IGNORED

Weather (Merged)

BcfcDuncs

2 hours ago, City Rocker said:

I've decided to travel to the game by bus from Bishopston. A feckin' bus mind! I haven't used one of them since probably the 1980s!

It's exciting but a little scary. Anyone got any tips? I'm thinking pull your coat up around your face and don't make eye contact with any of the passengers. Headphones a good idea? What sort of music should I be listening to?

We'd better win, I ain't looking forward to the journey home :no:

When the conductor twirls the handle of his ticket machine, don't  say "is Butler driving Blakey".

5 minutes ago, harrys said:

Why don’t these lazy gits clear their pavements?

If they do they'll be legally liable I believe. 

Better to let fellow members of the community cop an unfortunate arm break than risk clearing it. 

1 hour ago, KevP said:

yeah I think it was last season they started charging and its well over £150. Why did you stop last season then ?

think the secret had got out started to become full, so now get the bus, cant believe hardly anyone cottoned on to it used to turn up at ten to three and stroll over the bridge happy days!

36 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

If that freezes then it'll be a death trap.

The temperature is rising all the time from here on in so I doubt it. I drove from Whitchurch to Southmead and back this morning without any issues. 

13 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

If they do they'll be legally liable I believe. 

Better to let fellow members of the community cop an unfortunate arm break than risk clearing it. 

What a load of old pony, our whole street was out clearing the pavements and road this morning so it would be made easier for others

39 minutes ago, Red Grovesy said:

SPECIAL CIRCUMSTANCES

Fans are advised to allow extra time for travel to and from the stadium, and to wrap up warm with temperatures set to be just above freezing.

Under the special circumstances, Ashton Gate will be offering free tea/coffee to supporters from 1pm-3pm (whilst stocks last). Please note alcohol and food supplies will be limited in the concourse concessions.

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/gate-guide-sheffield-wednesday-with-travel-advice/

Well, given the club's recent track record, I reckon that stocks will last until 1.15, from when no-one will be able to get a hot drink, paid for or otherwise!

Hi @ChippenhamRed sorry for the delay but I was taking a connecting flight to get back to UK.

Unfortunately I don't think they will. This is based on a similar situation I was in a few years ago when I couldn't get back to Bristol from London because of snow and was told no refunds would be given on my match ticket which was part of the t&cs. I don't believe they will have changed but unable to check from my phone right now. I do know that the club charter says that supporter services will assess each refund case on its individual merits. 

From what I understand the team at Ashton Gate have done a really good job getting the pitch ready and even going out and clearing snow from the local car parks. 

I do empathise with the frustrations of all fans who can't make it in today for the match because of the snow. 

Matt

Just got to Ashton Gate, parked on the industrial estate ( easier than normal! ). A37 was fairly good, just got to be sensible & not drive like it’s a summers day! But gutted cause I’ve left the boy at home cause of obvious concerns, which in hindsight might of been a mistake. COYR 

1 hour ago, Tomarse said:

BS3 wasn’t anywhere near as bad as further out parts of BS region and that’s the point I guess.  A lot of people probably haven’t seen how bad it is further out 

No I do realise it is harder out of town etc but I was just meaning BS3 is pretty pathetic now...

1 hour ago, Portland Bill said:

TBH mate I haven’t even considered it, I don’t even know if you can get a bus from BW to Bristol. 

I live in N Petherton and can't get out.

Could catch the falcon that stops at Ashton gate on a match day but rather not risk walking to the Mway roundabout as its still slippery.

Archived