IGNORED

SEASON TICKET PRICES (Merged)

RedM

• Admin
46 minutes ago, Wilksi said:

I have contacted the FSF who have said they are aware of the season ticket issues with Bristol City and request all affected fans to email info@fsf.org.uk with their details and price hikes etc. They are looking at taking it up with the club but need info from fans. 

If you have been affected then please contact them. 

info@fsf.org.uk

Am hearing that they have been inundated with unhappy City fans contacting then over the past 24 hours 

17 minutes ago, oldland3 said:

Apparently the Bristol post paper are looking at this and they have said that they are waiting for a reply from Ashton gate, keep a eye on the post web site

All well and good, but I fear we will need to get national press attention for this to really make an impact.

28 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

Maybe they are just unhappy about how many kids actually attend games these days as ST holders.......seeing as each seat sold brings in only £50 or £99 per season.

If the £50 tickets were thought of as a price they could work with when it was launched why has it been deemed to be unworkable now?  Yes I understand a £50 ST could potentially turn into a £50 match ticket, but ‘could’ isn’t the same as it happening. Yes we ‘might’ get a decent cup draw, once or if a miracle plus occurs twice in a season, but I really think the club should look after its loyal fan base better than it seems to be doing. As I said before they are the ones turning up for the non glamorous games, and the kids are the future. 

33 minutes ago, RedM said:

I know that, but the ‘hassle’ of fans phoning up etc might annoy the ticket office.

Where as a fan phoning to buy a ticket is hassle?

I agree that people who do that every game should be banned from buying them.

I do upgrade my kid ticket on evening games & odd weekend but that as a fan you don’t wanna denie someone a seat elsewhere 

4 minutes ago, RedM said:

If the £50 tickets were thought of as a price they could work with when it was launched why has it been deemed to be unworkable now?  Yes I understand a £50 ST could potentially turn into a £50 match ticket, but ‘could’ isn’t the same as it happening. Yes we ‘might’ get a decent cup draw, once or if a miracle plus occurs twice in a season, but I really think the club should look after its loyal fan base better than it seems to be doing. 

These increases obviously haven't been just thought up in a matter of days, or even weeks. It's almost as if the club have got more carried away with our earlier excellent league form and amazing cup run than the fans. With demand at an all time high and some folk reportedly getting half season tickets just to guarantee a seat for one game, someone at the club has had a eureka moment concerning the sort of revenue that could be generated. The problem is that results have nose dived and the team are no longer riding the crest of success. Promotion seems less likely, though still possible, so the likelihood of another year in the Championship, as enjoyable as it may or may not be, does not, in my view, justify the restructuring and increases for next season.

5 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

You say it's pathetic and ludicrous, but - aside from the issues being discussed here - is it really?  If a child can have a season ticket for £50 or even £99, I'd say that is very good value.  What else can you do with children that would entertain them for a couple of hours, 23 times a year, for that sort of money?

23 trips to the cinema would cost more.

23 trips to a soft play centre would cost a bit more.

23 trips to the swimming pool would cost about the same.

A single trip to Legoland for a family of four costs over £100 even using kelloggs vouchers!

I would argue that all of the above are lesser experiences than the excitement of going to a football match.

I completely disagree with the club's decision to oust families from their existing seats, but that doesn't suddenly make child season tickets poor value.  The issue is the lack of choice about where people sit, not the cost, in my opinion.

You are quite right, on studying it further, it's only the lower Lansdown that is now being put in the bracket of far too expensive - it seems that the Lansdown is being reserved for the wealthier Bristol residents.

The rest of the ground still seems good value for money for a season ticket.  Initially, after a quick glance at this thread, I thought all children's tickets were going up at the same level.

8 minutes ago, Maggersno1Fan said:

Where as a fan phoning to buy a ticket is hassle?

I agree that people who do that every game should be banned from buying them.

I do upgrade my kid ticket on evening games & odd weekend but that as a fan you don’t wanna denie someone a seat elsewhere 

Maybe you have a more positive experience of dealing with them than I have. A bit jobsworth for my liking

2 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Is it just a question of any season ticket increase giving the club more power to challenge for the Premier League? 

Guess we have to accept Bristol City are becoming a bigger club, and ticket prices will increase as a consequence.

It does give them more spending power - IF they manage to sell them.  Piss off your customers and prices rises don't always mean higher revenues.

But this is clearly not a case of all fans sharing an equal load.  This is engineering by pricing people out.  It stinks.

3 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Is it just a question of any season ticket increase giving the club more power to challenge for the Premier League? 

Guess we have to accept Bristol City are becoming a bigger club, and ticket prices will increase as a consequence.

I don’t think you’ve understood what has actually happened 

11 minutes ago, RedM said:

Maybe you have a more positive experience of dealing with them than I have. A bit jobsworth for my liking

Oh the ticket office.

Yeah that Oliver or Ollie is prize ***.

like I said earlier on I just tend to buy a seat else where now as they are annoying.

also seat moves they charge me a fiver now even though I’m top price seats, they don’t seem to like it when I need to change seats & a.m. bringing people to the gate

3 minutes ago, Maggersno1Fan said:

also seat moves they charge me a fiver now even though I’m top price seats, they don’t seem to like it when I need to change seats & a.m. bringing people to the gate

That's like being a bin man and complaining that you don'y like emptying bins!

4 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Big club like Dortmund, Barcelona, Real Madrid, Bayern, Fenerbahce, Galatasary etc. All have STs for around half of our cheapest. This is greed, nothing more. Huddersfield did it, why can't we. Don't accept it mate. Push back

40 minutes ago, phantom said:

Am hearing that they have been inundated with unhappy City fans contacting then over the past 24 hours 

Yes. They said the same thing to me. They want to talk to the supporters club and trust to work out the best way to approach the club. 

8 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I don’t think you’ve understood what has actually happened 

Wouldn't surprise me, I haven't bought a season ticket for over a decade, and have glanced at the thread a few times whilst playing with the kids!

In essence, what is the main issue?

1 minute ago, reddogkev said:

Wouldn't surprise me, I haven't bought a season ticket for over a decade, and have glanced at the thread a few times whilst playing with the kids!

U19 and U12 tickets no longer exist in parts of the Lansdown, forcing children and families to move.  Around 600% price increases for children if they wish to stay where they are.

Plus other problems.

5 minutes ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

Big club like Dortmund, Barcelona, Real Madrid, Bayern, Fenerbahce, Galatasary etc. All have STs for around half of our cheapest. This is greed, nothing more. Huddersfield did it, why can't we. Don't accept it mate. Push back

I've been priced out of season tickets for years, ever since buying a house, having kids etc - nothing new to me I'm afraid!

2 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Kids prices across the board were £x (low value) now kids prices across the board are £y (high value) unless supporters with children move to one particular area of the ground where the price for kids remains low.

That’s just one issue but probably the one that’s annoyed people most.

22 minutes ago, oldland3 said:

we all need to stand together on this how about some sort of show this saturday

Boycotting the game only hurts us as season ticket holders as we've already paid to attend.

How about everybody boycot buying anything at the concessions in the stadium. Zero cash in the tills under the Dolman / Lansdown or across the whole stadium might make the club rethink.

It's all about money... so let's stop spending it inside the ground.

1 minute ago, Laner said:

Boycotting the game only hurts us as season ticket holders as we've already paid to attend.

How about everybody boycot buying anything at the concessions in the stadium. Zero cash in the tills under the Dolman / Lansdown or across the whole stadium might make the club rethink.

It's all about money... so let's stop spending it inside the ground.

No pain, no gain?

Archived