IGNORED

Weather (Merged)

BcfcDuncs

50 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

We now live in a society where 99% of people couldnt give a shit about anyone else other then themselves. Some comments ive read from some City fans on here and social media, who clearly adopt the "as long as im alright Jack" attitude...has genuinely suprised me 

Selfish pricks in other words

Couldn’t agree more with that,because some people can’t make it their selfish attitude is let’s cancel it when the majority can,it’s disgraceful 

I’m one of the stuck ones! Snowed in at Centre Parcs and only getting out later today. Loads of the local roads have been closed so no chance of getting out yesterday as planned. 

Gutted, especially now we have an actual right back playing!!

hopefully im further gutted by 5pm because ive not only missed the game, but ive missed a win and a return to top 6. ( until we fall out of it again on tuesday!). 

13 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Couldn’t agree more with that,because some people can’t make it their selfish attitude is let’s cancel it when the majority can,it’s disgraceful 

Not me. Im not fussed. Doubt I would have bothered going today anyway even if the ice and snow wasnt there

Enjoy the game. 

left Portishead 30 miinutes early got here 30 minutes early. Met a  guy with his 3 grandchildren asking the way to the ground from Cumberand Basin. He had brought them to their first game all the way from somewhere near Winchester. No issues in travelling from there.

The pavement on Ashton Road is a bit sloppy, even walking through the park was not taxing.

On 01/03/2018 at 13:12, Sweeneys Penalties said:

I remember City playing Wednesday at Ashton Gate in the 80's/early 90's, when it snowed..and snowed..and snowed.

The tannoy crackled into life at Half Time.. for two reasons. Firstly to inform everyone that the game was abandoned.

There was also a game at Hillsborough where the game was abandoned due to snow after the 2nd half had started. That game was memorable as City kicked off both halves! We kicked off as normal to start the game, then when the teams lined up for the second half, the Ref threw the ball to a City player and none of the SW players noticed!

3 hours ago, AppyDAZE said:

...and seeing as i've got a lifetime's history of getting things drastically wrong time after time (think wife ex , job, betamax videos etc etc

I'm going..  City 1-3 Wednesday

Every little helps

This system works EVERY time.

41 minutes ago, 22A said:

There was also a game at Hillsborough where the game was abandoned due to snow after the 2nd half had started. That game was memorable as City kicked off both halves! We kicked off as normal to start the game, then when the teams lined up for the second half, the Ref threw the ball to a City player and none of the SW players noticed!

Yes, I was there, a real blizzard with proper flakes. circa 72, I think .

14 hours ago, italian dave said:

Hi Matt

Whats still not safe, closer to home, though is the car park that I have paid a hefty whack to the club for a season ticket. It's bad enough the extortionate extras we've already had to pay for cup games, and now the club is not fulfilling its side of the deal by providing what I've paid for at an ordinary league game. Is the club going to reimburse my bus fare?

Still not had an answer to this Matt, @Matt Parsons BCFCSLO . And I'm even more annoyed having walked past the school this afternoon. The approach road was perfectly passable at 1.30, the driveway had the lightest sprinkling of snow, and the parking area was 70% free of snow. There was absolutely no way that the car park was unusable due to the adverse weather conditions, as the e mail that the club sent out stated.

I just don't get that the club can consider it acceptable to sell a car park season ticket, for a not inconsiderable amount of money, and then just announce with less than 24 hours notice that they are not going to honour 1/23rd of the deal, without any (true) explanation and without any suggestion that a refund or some other form of compensation might be in order.

10 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Still not had an answer to this Matt, @Matt Parsons BCFCSLO . And I'm even more annoyed having walked past the school this afternoon. The approach road was perfectly passable at 1.30, the driveway had the lightest sprinkling of snow, and the parking area was 70% free of snow. There was absolutely no way that the car park was unusable due to the adverse weather conditions, as the e mail that the club sent out stated.

I just don't get that the club can consider it acceptable to sell a car park season ticket, for a not inconsiderable amount of money, and then just announce with less than 24 hours notice that they are not going to honour 1/23rd of the deal, without any (true) explanation and without any suggestion that a refund or some other form of compensation might be in order.

It may have been the school which said the car park unusable for insurance reasons 

yes you and others have prepaid to park there if the school refused to open their car park  bcfc can't make them 

Archived