IGNORED

SEASON TICKET PRICES (Merged)

RedM

5 minutes ago, Simon79 said:

My boy does, he has Downs Syndrome & so with this has sensory issues along with other issues that mean it has been challenging at times with his match day experience. My seat, Elliott’s seat & my brother seat ( Lower Lansdown W12 )were purposely picked/advised with Elliott’s disabilities in mind ( by Gareth - Disability Officer ).  It took time, but to see that little boys confidence grow from walking through the fan zone, to entering the stadium, wanting to show the staff his ticket & knowing where he is going to sit has been amazing.   As well as starting to feel comfortable with the fans/staff around him. Routine is key for Elliott & now potentially this for some unknown ( known) reason has been thrown out the window. So yes, my boy does care where he sits, in his mind it’s his seat where he can watch Bobby & Joe! COYR 

Glad he's enjoying it! :thumbsup:

8 minutes ago, Simon79 said:

My boy does, he has Downs Syndrome & so with this has sensory issues along with other issues that mean it has been challenging at times with his match day experience. My seat, Elliott’s seat & my brother seat ( Lower Lansdown W12 )were purposely picked/advised with Elliott’s disabilities in mind ( by Gareth - Disability Officer ).  It took time, but to see that little boys confidence grow from walking through the fan zone, to entering the stadium, wanting to show the staff his ticket & knowing where he is going to sit has been amazing.   As well as starting to feel comfortable with the fans/staff around him. Routine is key for Elliott & now potentially this for some unknown ( known) reason has been thrown out the window. So yes, my boy does care where he sits, in his mind it’s his seat where he can watch Bobby & Joe! COYR 

This post alone should encourage everyone commenting here to stand together and say to the club....."We Shall Not Be Moved"

1 hour ago, Threshing Red said:

I'm in the south stand, have sympathy for everyone who is affected. There is only one course you can take on saturday and thats a mass walk out sometime during the game. This would get the sporting media interest. Will be waiting for the Dolman to lead the way. Of course it might be snowed off yet... 

It takes a good 15-20 minutes to clear the Dolman, so we'll probably have to vacate our seats before we get to them. And it's likely to confuse the earlier leavers, who will panic, thinking they must have dozed off and stayed until the end of game by mistake.

1 minute ago, RedDave said:

Ultimately if the club receives more revenue from tickets/season tickets then they are vindicated. If it is less than they have made a mistake and will re-think

I don't see it that way at all. 

Are there no principles? 

The club could have sold adult only tickets to the Man U game and raised loads more revenue.  There is a line somewhere on what is acceptable.

The prices don’t have any impact to me personally but I totally understand everybody making their point. It’s pretty disgusting. I don’t know what the club are thinking? This is a transitional period of our club potentially becoming an attractive outfit to players and supporters. After the season and recent development we have had! 

They are the future, so you can’t turn that away. It’s priceless.

• Admin
45 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I am happy and getting my ticket renewed Monday. I am sorry if this upsets some people, but on a personal level there is absolutely nothing wrong with what I am being offered. 

Doesn’t affect me PERSONALLY my increase for E34 is miniscule but it does not mean us supporters should not be sticking together

47 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I am happy and getting my ticket renewed Monday. I am sorry if this upsets some people, but on a personal level there is absolutely nothing wrong with what I am being offered. 

I suppose it boils down to whether you'd appreciate some support if it was you affected. 

12 minutes ago, Moor2Sea said:

12 minutes ago, Moor2Sea said:

Having been involved the managing implementation of strategies that would be deeply unpopular with ‘customers’, I’m surprised the Club haven’t better managed the strategy and associated PR. 

I can see the Club’s logic in encouraging concessions to populate certain parts of the ground, leaving prime spots for full paying customers. Why though wasn’t this approach made clear from Day 1of stadium redevelopment? 

Given that didn’t happen, there should have been full engagement with affected parties and, critically, sensitive management of the roll out of the bad news. At the very least they should have fully explained why they’ve done it, the benefits to the Club and it’s supporters. Either phasing implementation or just softening the blow with staged price increases could of helped. 

Most odd. Almost as if an ‘us and them’ culture has developed and become ingrained at the Club. Obviously eternally grateful for SL (and family) and the tens of millions that’s been pumped into the Club. Clearly, the objective in making the Club as self supporting cash-wise as a football club can be, is laudable.  The management’, though, seem to have lost sight of the need to work together with the ‘customers’  and have instead adopted an authoritarian, ‘we’ll do what we want’ approach. 

Pity. 

Very well put @Moor2Sea. Such a disrespectful attitude. Two weeks ago I was (despite the run of bad results) looking forward to getting my season ticket renewed. Now I'm not so sure, and I'm only mildly being done over compared to anyone with kids. Shameful.

Do we know who made the decision?  The City Board, the marketing department, Bristol Sport, the stadium, MA, SL ? 

If we know where the decision was made it means the protest can be more targeted.

To annoy the fans for little financial return in the greater scheme of things, and conceivably for less return,  is poor management, especially as the club pr pumps out the message that we are a community club

1 hour ago, Head&Shoulders said:

Huge overreaction from the majority here IMO. 

