IGNORED

SEASON TICKET PRICES (Merged)

RedM

8 minutes ago, RedM said:

I was just going to make the point about @Matt Parsons BCFCSLO , people are asking him to respond. In case  people have missed it,on this long thread he did, post #277. He is on leave at the moment, back next Monday as he stated. He is going to face the complaints, but he doesn’t  set the prices as he said. I think it’s actually quite cowardly by the club doing this with no proper consultation with the groups and then probably leaving it to the SLO to try to smooth over. I’ve met Matt, he is a good guy, I know he is employed by the club so difficult for him but let’s get him on side with this.

Exactly, he posted on here during leave whilst during ‘St George flag-gate’ Club officials were nowhere.

Matt even implied he disagrees with it, that’s the first time I’ve seen someone who’s our SLO not toe the party line. We need to work with him, he’s don’t a great job so far.

2 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Exactly, he posted on here during leave whilst during ‘St George flag-gate’ Club officials were nowhere.

Matt even implied he disagrees with it, that’s the first time I’ve seen someone who’s our SLO not toe the party line. We need to work with him, he’s don’t a great job so far.

That won't last long.  What do you think will happen during his first meeting with his boss after holiday?

12 minutes ago, Wilksi said:

I have contacted the FSF who have said they are aware of the season ticket issues with Bristol City and request all affected fans to email info@fsf.org.uk with their details and price hikes etc. They are looking at taking it up with the club but need info from fans. 

If you have been affected then please contact them. 

info@fsf.org.uk

I’ve done the same. They were very quick with their response and I would encourage others to contact them too.

We have to mobilise and work together on this. Remember our reaction to the changes at Cardiff? We were all confident it wouldn’t happen here. Appreciate that we are facing different issues, but it’s time to show we won’t tolerate such shocking treatment by the club.

1 minute ago, redordead1 said:

I’ve done the same. They were very quick with their response and I would encourage others to contact them to.

We have to mobilise and work together on this. Remember our reaction to the changes at Cardiff? We were all confident it wouldn’t happen here. Appreciate that we are facing different issues, but it’s time to show we won’t tolerate such shocking treatment by the club.

I think those not affected should also raise the issue, pointing out that they feel its unacceptable as a point of principle.

2 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

That won't last long.  What do you think will happen during his first meeting with his boss after holiday?

I’ve always hoped that someone in that role would be able to hold the club accountable where possible. It allows the SLO to actually do his job rather than just being a club mouthpiece. I don’t know what goes on behind closed doors but I really hope the club allow him to be a relatively independent voice who will disagree where needed.

1 minute ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I’ve always hoped that someone in that role would be able to hold the club accountable where possible. It allows the SLO to actually do his job rather than just being a club mouthpiece. I don’t know what goes on behind closed doors but I really hope the club allow him to be a relatively independent voice who will disagree where needed.

I would hope so too.  But it's such a fundamental conflict of interest.

What does Matt do if he thinks his point of view is pissing off the boss.  Do what is best for the fans or best for his job prospects?

How does the annual job review work?  "This year we failed to implement our price rises as you supported the fans movement to oppose them.  Here, have a salary increase".

It simply can't work.

1 minute ago, CotswoldRed said:

I would hope so too.  But it's such a fundamental conflict of interest.

What does Matt do if he thinks his point of view is pissing off the boss.  Do what is best for the fans or best for his job prospects?

How does the annual job review work?  "This year we failed to implement our price rises as you supported the fans movement to oppose them.  Here, have a salary increase".

It simply can't work.

I remember reading the SLO guidelines where the role allowed disagreement with their club. If it’s productive I don’t think it’s a problem, a bit like a ‘customer champion’ in a call centre.

Burnley really buy into the SLO concept and do a very good job at getting it right. 

I think it can work, just requires everyone to understand the purpose of his role and why he’s able to disagree. If it reflects the mood of the fans then surely it’s the right thing to do.

4 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I remember reading the SLO guidelines where the role allowed disagreement with their club. If it’s productive I don’t think it’s a problem, a bit like a ‘customer champion’ in a call centre.

Burnley really buy into the SLO concept and do a very good job at getting it right. 

I think it can work, just requires everyone to understand the purpose of his role and why he’s able to disagree. If it reflects the mood of the fans then surely it’s the right thing to do.

Maybe it can, and perhaps Burnley is a shining example.

I just don't see any evidence that the club WANT it to work as we would.

Was the Burnley SLO/FLO appointed by the club or in some way independently?

I have a season card in the lower Lansdown and have taken my 6 year old to several games this season and last by paying on the day for his seat.  I was planning on getting him a seat with me for next season but I now won’t be able to do this unless I either move to the upper tier away from my mates or buy him an expensive adult season card (is that what the club are suggesting? There’s not even an option for under 12 where I sit).  So basically I won’t be getting him a SC and the club potentially lose a new life long fan.  

