IGNORED

Weather (Merged)

BcfcDuncs

I've decided to travel to the game by bus from Bishopston. A feckin' bus mind! I haven't used one of them since probably the 1980s!

It's exciting but a little scary. Anyone got any tips? I'm thinking pull your coat up around your face and don't make eye contact with any of the passengers. Headphones a good idea? What sort of music should I be listening to?

We'd better win, I ain't looking forward to the journey home :no:

7 minutes ago, Marlborough Red said:

Fast thaw in Marlborough today. A4 clear of any snow and loads of cars moving . M4 / M32  running normally Seems perfectly safe to drive slowly and carefully to the match. Make your own mind up----your call.

Leaving early makes sense so on my way to the Gate shortly. 

My guess , 15,000 today.

COYR 3 points  today. 

We have over 14000 season ticket holders all these will be included.Probably be 12-15 actually in attendance

27 minutes ago, The Chaplain said:

Some extraordinary comments on here. Football club getting abused for doing all they can for putting a game of football on! Temperatures rising, no more snow forecast, buses running, sure some won’t be able to make it but ridiculous to think the whole thing ought to be called off for that, they’ll be a decent crowd regardless. I’m already into the second hour of my journey and leaving London on the bus now, well up for it and looking forward to 3 points COYR!

No abuse I have seen, just trying to work out common sense, when local places are not opening for public safety due to getting there, like the Mall, 20k make their way to Ashton Gate . It is what it is now, My stance was wish it had been put off, but if it’s on , As seems the case , Public transport here we come. 

3 minutes ago, City Rocker said:

I've decided to travel to the game by bus from Bishopston. A feckin' bus mind! I haven't used one of them since probably the 1980s!

It's exciting but a little scary. Anyone got any tips? I'm thinking pull your coat up around your face and don't make eye contact with any of the passengers. Headphones a good idea? What sort of music should I be listening to?

Head to toe de-fleaing when you get home. 

Joke. 

2 hours ago, KevP said:

They charge us to park there. Then don't offer an alternative when we can't. I take an 85yr old who relies on the shuttle bus that runs from the school to the ground on a match day. That's what.

I parked in there every home game for 25 years until last season for free, had no idea bs had anything to do with my old school, money grabbing b^&*%^&ds.

10 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Of which Wednesday would get a percentage of?

If you wish to be really pernickety, yes. They'd get 5% of the ticket value excluding VAT (section 34.2.3). So for a £32 face value adult ticket, the value excluding VAT is £26.67 of which they'd get £1.34 per adult ticket.

So if they refund 2000 adult tickets, they stand to lose £2680. Which is a teeny bit more than the £2370 they lost every hour of every day in the 16/17 financial year (annual loss £20.675m). So I'd say it's probably a bit of petty cash they're waving goodbye to.

6 minutes ago, City Rocker said:

Watch out for the conductor. And you can only smoke upstairs 

25 minutes ago, The Chaplain said:

Some extraordinary comments on here. Football club getting abused for doing all they can for putting a game of football on! Temperatures rising, no more snow forecast, buses running, sure some won’t be able to make it but ridiculous to think the whole thing ought to be called off for that, they’ll be a decent crowd regardless. I’m already into the second hour of my journey and leaving London on the bus now, well up for it and looking forward to 3 points COYR!

Well said babber.

The term snowflake has never been more apt.

I've worked all hours this last week, due to the fact I'm self-employed, had snow/ice covers on the vans tyres and lots of people with broken down boilers and burst pipes that needed sorting out. I'm no hero but used my common sense and got about.

Looking forward to the game and will have to adapt and get my regulation Clarks pies from the shop instead.

Feel sorry for those who for whatever reason can't make it but please.......stop bleating on about it.

7 minutes ago, City Rocker said:

Terrifying! 

#prayforcityrocker

Snow melting quickly in BS3, the main roads are clear.  It’s looking like the club’s decision is not completely unreasonable now.  The pitch, ground and stadium are safe, the roads around it are safe and most people within the Bristol area will be able to travel.  It’s not great for people further afield and I feel sorry for them but it’s probably a fair decision on balance. 

11 minutes ago, City Rocker said:

... neither. :laughcont:

4 minutes ago, TinMan's left peg said:

Snow melting quickly in BS3, the main roads are clear.  It’s looking like the club’s decision is not completely unreasonable now.  The pitch, ground and stadium are safe, the roads around it are safe and most people within the Bristol area will be able to travel.  It’s not great for people further afield and I feel sorry for them but it’s probably a fair decision on balance. 

It is starting to look like the right decision now - hell of a gamble but it appears to have paid off.

Gutted for myself though, there was no way I was ever going to get out of my village let alone get to Bristol. Cue a 5-0 win with three worldies and a Diony hattrick now.

28 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

All melting round here in Devon now so I thought I`d give it a go. Drove 200 yards down our lane to where it bends ninety degrees to be confronted with a 5` high snow drift going on  as far as I could see.

Back home in front the fire now.

If you were in Canada you’d just “get on with it” ;)

2 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

It is starting to look like the right decision now - hell of a gamble but it paid off.

Gutted for myself though, there was no way I was ever going to get out of my village let alone get to Bristol. Cue a 5-0 win with three worldies and a Diony hattrick now.

Hit the drink already I see . ;)

19 minutes ago, City Rocker said:

It's not as bad as Coach 1 :shocking:

34 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

BEEB Just said weather, not frozen pitch like the others.

Just seen Shef Wed offering refunds to people who can’t make it today. Wonder how it feels having a club putting supporters before financial gain?

Was that the club that charged us £40 last season?? 

4 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Was that the club that charged us £40 last season?? 

Absolutely , it was them and there fans didn’t give a shit and laughed at our protests , also have to say their main moan is trains cancelled so can’t get here , fair to say again they wouldn’t give a shit the other way round 

All people who go on about other countries coping with snow. Should Britain buy lots of snowploughs and then have them rust away for 7 years till the next snowfall? Half norwegian myself but I don't see how you can dompare countries that have 6 months of snow every year with a country that has snow once a decade.

9 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

If you were in Canada you’d just “get on with it” ;)

Just cleared drive did half a mile, massive drift, reverse, reverse, reverse.....

if I was in Canada I’d have a V8 4x4, snow chains, Skiddo, snow plough and snow shoes....can’t justify the expense of this investment in rural Somerset ! Not sure gurt big North American truck would get down lanes anyhow!

so it’s le Radio de Bristol pour moi! As they don’t say in Quabec !

Archived