IGNORED

Promised land

BcfcDuncs

4 hours ago, Fat Cigar said:

Closer away matches. We're so bloomin' far away from most cities/towns in the Championship. 

DISAGREE: Swansea is further than Cardiff. WBA is a  little further than Brum or Villa, Chelsea is next door to Fulham. Bournemouth is the same distance as Reading, but Soton is two miles closer. Huddersfield is much the same as Leeds.

AGREE: No trips to Norwich, Ipswich, Middlesbrough, Sunderland and (the way they're playing) Newcastle.

18 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

If we made it, then the away games would be quality.  The chance to go to Stamford Bridge, Old Trafford, Emirates, and the rest would be bloody marvellous. 

Only bad thing would be having to sell the house or the children to afford season ticket and all the away games / travel ...

sell the children you will still have somewhere to live and they will only wreck it.

1 hour ago, reddogkev said:

If we made it, then the away games would be quality.  The chance to go to Stamford Bridge, Old Trafford, Emirates, and the rest would be bloody marvellous. 

Only bad thing would be having to sell the house or the children to afford season ticket and all the away games / travel ...

I thought the OP asked for one good thing and one bad thing....you’ve listed two good things. :whistle:

AG rocking week in week out & the away games

But not this

The Premier League paid £174m to agents in 2016-17, up from £130m, with Manchester City being the biggest spenders (£26.3m) ahead of Chelsea (£25.1m) and Manchester United (£19m).

So what better business to get into? Or to push your kids into?!

Looking forward to seeing us play against world class players. Last time we were up there I marvelled at the skills of Glenn Hoddle, Kenny Dalglish, Liam Brady etc....but equally loved seeing Gerry Gow tear into ‘em!

What’s putting me off? The feeling that we might get a bit too excited and act like a teenager who has finally managed to get into a cool nightclub after years of trying....if tin foil flags and gimmicks like that emerged again to signify our excitement I’d be disappointed. I don’t think we need gimmicks to create an atmosphere but I know I’m in the minority on here with that view....

Nothing excites me about watching footy in the Premiership. As a neutral...maybe, but not as a fan of a team in that league.

It's completely futile.

You only have to look at the league table now.

Only 7 teams in a positive GD....five of which are miles ahead.

Compare that with 13 in the Championship.

7th place, 13 points off 5th.

Championship 2 points.

From 7th down in the Prem...it's pretty equal. Only 12 points between relegation and 7th. However above that it's a league on it's own again.

Cup runs excite me...beating teams like we have done.

If the Club and LJ promised to play like they did in the Cup, and not park the bus, regardless of relegation...then I might change my mind.

5 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Looking forward to seeing us play against world class players. Last time we were up there I marvelled at the skills of Glenn Hoddle, Kenny Dalglish, Liam Brady etc....but equally loved seeing Gerry Gow tear into ‘em!

What’s putting me off? The feeling that we might get a bit too excited and act like a teenager who has finally managed to get into a cool nightclub after years of trying....if tin foil flags and gimmicks like that emerged again to signify our excitement I’d be disappointed. I don’t think we need gimmicks to create an atmosphere but I know I’m in the minority on here with that view....

Really don't think you are in a minority there tbh. We're not as docile and obedient as the Leicester, Huddersfield lot etc. Flags are one thing but the clappers would be on the pitch at the first opportunity.

I hated the flags, for the record.

Archived