IGNORED

SEASON TICKET PRICES (Merged)

RedM

7 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

So everyone relocates to the cheaper seats.  Then what?  Dolman central is empty while punters are sitting on each other's knees in the South Stand?  Come on, there only a limited number of seats to go around in each area.  Saying cheaper seats are available is a joke, but they are not available to everyone.

Yes it was poorly worded, apologies. Obviously I didn’t mean that everyone who didn’t like the price could just move to the SS and it’s solve everything. 

12 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

This new pricing structure is like a microcosm of Tory Britain; the most vulnerable City fans including the disabled and young are getting bummed the hardest.

How true.

Unfortunately the masses still voted for them and will again.  So we'll probably have plenty who are unmoved with this issue.

Really?

BRISTOL CITY FOOTBALL CLUB EQUALITY

Bristol City Football Club is determined to treat with equal consideration all supporters regardless of gender, race or ethnic origin, age, religious belief, sexual orientation, disability or any other unjustifiable reason. 

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/fanzone/supporter-guides/club-charter/

1 hour ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

My question to you would be which is more important? 

1) The club, ie your fellow fan who may be priced out next season or forced to pay hundreds more for their children just to stay with their friends.

2) The team and achieving promotion

For me it is option one and so therefore if it means lessening the teams chances then so be it. We are a club, which is 'a group of people who share common interest in an organised fashion'. Lets follow the example of our fellow fans overseas and protest and do it properly. 

I think 1 too. But why does it have to be one or the other? Can't we protest before and after the game and at half time, but cheer on the lads during the 90 mins? I think that would fall under the definition of "properly" done as it'd be structured and organised.

2 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

Really?

BRISTOL CITY FOOTBALL CLUB EQUALITY

Bristol City Football Club is determined to treat with equal consideration all supporters regardless of gender, race or ethnic origin, age, religious belief, sexual orientation, disability or any other unjustifiable reason. 

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/fanzone/supporter-guides/club-charter/

In fairness they may well have "considered" it.  Then disregarded it.

3 hours ago, HIGHRIDGE BCFC said:

Well after going to bed angry I woke up this morning still angry, and after sleeping on it I've come to the conclusion my love affair with Bristol City is probably over.

After being moved out of my seats for 3 of the last 5 or 6 seasons (once from the upper grandstand when the east end lads were moved in there, then from the grandstand when it was rebuilt and then finally last year when we were moved from W11 Lower Lansdown so the club could allow bizarrely for group bookings to sit there) i'm now faced with paying nearly 3 times the price for my kids under 19 tickets in W12.

Sorry Bristol City this is one kick in the nuts too many!

I've no qualms with my tickets going up from £469 to £499 but my 2 childrens tickets have gone from £97 to £255, meaning my 3 tickets have risen from £663 to £1009.

How the club can justify this is beyond me?

And to say they want all families to sit together is just rubbish. 

Football is about atmosphere, passion, the banter with the group of people you sit by. It's not about the singers all sat in one area, or all families in another.

I don't want to move seats yet again, even if they are cheaper. I also don't want to be forced up into the gods to watch my football.

So it looks like my matchday experience will now be watching it on the tele when all games are to be streamed from next season.

Thank you Bristol City. I'm glad my money and loyalty over the last 40 years counts for so much!

Only the midweek games will be streamed next year (unless you are overseas)

2 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

In fairness they may well have "considered" it.  Then disregarded it.

It gets better... 

Bristol City Football Club is an equal opportunities football club for both our employers and our supporters. All employees and supporters will receive equal treatment regardless of age, race, disability, gender reassignment, pregnancy and maternity, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership, sex (gender), religion or belief or any other unjustifiable reason.

1 minute ago, The Original OTIB said:

It gets better... 

Bristol City Football Club is an equal opportunities football club for both our employers and our supporters. All employees and supporters will receive equal treatment regardless of age, race, disability, gender reassignment, pregnancy and maternity, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership, sex (gender), religion or belief or any other unjustifiable reason.

There's always p*ss on the floor of the disabled toilets too.  Maybe that's what they mean :whistle:

5 minutes ago, Chris_Brown said:

Is this the clubs "think outside the box solution" to parking issues in BS3?

Sounds ridiculous, however....

Certainly has the logic of the Conservatives "stop benefits to encourage people to get a job" approach.

What is disappointing is the management collectively decided that this decision  ...

A) Didn't need an explanation that the majority of fans could buy into.

B) Wouldn't create a great fuss and ill-feeling directed at them.

11 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

It gets better... 