At the moment there’s no info on whether I’d even be able to bring him along as potd next year for the odd match - are they banning kids from our section completely?!  

22 minutes ago, Wilksi said:

I have contacted the FSF who have said they are aware of the season ticket issues with Bristol City and request all affected fans to email info@fsf.org.uk with their details and price hikes etc. They are looking at taking it up with the club but need info from fans. 

info@fsf.org.uk

Done

21 minutes ago, Wilksi said:

info@fsf.org.uk

Done.

Am I also right but weren’t we led to believe we couldn’t have cheaper ST’s whilst all the building work was going on as we had reduced capacity, but once we had the full 27,000 available it was likely. This is the total opposite!

4 minutes ago, TinMan's left peg said:

At the moment there’s no info on whether I’d even be able to bring him along as potd next year for the odd match - are they banning kids from our section completely?!  

They're not banning children, they're just going to call them Little Adults from now on.

5 minutes ago, TinMan's left peg said:

I have a season card in the lower Lansdown and have taken my 6 year old to several games this season and last by paying on the day for his seat.  I was planning on getting him a seat with me for next season but I now won’t be able to do this unless I either move to the upper tier away from my mates or buy him an expensive adult season card (is that what the club are suggesting? There’s not even an option for under 12 where I sit).  So basically I won’t be getting him a SC and the club potentially lose a new life long fan.  

Do you think they are also getting fed up with upgrading kids tickets to adults, only an adult price no problem.

Oh, just to make everyone feel even more pished off, the players can get discounted holidays, air travel etc if the book through the FA. I just recently found this out, but of a kick when you are down isn’t it. 

7 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Maybe it can, and perhaps Burnley is a shining example.

I just don't see any evidence that the club WANT it to work as we would.

Was the Burnley SLO/FLO appointed by the club or in some way independently?

Sorry it’s not Burnley, just tried to find out who I meant and it’s not them. But there’s a northern club from that area who elects their SLO’s and has several of them who look after different areas. It’s a good system and really epitomises what the role is supposed to be. 

I think the club have appointed someone good in Matt. He has been very attentive on everything and helped deal very promptly with an issue involving S82 recently. Let’s give him the benefit of the doubt and see how he deals with it and then we can assess whether the club are letting him be relatively independent.

This is from UEFA’s SLO handbook so shows how the role is supposed to be.. it clearly does allow for the SLO to disagree with Club where appropriate 

A2AA0995-94B4-4C52-903A-D5BCC9E3CEC5.jpeg

4 minutes ago, RedM said:

Do you think they are also getting fed up with upgrading kids tickets to adults, only an adult price no problem.

Maybe they are just unhappy about how many kids actually attend games these days as ST holders.......seeing as each seat sold brings in only £50 or £99 per season.

1 minute ago, oldland3 said:

some one suggested the youngsters (the clubs future supporters) should boycott the next game, why don't we all support them if they did

Regretfully the only way the club will truly feel any pain is for all fans to not renew by deadline - by boycotting matches that you've already paid for you are just hurting yourselves.

If enough people let the deadline pass without renewing then maybe a little panic might set in with our 'Family Club' owners and they'll get off their arses and look at the whole proposal again.

3 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

Maybe they are just unhappy about how many kids actually attend games these days as ST holders.......seeing as each seat sold brings in only £50 or £99 per season.

Think that’s it in a nutshell.

2 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Sorry it’s not Burnley, just tried to find out who I meant and it’s not them. But there’s a northern club from that area who elects their SLO’s and has several of them who look after different areas. It’s a good system and really epitomises what the role is supposed to be. 

I think the club have appointed someone good in Matt. He has been very attentive on everything and helped deal very promptly with an issue involving S82 recently. Let’s give him the benefit of the doubt and see how he deals with it and then we can assess whether the club are letting him be relatively independent.

This is from UEFA’s SLO handbook so shows how the role is supposed to be.. it clearly does allow for the SLO to disagree with Club where appropriate 

A2AA0995-94B4-4C52-903A-D5BCC9E3CEC5.jpeg

Cheers Phileas.

I don't doubt Matt's desire or ability to do a good job.  I wish him the best.

I'll have a closer look at the helpful info above - thanks for posting!

Re Matt Parson's.  I mailed him last night to pass on my views and fair to play to him despite being abroad on annual leave he replied and again to a further mail.  His response was professional and sympathetic and it's clear he understands the views of parents facing exorbitant increases (£50 to £335 for me), moving against their will, or choosing not to renew.  I do believe he will at least represent fans views and I respect him for replying whilst on holiday.  

Archived