IGNORED

Gustav - LJ Comments

INCRED

55 minutes ago, spudski said:

Take Moore for example...it's obvious why he's been sent to Cheltenham. He played for us on occasion and LJ alluded to him not getting 'stuck in'.

He's been sent to 'man up' against the Brutishness of League 2.

And by all accounts has been doing well in that department.

Interestingly he's been playing far better in the RB position.

Then we have Vyner, a RB,  who LJ see's as a CB in the future...playing at Plymouth as a CB.

It's all going on ;-)

It is 'all going'on" for sure and LJ is simply doing what previous managers have failed to do namely sign up young players, develop them by sending them out to 'man up'  to different clubs on loan.

Some will mature into decent players capable of playing in the Championship whilst others will mature into lower league players who can be sold on hopefully for a profit.

Its all part of a wider long term plan.............:shocking:

3 minutes ago, Robbored said:

It is 'all going'on" for sure and LJ is simply doing what previous managers have failed to do namely sign up young players, develop them by sending them out to 'man up'  to different clubs on loan.

Some will mature into decent players capable of playing in the Championship whilst others will mature into lower league players who can be sold on hopefully for a profit.

Its all part of a wider long term plan.............:shocking:

My goodness Robbored, I had never realised - what a revelation! :whistle:

12 hours ago, cityal said:

Not sure what Engvall has done wrong to deserve that punishment! Surely the club have disciplinary measures far short of something this extreme

Its the footballing equivalent of solitary confinement -"That's it boy - three months!! IN THE HOLE!!!!" 

I watched the Shawshank Redemption again last night , funny you should talk about the ' hole '.

20 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

I watched the Shawshank Redemption again last night , funny you should talk about the ' hole '.

Never understood the adulation for that film.  Always struck me as sentimental pap in an otherwise average mainstream movie.  Give me Escape from Alcatraz for a prison film anyday.

1 hour ago, spudski said:

It'll be interesting to see whether he does ever go on loan.

And I agree with what's been said about it being 'in his head'.

Everything that's been said by the club suggests this.

LJ has spoken about Engvalls positioning in the past, as in not getting into the right areas.

Would a loan help? Is it game time or development in other areas of his game that he needs?

Or does he need to be around the squad constantly, ingraining our way of playing and understanding how we play?

Take Moore for example...it's obvious why he's been sent to Cheltenham. He played for us on occasion and LJ alluded to him not getting 'stuck in'.

He's been sent to 'man up' against the Brutishness of League 2.

And by all accounts has been doing well in that department.

Interestingly he's been playing far better in the RB position.

Then we have Vyner, a RB,  who LJ see's as a CB in the future...playing at Plymouth as a CB.

It's all going on ;-)

In the past we were used to the club buying players who were ready to go, and fans judged ( usually pretty quickly) whether they were any good or not.

The club's current model for player recruitment makes that type of judgment very much more difficult. Based on the evidence of the last 18 months it seems likely that many of the young players we bring in may not be immediately ready for first team action, or at least will br unlikely to tie down a first team place. Last season players like O'Dowda and Brownhill were being written off by many fans as poor acquisitions, but they have flourished when given time to develop within our system.

Similarly, Bobby Reid was a nearly man until LJ switched him to a striker role, in which he has been a revelation, so  it might well be that we will see more players, such as Moore and Vyner, where they might flourish in  different positions than when they arrived.

In the past we could never contemplate paying £1m + for a player who would not become an immediate first team regular, but perhaps this is something we now need to get used to. 

9 hours ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Never understood the adulation for that film.  Always struck me as sentimental pap in an otherwise average mainstream movie.  Give me Escape from Alcatraz for a prison film anyday.

The "open" end of the book was far more satisfying than the film.

Archived