Well they are not wrong are they, everyone pays the same regardless! All supporters get equally ripped off!

4 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

Can't understand why they didn't put up the south stand by £5 each or something so there weren't large increases elsewhere. Honestly don't think they would lose many fans from the SS by having a quick rethink and rebalancing. 

Exactly.  There can't be a single solution that raises the desired revenue.

Nobody wants an increase, but if the increase is one that we all swallow and we are reasonably informed how it will be spent, what's really to disapprove of?

Personally, I think the emphasis - when wanting to increase revenue - should be on increasing the number of bums on seats.  To date the club have done well here and they could continue this trend.  It hasn't been a bad season as such.

This is likely, I feel, to reduce attendances, especially coming at a time when there is a air of disappointment about on-pitch performance.

2 hours ago, Littlesh*t said:

I have read through this thread and I get why people are frustrated because to be honest we all want as much as possible for as little cost as possible but surely the removal or under 19 tickets ( only in certain areas) is having a massive over reaction. 

at the age of 18 you become an adult so why shouldn't you pay adult prices?  maybe you should just consider yourself fortunate that in previous seasons the club has put something in place (that they didn't have to do) so you didn't have to pay full price.  

So your saying it’s right that I have to pay £355 for a 5 year old to attend city. 

Id like some of your money please. 

18 minutes ago, Paul Turnip said:

I think 1 too. But why does it have to be one or the other? Can't we protest before and after the game and at half time, but cheer on the lads during the 90 mins? I think that would fall under the definition of "properly" done as it'd be structured and organised.

Because there is not sacrifice. In order for a protest to hold any weight it's participants must make a sacrifice of sorts. That is what shows that you are serious and you believe in your protest. The miners didn't protest before and after work, but go in and earn their pay during the day. They had to sacrifice. 

If we protest pre match, but then file in nicely and watch the game, then we have proved nothing. 

18 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Have the S82 representatives on here seen this, and is there any plan to do anything, or shall we just sit here and take it?

For sure Harry has seen it, but lets not forget it is a work day. Give everyone a bit of time. 

10 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

Your kids alone would be paying £15 each per game.

The clear message

ISN'T "youngsters will have to pay a lot more",

IT'S "youngsters aren't welcome in this section".

There price is prohibitive to the point of not being for sale for most.

I'm not sure I've heard of any club doing this, ever. Shame on BCFC - this isn't how a club should operate.

Reading the posts on this topic clearly the overwhelming majority are of the opinion this is unfair with even those where the impact is limited on side.  I for one will not be spending any more of my hard earned cash in Bristol Sports tills on match days.  There must be a way of protesting that won’t impact on the team.  How about a sarcastic 1 minute applause from the Doman aimed at the directors on the 16th minute in line with the 16% ticket increase?

I see that the 'Media Watch - February 28th' page on the City website has the following media item:

"The Post also writes of City's 2018/19 season ticket prices, which start from £15"

How completely cynical is this?  "which start from £15".  Really?  I can get a season ticket for £15?  Or is this just some City media hack trying to put a positive spin on a shameful decision?

1 minute ago, General Zod said:

Reading the posts on this topic clearly the overwhelming majority are of the opinion this is unfair with even those where the impact is limited on side.  I for one will not be spending any more of my hard earned cash in Bristol Sports tills on match days.  There must be a way of protesting that won’t impact on the team.  How about a sarcastic 1 minute applause from the Doman aimed at the directors on the 16th minute in line with the 16% ticket increase?

Sourcing your food & drink away from the stadium would wake a few up..again,too many complain till your ears bleed,then actually do nothing..

6 minutes ago, General Zod said:

Boycott the concessions, 

11 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

Boycott the concessions, 

Everyone on this thread is rightly p1ssed off, from the lack of time they've given supporters to get money together to save their seats, to the general prices increases and kids tickets/Lansdown stand debacle. 

Sad fact is everyone on this thread, or at least 90% of you, will have all renewed by March 19th. And if you don't, some other b*gger would move in and buy your seat. This is why the suits will ALWAYS win.

25 minutes ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

Because there is not sacrifice. In order for a protest to hold any weight it's participants must make a sacrifice of sorts. That is what shows that you are serious and you believe in your protest. The miners didn't protest before and after work, but go in and earn their pay during the day. They had to sacrifice. 

If we protest pre match, but then file in nicely and watch the game, then we have proved nothing. 

For sure Harry has seen it, but lets not forget it is a work day. Give everyone a bit of time. 

Fair cop, day off today so got an even bigger opportunity to be angry at this.

Archived