IGNORED

Casual, Toothless and Sloppy

Lew-T

That wasn’t a side destined for the top tonight. Really sloppy performance with no real cutting edge, think we tested their keeper once? With Diedhiou’s header. For the amount of possession we had, we didn’t do nearly enough to win the game.

Joe Bryan, you’ve got to do  better than that. You looked beat from the off for their goal!

Really disappointing.

• Admin
3 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

That wasn’t a side destined for the top tonight. Really sloppy performance with no real cutting edge, think we tested their keeper once? With Diedhiou’s header. For the amount of possession we had, we didn’t do nearly enough to win the game.

Joe Bryan, you’ve got to do  better than that. You looked beat from the off for their goal!

Really disappointing.

He was asleep AGAIN,  the number of times he's switched off is shocking, cost us tonight 

To be fair Bolton scored the only time they tested Steele.

Without getting sucked into a blame game - I thought Maggers had a pretty shocking turn tonight. Looked anxious and vulnerable - was it his mis-control in the box that started the break they scored from?

9 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

Really disappointing.

Bryan couldn’t do anything as he was on a yellow card. Anything missed timed he would have been off. Given they were 10 yards outside their own box at the time everyone would have said what a stupid sending off it would have been.

6 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

Without getting sucked into a blame game - I thought Maggers had a pretty shocking turn tonight. Looked anxious and vulnerable - was it his mis-control in the box that started the break they scored from?

You disagree @Davefevs?

5 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

So ‘without getting sucked into a blame game", you’re going to name one player....and you’re not even sure who mIs-controlled it, but you thought you’d ask the question, just in case it was that one player.

Looked no more anxious or vulnerable than any other player tonight.

FFS! :grr:

9 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

Not having that.. . I slated him rotten against man city but he looked ok tonight. One ball was going out for a goal kick and I thought here we go again, but he hoofed it right up in the air... well done mags ha ha. That and Kent were my in my positives from tonight!

Agree with title of thread. Was painful. As it was on TV no match report from me, make do with this:

One other comment. Hate to say this about such a close knit team but from the stands watching closely, felt like we had two different types of players, those for whom winning means everything (Korey, Brownhill, Flint literally running through walls, Reid mostly too) and those that are a bit more precious. Might just be a difference in composure but really felt like some players had to rally others. Shouldn't be happening in a game like this. As it was we created literally nothing.

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

So ‘without getting sucked into a blame game", you’re going to name one player....and you’re not even sure who mIs-controlled it, but you thought you’d ask the question, just in case it was that one player.

Looked no more anxious or vulnerable than any other player tonight.

FFS! :grr:

Yes, IMO, I thought he looked nervy tonight, immediately springing to mind two poor clearances that put us in trouble - one which Bailey had to foul to stop the attack and he had a word with Maggers.

I'm not a Maggers hater like many are, I just think he showed why LJ didn't start him tonight and if you can show me I was wrong about his touch in the box that led to the break i'm happy to apologise and you can save your head from that brick wall!

3 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

Yes, IMO, I thought he looked nervy tonight, immediately springing to mind two poor clearances that put us in trouble - one which Bailey had to foul to stop the attack and he had a word with Maggers.

I'm not a Maggers hater like many are, I just think he showed why LJ didn't start him tonight and if you can show me I was wrong about his touch in the box that led to the break i'm happy to apologise and you can save your head from that brick wall!

I think it’s more you said you’re not gonna get into a blame game and did exactly that.

Why Mags, several worse performance that a player who only played 25 minutes.  Ok, you’ve explained your reasons, but what about the countless poor clearances by other players?

Head removed - it was papier-mâché  :P

20 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

Magnússon didn't mis control  the ball was ******* behind him.

16 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I think it’s more you said you’re not gonna get into a blame game and did exactly that.

Why Mags, several worse performance that a player who only played 25 minutes.  Ok, you’ve explained your reasons, but what about the countless poor clearances by other players?

I mean't I wasn't blaming him for the goal...but as I've said on other threads - he was far from the only one as you say, plenty of poor performances by our standards all round tonight.

19 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Magnússon didn't mis control  the ball was ******* behind him.

17 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

So to sum up we were crap but it was all that Icelandic bloke's fault. FFS  

Calm down mate - no one is saying that. Certainly not me.

As i've said, plenty of our boys below their standards tonight. I guess I had a particular eye on Maggers after Man City and i've given my opinion. 

R.E the corner - as i've also said, happy to watch it again - but my initial thought was he could have done better in at the corner. More than happy to apologise if I called that wrong.

39 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Bryan couldn’t do anything as he was on a yellow card. Anything missed timed he would have been off. Given they were 10 yards outside their own box at the time everyone would have said what a stupid sending off it would have been.

Could have looked like he was trying like shit to get back like Bobby Reid did. Why do we always back off so much. Ameobi has a good left foot. The commentator said City would be aware of it. So why did these so called professionals allow him to run with the ball so far and shoot with his f ing left foot. 

4 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

Calm down mate - no one is saying that. Certainly not me.

As i've said, plenty of our boys below their standards tonight. I guess I had a particular eye on Maggers after Man City and i've given my opinion. 

R.E the corner - as i've also said, happy to watch it again - but my initial thought was he could have done better in at the corner. More than happy to apologise if I called that wrong.

No problem. I don't think he is fantastic   but hate all the scape goating of HM.

By the way, i'm calm  .. it seems to be a lot of others who aren't

teams lose   it happens

Look again, the ball falls behind him,  the goal IS NOT his fault

Look elsewhere

28 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

“Touch in the box led to the break”.  Can’t blame that for the goal. There’s the matter of the f ing rest of the pitch to stop them scoring. More blame on Smith for backing off or lazy Bryan ambling back with little intention of overworking himself. 

1 minute ago, AppyDAZE said:

No problem. I don't think he is fantastic   but hate all the scape goating of HM.

By the way, i'm calm  .. it seems to be a lot of others who aren't

teams lose   it happens

Well the ******* swearing and sweeping conclusions might say something else...

No scapegoating - just an opinion. Yes I mentioned him by name, but more to say I see why LJ might have preferred Korey at RB over him at CB, even though Korey was desperately missed in CM. 

3 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

Well the ******* swearing and sweeping conclusions might say something else...

No scapegoating - just an opinion. Yes I mentioned him by name, but more to say I see why LJ might have preferred Korey at RB over him at CB, even though Korey was desperately missed in CM. 

Alessandro, do you want a fight??  :laugh:  I agree Korey is great in mid  and has been brilliant:yes:

LJ was very forthright post match. " Credit to Bolton but I'm  disappointed with my team, they wanted it more than us. Players pulling out of tackles" 

No surprise he's pretty pissed off with his team but fair play for coming out and saying it as it was.

1 hour ago, phantom said:

He was asleep AGAIN,  the number of times he's switched off is shocking, cost us tonight 

Bryan was wrongside ... Could/should have done better

The goal scorer carried the ball sixty plus metres surrounded by a force field. No midfielder or defender attempted to deny the goalscorer space, delay his attack or dictate where he advanced. 

That is a team error that cost the game. 

Archived