IGNORED

Dowling and Lemonheigh-Evans

JBFC II

1 hour ago, JBFC II said:

Gone on loan to Torquay, good luck to the both of them 

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/lemonheigh-evans-and-dowling-bolster-gulls-fight/

Dowling has been there all season but had injuries and a 3 game suspension in the past. I hope he gets more game time in the next few months.

CITY’S LOAN STARS

Zak Vyner (Plymouth Argyle)
Diego De Girolamo (Chesterfield)
Taylor Moore (Cheltenham Town)
Joe Morrell (Cheltenham Town)
Jake Andrews (Cheltenham Town)
Shawn McCoulsky (Newport County)
George Dowling (Torquay United)
Connor Lemonheigh-Evans (Torquay United)
Jonny Smith (AFC Fylde)
Aaron Parsons (Weston-super-Mare)
Ashley Harper (Weston-super-Mare)
Max O'Leary (Solihull Moors)
Opi Edwards (Solihull Moors)
Antoine Semenyo (Bath City)
James Morton (Bath City)
Kel Akpobire (Guernsey FC)
Cameron Pring (Hereford FC)
Denis Begovic (Farnborough FC)
Lochlan Robertson (Cribbs FC)
Josh Mortimore (Cribbs FC)

2 minutes ago, Super said:

CITY’S LOAN STARS

Jonny Smith (AFC Fylde)
James Morton (Bath City)

Blimey we're the Chelsea of the Championship!!

Good luck to them all

12 minutes ago, Super said:

CITY’S LOAN STARS

Jonny Smith (AFC Fylde)
James Morton (Bath City)

When did Begovic go out?

Never even heard of Lochlan Robertson either!

5 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I think several of the names going to places like Cribbs are U18's.

Good side Cribbs, not to be sniffed at.

I know I'm sad, boring, and depressing, but this just gives me more of an inkling to go and see the sort of sides these lads are playing for. Be great to see Cheltenham and Newport in particular.

11 minutes ago, westred1 said:

Gonna have his work cut out as they have seven loans (including him, Morrell and Moore). All the best to him though; cracking talent.

To go from Guernsey to League 2 within a season suggests he has progressed well.

5 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

Josh Gowling is more tha capable of the football League. Odd one Torquay..

Josh Gowling is already their player. George Dowling is ours and has been at Torquay all season. I think the loans are chosen because of who they will work with at the club as much as anything else. Owers was a combatitive midfield player so maybe they feel Dowling will learn from him.

13 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

To go from Guernsey to League 2 within a season suggests he has progressed well.

Josh Gowling is already their player. George Dowling is ours and has been at Torquay all season. I think the loans are chosen because of who they will work with at the club as much as anything else. Owers was a combatitive midfield player so maybe they feel Dowling will learn from him.

I know who Josh Gowling is. A very good centre back. Odd they are fading with him. What happened to Pitman?

50 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Good side Cribbs, not to be sniffed at.

I know I'm sad, boring, and depressing, but this just gives me more of an inkling to go and see the sort of sides these lads are playing for. Be great to see Cheltenham and Newport in particular.

I watched Cheltenham v Newport just before the  New Year. None of our loan players looked good enough for the Championship, although only saw about 1 minute of McCoulsky so couldn't really judge him. Morrell reminded me a bit of Scott Brown, Taylor-Moore was steady.

A couple of weeks ago, people were getting excited about linking up with Man City. The most frequent comments were that MCFC may be keen on sending us players because they’re  happy with the style we play.

The striking thing about our loanee list is the number of multiple loans to the same club(s). Some of that will be geographical, but the major aspect will be that Tinnion etc will be happy their footballling education will be enhanced in the right way by going to those clubs.

In a non arrogant way, we’re a conference or below sides Man City. And this suggests that clubs like Solihull Moors have been partnered for a reason 

I have often wondered how our loanee/academy players would feel if we gained promotion.

Whilst it wouldn’t result in an immediate marching orders, the path to the first team would surely get so much harder for them! 

My father is convinced this had a detrimental effect back in 2008. I’m not sure I agree, but he thinks some of the players realised they were effectively playing to be promoted and then would subsequently be dropped to the bench. He doesn’t suggest they deliberately threw it or anything, but just that it was potentially playing on their minds. 

Could be something in it. You’d like to think our current crop all think they’d be able to maintain their places in the prem.

1 hour ago, Robin101 said:

I have often wondered how our loanee/academy players would feel if we gained promotion.

Whilst it wouldn’t result in an immediate marching orders, the path to the first team would surely get so much harder for them! 

My father is convinced this had a detrimental effect back in 2008. I’m not sure I agree, but he thinks some of the players realised they were effectively playing to be promoted and then would subsequently be dropped to the bench. He doesn’t suggest they deliberately threw it or anything, but just that it was potentially playing on their minds. 

Could be something in it. You’d like to think our current crop all think they’d be able to maintain their places in the prem.

To have a premier league promotion title on your CV though is huge - look at players like O'Neil who always have "promotion experience" as a sort of extra to show they have something beyond just being a good player. They would all also get a crack of the whip and it will be upto them to prove if they have what it takes in the top division, surely to competitive minded players like footballers that most be like candy to a baby. Worst case scenario they come down again with us or move to another Champion club as a player who was involved/experienced in Premier league promotion.

10 hours ago, Robin101 said:

If you are over 20 and not even close to the starting eleven you should make sure you get an education. High school level at the least. Definately not Bristol City education. 

1 hour ago, bristolcitysweden said:

If you are over 20 and not even close to the starting eleven you should make sure you get an education. High school level at the least. Definately not Bristol City education. 

Where was Bobby Reid at 20?

Archived