .

Fingers crossed not but I suspect he would have seen it !!!! 

On a general note I did for a time fear the club could be heading for the high jump:

Flare/smoke grenade v Barnsley.

Similar at Birmingham AND Brentford.

Fairly sure one v Boro.

As well as the quarterfinal Manchester.

Plus the pitch invasion v Man U.

Trust me, regardless of what WE may think...cumulatively the EFL, FA- let alone the SAG or police.... Would take a very dim view of that list in about half a season

12 minutes ago, JulieH said:

Guess which part of the ground DID see a smoke bomb thrown onto the pitch.

7 minutes ago, JulieH said:

Ironic then that smoke grenades landed on the pitch from the away fans. Maybe had the same policy been adopted at their end you could’ve prevented another report to the FA? 

It is a naive policy to think that a line of police will stop an inpromptu smoke grenade. What will stop smoke grenades is preventing them getting in. 

A better way still of policing smoke grenades would be through the already very clear and comprehensive CCTV. It doesn’t require an intimidating staring gala, eyeing up 1200 people when a tiny minority have indulged themselves in pyro a couple of times this season. 

Also, you say that items have been thrown on the pitch (I can’t recall anything), mainly from one area. So, using the word “mainly” implies that items have found their way into the pitch from other areas than S82. If so, why were similar enforcements not deployed directly infront of those areas? 

39 minutes ago, Harry said:

Come on Harry, really? I like many others appreciate what S82 members are trying to do for the atmosphere but it’s no secret that it attracts it’s share of the braindead. 

What area of the ground were home fans fighting each other last night? Hardly going to do anything for the ‘leave us alone, we’re just here to sing’ argument. 

Of course it’s the high risk area of the ground for trouble. 

7 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Come on Harry, really? I like many others appreciate what S82 members are trying to do for the atmosphere but it’s no secret that it attracts it’s share of the braindead. 

What area of the ground were home fans fighting each other last night? Hardly going to do anything for the ‘leave us alone, we’re just here to sing’ argument. 

But they clearly weren’t there to prevent trouble. It happened and they did nothing. 

Our resident copper said that items have come on the pitch mainly from this area. I don’t recall any incidents of items on the pitch but if she says so, it must have happened. But she said “mainly”, which implies there are other incidents in other areas. Where was the line of riot police for wherever those other incidents occurred. 

Yes, I do agree the area attracts the more boisterous (neé brain dead).  But let’s not pretend there aren’t morons in all stands. It appeared to me that the fight on the pitch v Man U involved a couple of fans who’d come on from both the Dolman and the Lansdown. No riot police there last night. 

There are plenty of stewards in all areas to be able to deal with the minor altercation which occurred last night. There’s no need for a line of riot police staring at our fans for 90 minutes. 

13 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

I’d add this. 

Yes, there was trouble in S82 last night. But where have we seen most trouble this season? In the other corner of the SS/Lansdown where I believe there have been at least 3 incidents that I am aware of where there has been trouble involving opposition / hospitality fans. 

Why no riot police in front of that area, given the history this season? 

Archived