IGNORED

Weather (Merged)

BcfcDuncs

41 minutes ago, Super said:

Do not travel unless absolute necessary from A&S police. 

The club doesn’t care they’d rather risk people’s lives so they could make £1 all of them are assholes and a disgrace at Bristol sport

2 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Personally I think the problem is going to be when the club realise that a lot of the matchday staff can`t get in. Not enough stewards - the game can`t go ahead.

That is a good point as many of he staff use buses. I see them on the bus stop post match

Anyone else think we`re looking at a late postponement, 1pm or something?

The club can say they got all they needed done but were let down by those pesky bus companies/council/rail operators who couldn`t do their bit.

As someone said in an earlier post, insurance may kick in if this is the situation.

I have not read this whole thread but a totally bonkers decision to play and fulfil fixture, with current conditions and advise still only essential travel.  As example I sit with 3 others in Dolman, all from different parts of Brizzle. Not one of us can get there due to conditions.

Reckon would be less than 10k bums on seats as most supporters would not risk getting stuck, unable to park, totally f****d up public transport, stadium staff getting to game etc etc  

A crazy decision to play this match. Equally strange that A & S are not saying no 

10 hours ago, Olé said:

Probably in a minority here but if you did a JustGiving for a minibus to drive you down overnight, I'd stick in. Probably the same price as all your flights in any case if you find a driver who is game.

Thanks for the offer mate - had a few genuinely nice gestures since last night. It wasn’t touch and go for a lot of us to even it to the airport so we had agreed that’s if the flight was off, we would give it a miss. I’m still skeptical that the game will go ahead.

1 minute ago, skinheadface said:

Just updated from first bus that a number of services have started.

A number of service not all, there won’t be anything to nailsea Portishead clevedon for the time being due to snow and ice,

trains are even cancelled or massively delayed,

police advice against travel unless it’s an emergency yet the club still ignore all of this

4 minutes ago, DT The Optimist said:

I have not read this whole thread but a totally bonkers decision to play and fulfil fixture, with current conditions and advise still only essential travel.  As example I sit with 3 others in Dolman, all from different parts of Brizzle. Not one of us can get there due to conditions.

Reckon would be less than 10k bums on seats as most supporters would not risk getting stuck, unable to park, totally f****d up public transport, stadium staff getting to game etc etc  

A crazy decision to play this match. Equally strange that A & S are not saying no 

The police have advices against it the club ignored them

2 minutes ago, EdinburghJon said:

Thanks for the offer mate - had a few genuinely nice gestures since last night. It wasn’t touch and go for a lot of us to even it to the airport so we had agreed that’s if the flight was off, we would give it a miss. I’m still skeptical that the game will go ahead.

I hope not as I've got a train ticket now. Do contact the club about your story as I''d like to think that they'd honour all your tickets for another home fixture if your group still wanted to visit Ashton Gate another time. :clap:

8 minutes ago, DT The Optimist said:

To quote myself ! I see another post said that Boro and Leeds had a gate of 27k last night. I wonder if that was bums on seats, or like us they count ticket sales whether or not you go in.  I still maintain it will be less than 10000 who show up if match goes ahead, as it seems it will, but gate will still be announced as 21500. 

Playing this fixture shows total lack respect for supporters, and I am not a moaner.

38 minutes ago, Busterrimes said:

If there is no public transport you would think they have to postpone. Without the buses I can't get to the game.

You would hope so. I live out Sodbury so zero chance of getting there without public transport. Tickets bought so money in the bank for BS and maybe the cluB isn't expecting as much concession sales today anyway.

Still early days but for the sake of Wednesday fans it needs to be a definitive yes or no sharpish.

Are people deliberately missing the point that has been made numerous times in this thread?

If the area around the ground is considered safe, the club cannot call the fixture off because supporters living several miles away may struggle to get there. Especially if the police have assured them that they can cover the game. 

Personally, I can see the arguments from all sides, albeit I certainly come down on the side of "if the majority of fans can't get there then it makes complete sense to postpone the fixture". Fixtures are postponed all the time for various reasons. It's quite normal. We certainly manage it for Sky Sports. 

I don't think the fans feature at all in decisions being made. That's just a sideshow. 

I get it that there are supporters in local area who can walk to game, Bedminster and so on, but the fan base is spread far and wide across the City and surrounding areas. Roads are treacherous and advice not to travel, but still some clowns think the match should go ahead. Let alone away fans who will be ok on main routes but then fooked once they get here. Crazy 

3 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Are people deliberately missing the point that has been made numerous times in this thread?

If the area around the ground is considered safe, the club cannot call the fixture off because supporters living several miles away may struggle to get there. Especially if the police have assured them that they can cover the game. 

The police advice for today is don’t travel unless absolute necessary.  Is a football match just that?

5 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

A good point.

I wonder if the club have made any representation to the EFL for the majority who can't make it. It will be the majority. 

The problem with the reasoning you have outlined is there can almost never be a reason to postpone a game.

Why the hell do they delay games when fans are caught in motorway traffic? 

3 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Personally, I can see the arguments from all sides, albeit I certainly come down on the side of "if the majority of fans can't get there then it makes complete sense to postpone the fixture". Fixtures are postponed all the time for various reasons. It's quite normal. We certainly manage it for Sky Sports. 

I don't think the fans feature at all in decisions being made. That's just a sideshow. 

Read #907 Nirthern Red. Sums it up perfectly.

Archived