Dont get me wrong, I do understand the frustration but nobody is being forced anywhere. If you desperately want the same seats as you've had for this season then you pay the necessary price (baring in mind let's not forget, what young child aged 12 or under actually cares where they really sit or whether they have a season ticket or not, it's the parent that's more bothered). However If you don't want to pay the necessary price and want last years prices then move your seats... simple. No need for "national papers" and "protests/banners" :clapping: Still brilliant value for money compared to plenty of other clubs, I for one will definitely be renewing (and for the record I will be moving with my boy to the upper lansdown where the view is fantastic)

“Nobody is being forced anywhere”.

You do realise that if something now costs three times what it did previously that might prevent some people from buying it in future?

Or are you so immeasurably rich that you can’t fathom why anyone might be effectively forced to move by this action?

34 minutes ago, Simon79 said:

Even if the club change nothing else, I would hope that you guys get to stay where Elliot feels at home mate. I'd pay the extra I've been charged for me and my boy willingly if the club were prepared to accommodate you and others in your situation. I'm sure GT will be on your side. 

1 hour ago, Fontaineofallknowledge said:

Why are people trying To financially harm the club-I for one am happy to pay more as we need to fund better players for next seasons promotion push. Really don’t get some people-either support the club or don’t!

I don’t think you get it . Maybe your fountain is frozen ?

1 hour ago, Fontaineofallknowledge said:

Why are people trying To financially harm the club-I for one am happy to pay more as we need to fund better players for next seasons promotion push. Really don’t get some people-either support the club or don’t!

Do you know anyone who is in a low-paid job, maybe struggling to make ends meet? Someone who perhaps cannot afford a huge hike in price or the so-be-it view you have? 

20 minutes ago, phantom said:

Doesn’t affect me PERSONALLY my increase for E34 is miniscule but it does not mean us supporters should not be sticking together

I'm I never the same position. My increase is negliable but unlike some I can't see the point of kicking up fuss about it. The club have decided and that's it. 

Unless the SC&T get heavily involved to represent those fans who have a legimate gripe nothing will change.

If you feel it is too expensive next season, don't renew and don't buy.  Lower than expected sales will have an impact with the board and force them to amend their pricing strategy.

If you don't have a season ticket, it's not actually the end of the world!  I quite like to pick and chose from the games, and cherry pick the ones that catch my fancy.

** Just become a member instead, that's what I did this season, saves a fiver a game **

42 minutes ago, phantom said:

40 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

I suppose it boils down to whether you'd appreciate some support if it was you affected. 

I just feel that every time they release new prices there are winners and losers. I am not sure there is anyway of them making money and giving all the fans exactly the prices they want.

On 27/02/2018 at 17:26, Phileas Fogg said:

Probably nothing, but this caught my eye in the club’s graphic about the prices announcement.

Been a couple of whispers about a new crest.. I wonder if this is the first outing of the new robin?

E9211D94-ED26-4B79-91F1-50CD24123D5A.jpeg

Thats a cross breed otherwise known as a Robeagle.

19 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I'm I never the same position. My increase is negliable but unlike some I can't see the point of kicking up fuss about it. The club have decided and that's it. 

Unless the SC&T get heavily involved to represent those fans who have a legimate gripe nothing will change.

We are the club and we didn't decide it. My increase is nothing, but I'm happy to boycott or not renew because I feel empathy for others. 

As I posted on the other thread. You can back the club, ie your fellow fans, or you can back BS and the team. I support a Football Club, not a football team!

26 minutes ago, Robbored said:

The SC&T are involved in this along with the Football Supporters Federation they are talking to each other about this and want to approach the club. 

42 minutes ago, Loosey Boy said:

Crazy decisions made by the club just as our momentum and stock is at its highest!

I hope it doesn't but sense this will lead to a drop in sales which is CRAZY!

These plans would have taken a while to construct, and are probably now being rushed through in advance, just as we drop out of the top six.

With the amount of fans we have (that have children) that buy season tickets in the worst affected areas, there is no way sales will be higher this year.

1 hour ago, Simon79 said:

Lovely to hear to be honest mate, never actually thought of it from that point of view. Puts a lot of things in perspective! 

If me and the lad relocate from Lower Lansdown to the South Stand, our seats (including the new increase) drop from £754 down to £444, which would be a saving of £310.

Most fans would probably want to save £310. I just want to keep our seats and watch the bloody game, with friends around us.

I won't be renewing if this is the way I'm being treated after 50 years of loyal support.

23 hours ago, StGeorge said:

Absolute bollocks. There are loads of seats in lower Lansdown  free for anyone to purchase for £599 per season. Why make it financially unviable for families/friends who have sat together Lansdown/wiliams for years, 

With respect I never justified anything.  I interpreted the deal the club is offering certain supporters.   Personally I think it's a risk because it could easily alienate people.  If that coincides with a disappointing end to the season then it will be doubly damaging.  If we are successful it will mean more revenue with some people pissed off inspite of our success.

Archived