IGNORED

Weather (Merged)

BcfcDuncs

47 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

I already did. I'm arguing it's bonkers logic. 

If clubs were still reliant on Potd it would certainly be called off. 

THEY ALREADY HAVE OUR MONEY. There's your answer. 

And I bet all season tickets who turn up or not will be counted as being in attendance today.....

1 hour ago, DT The Optimist said:

To quote myself ! I see another post said that Boro and Leeds had a gate of 27k last night. I wonder if that was bums on seats, or like us they count ticket sales whether or not you go in.  I still maintain it will be less than 10000 who show up if match goes ahead, as it seems it will, but gate will still be announced as 21500. 

Playing this fixture shows total lack respect for supporters, and I am not a moaner.

That was my post and as stated in it, 27.5k was the 'given' attendance. It will have been less than that if it was weather affected or not. As you say all STH's will have been included.

How many didn't/couldn't go purely because of the weather conditions we don't know, but the point is the game went ahead despite weather conditions being similarly severe to those we're experiencing in the Bristol area.

If the game goes ahead at AG despite many fans struggling to get there due to bad weather we would not be a unique case, and if City try to postpone it the FL may well say, 'if Boro could play their match why can't you'?

2 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

That was my post and as stated in it, 27.5k was the 'given' attendance. It will have been less than that if it was weather affected or not. As you say all STH's will have been included.

How many didn't/couldn't go purely because of the weather conditions we don't know, but the point is the game went ahead despite weather conditions being similarly severe to those we're experiencing in the Bristol area.

If the game goes ahead at AG despite many fans struggling to get there due to bad weather we would not be a unique case, and if City try to postpone it the FL may well say, 'if Boro could play their match why can't you'?

Because our game takes place in Bristol and theirs in Middlesbrough. 

Not all conditions are the same just because they are both snow. 

50 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Not used the AG buses before but considering it. How much faff is the one from Bris Park and Ride? 

The times I've used it no faff at all. Usually one to the ground every half hour. Coming back get out pronto (no need to leave early) no look stops or anything and get on the bus. There are usually 2 waiting that leave as soon as they are full. The Park and Ride at Bris has toilets.

Hi there

We are working closely with the police who are not advising to call the match off. Sheffield Wednesday travelled down by bus yesterday and the referee has come down from Sunderland. 

The Stadium teams have been working hard to make the stadium safe for fans who arrive for the match but I do appreciate it's difficult for fans further afield though. 

I think it's already on the forum but in case anyone has missed it First Bus have confirmed that AG1 AG2 and AG4 are all operating today as are public bus services.

Matt

2 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Because our game takes place in Bristol and theirs in Middlesbrough. 

Not all conditions are the same just because they are both snow. 

I checked the weather conditions for Middlesbrough yesterday evening and they were very similar - snow and ice - to those in Bristol. Their evening paper was full of snow stories and pictures just like the EP.

The conditions may not have been absolutely identical on the ground despite temperatures being the same and heavy snow on the ground - who knows, perhaps it was slightly worse up there?

I suspect conditions with you in the Cotswolds are far worse than in BS3 where a visible thawing from last night continues.

2 minutes ago, ziderheadarmy said:

So the police are happy yet they’re also telling people not to travel???

Someone somewhere is telling fibs...

I think intentions have been firmly nailed to the mast.

If there were no advance sales or season tickets and it was all POTD there is no way the fixture would go ahead. 

That's it in a nutshell. 

3 minutes ago, Matt Parsons BCFCSLO said:

Hi there

We are working closely with the police who are not advising to call the match off. Sheffield Wednesday travelled down by bus yesterday and the referee has come down from Sunderland. 

The Stadium teams have been working hard to make the stadium safe for fans who arrive for the match but I do appreciate it's difficult for fans further afield though. 

I think it's already on the forum but in case anyone has missed it First Bus have confirmed that AG1 AG2 and AG4 are all operating today as are public bus services.

Matt

Hi Matt

Whats still not safe, closer to home, though is the car park that I have paid a hefty whack to the club for a season ticket. It's bad enough the extortionate extras we've already had to pay for cup games, and now the club is not fulfilling its side of the deal by providing what I've paid for at an ordinary league game. Is the club going to reimburse my bus fare?

Lots of traffic (compared to last couple of days) flowing fine in Redland including buses, snow thawing quite rapidly, pavements absolutely fine to walk on with care. Mates driving in from Chew and Thornbury as it's been deemed safe to do so. 

3 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

I checked the weather conditions for Middlesbrough yesterday evening and they were very similar - snow and ice - to those in Bristol. Their evening paper was full of snow stories and pictures just like the EP.

The conditions may not have been absolutely identical on the ground despite temperatures being the same and heavy snow on the ground - who knows, perhaps it was slightly worse up there?

I suspect conditions with you in the Cotswolds are far worse than in BS3 where a visible thawing from last night continues.

Middlesbrough is pretty flat too! 

If the game is on, I will certainly be driving from south gloucestershire. Just leaving a bit earlier to allow for traffic and parking problems.

Bus routes seem mostly clear, but there will be a lot of traffic on the main roads as some of the hilly side roads still a bit dodgy.

Anyone picked up on the free tea and coffee in the concourses from 1 til 3 pm. I guessed not as most of you will be knocking back the cider then :)

14 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

A lot of police scaremongering. I drive from Whitchurch to Swindon yesterday - roads were good. In fact the city centre you would barely know it had snowed. 

Sorry but if they wouldn’t have put the warnings out then there would have been way more people on the roads and more potential problems would have occurred thus causing traffic delays.  The very fact you found the roads ok is testament to that decision.  Bristol is a big place and not everywhere had clear roads so not scaremongering at all.  

• Admin

Travelled from Whitchurch to Swindon last night, no issue with the roads, although it was bad in Whitchurch  am yesterday.  The more traffic that gets on the roads, as the temps rise, the better they will be.  Roads pretty snowy here in Swindon this morning, but buses and cars running OK.

8 minutes ago, Matt Parsons BCFCSLO said:

Hi there

Matt

Thanks Matt,

I'm a member and travel up from Torquay regularly - I was going to be taking 3 kids up to the match today but I really can't risk it - there's plenty of black ice still around. I know they were only £1 each but what about my £28? Where do I stand with a refund? Tried calling the club yesterday at 3pm to be greeted with a recorded message saying "The club is now closed, our opening hours are 9-5 on weekdays....!" Errr Yesterday not a weekday then?

Archived