IGNORED

Championship Table at Close of play today

Davefevs

7 minutes ago, Clevedon Red said:

Yep results not good but we are still in playoffs. 

For now, we are the weakest team in the top 6 at the moment (form wise) and that needs to change quickly. Funny thing is, despite the squads obvious capability, i'm not confident we'll be able to change this before its too late to catch back up again.  Really hope we get a result against Sunderland.

I blame Fevs and his spreadsheet which obviously is to blame for all this mess today

1 minute ago, Loco Rojo said:

For now, we are the weakest team in the top 6 at the moment (form wise) and that needs to change quickly. Funny thing is, despite the squads obvious capability, i'm not confident we'll be able to change this before its too late to catch back up again.  Really hope we get a result against Sunderland.

Well, Cardiff lost four on the bounce and then came up against a woeful Sunderland side to get things back on track. Let`s hope we can do the same.

1 minute ago, Red Right Hand said:

Well, Cardiff lost four on the bounce and then came up against a woeful Sunderland side to get things back on track. Let`s hope we can do the same.

Really hope we can do the same as it'll be such a shame that our season was largely impacted by the injuries and that Cup run. 

• Admin
5 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Can we please stop the whole “Cardiff will fade away” theory now?

Whilst I am not of the opinion we should sack Lee and persuade Warnock to come scurrying over the bridge to us, I fail to see why there is so much disdain for the guy on here, he is a pantomime villain, but under that, a decent bloke and not too bad a manager.....

Reality is that we aren't good enough for the Top 2 and I think everyone would take a PO place, even before last nights very poor result & performance

Results for those chasing us (except Preston) have gone our way with Boro, Leeds, and Brentford all losing - need Sheff Utd to do likewise against Wolves.

Desperately need to beat Sunderland next Sat though as we then go into a run of three very tough games.

Lets hope that last night gives the boys a "kick up the backside" that is needed in order for us to kick-on now 

1 hour ago, JoeAman08 said:

This is worse than when I said Scott Hogan wasn’t very good hours before we played Villa away. 

I remember your post well :P

17 minutes ago, Hampshire reds said:

They all added experience in Jan. We took younger players. We will see who is right. I do feel we need Gary o.neil back playing. 

Gary travelled to Bolton, he’s back in training....will be good to have around.

Think Dubai will be good - get them all together, bonding, re-setting the expectations / rules....a mini-mini per-season.

In summary today, results went against us.  If Wolves hold on, we are 3 points clear of Preston, 5 of Sheffield United, 6 Middlesbrough, etc...and on the same points as 5th in Fulham

We are having a dip, and Much as I hoped we’d continue our fantastic batch of results pre-Xmas, we had the points in the bag to not make this dip disastrous.  Imagine we’d been on the fringes of the POs and had this run....we’d be around mid-table and in no-man’s land.

Joint 5th (ignoring GD) is still a wonderful position to be in.  If we can re-kindle done form, we can kick on again.

28 minutes ago, OldlandReddies said:

think appalling is a little harsh dont you ?

4 points from 6 games, what would you call it? I’m not one of these losing my head and I recognise how well we’ve done this season, but that doesn’t change the fact we are on a pretty terrible run currently. 

Probably in no small part down to the cup games IMO.

Archived