IGNORED

SEASON TICKET PRICES (Merged)

RedM

So to recap now we're on page 14

• Season ticket prices are out much earlier than normal and without much notice
  • None of the traditional supporter liaison groups have been consulted 
  • If you're a child in the Lansdown lower kindly **** off
  • If you're a child in the Dolman your price has doubled kindly consider ****ing off
  • Children are the future but ideally out the way in the Lansdown Upper
  • Teenagers are also annoying, prices up 50% unless you piss off there too
  • Pensioners, students, and any adults with decent seats prices up 16-18%
  • All the various discounts from food and other club outlets are scrapped
  • We value loyal fans but haven't thought up any new benefits yet give us a chance

Did I miss anything?

Meanwhile, in unrelated news recent form has been poor and we have just dropped out of the play-offs.

A fact which I'm sure is unconnected to this chaotic and clearly unprepared or planned announcement.

8 hours ago, phantom said:

Doesn’t affect me PERSONALLY my increase for E34 is miniscule but it does not mean us supporters should not be sticking together

Absolutely. I'm E31 and for me it is embarrassing, I think my increase is 3% which I'm almost ashamed of - when you see some of the other increases.

I'm speaking for myself here, but I'd happily have paid a 10% increase on my ticket if increases were more uniform across the ground and age groups.

It's mad that I have friends with kids with significantly larger increases for the exact same seat as mine, who are being baited to the Upper Lansdown.

The trouble is now the only movement City have on this is to row back on certain prices, they certainly can't easily redistribute them and put others up.

It's just rank bad planning. Any business worth its salt tests things with customers to give yourself room for manoeuvre and get things right first time.

I was amazed per @Dollymarie in the other thread that the SC&T wasn't consulted. Surely that would have been an easy way to optimise the outcome.

It'd also be fair reward for the unpaid work they (and people like S82) do to improve Ashton Gate, to actually treat them as stakeholders in these issues.

I haven't heard one voice disputing the principle of increases, it is just the distribution and fairness. And awful "customer" focus to have not tested this.

I don't have a suggestion for action but certainly expect everyone should leave renewal as late as humanly possible to create real pressure for a change.

39 minutes ago, Olé said:

• If you're a child in the Dolman your price has doubled kindly consider ****ing off
  • We value loyal fans but haven't thought up any new benefits yet give us a chance

Did I miss anything?

Meanwhile, in unrelated news recent form has been poor and we have just dropped out of the play-offs.

A fact which I'm sure is unconnected to this chaotic and clearly unprepared or planned announcement.

You're forgetting the actual PRICE REDUCTION for the superfans, mind. 

When are the club going to make a statement?  Can they really simply pretend that this reaction isn't happening?

Possibly for the first time in several decades of support, I really do think there is a point in making some form of protest on Saturday (if it's on - looks very doutbful to me).  I've loved this club through thick and thin (though 1982 was a bit bl**dy challenging mind) but this feels like the pits in terms of how connected I feel to it right at this moment).

1 hour ago, Olé said:

Did I miss anything?

'We have listened and will maintain free child shirts (please try not to notice that the 98% price hike means you are effectively paying £50 for them)'

Edit- 'and if you are a disabled kid please **** off out of our good seats'

25 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

When are the club going to make a statement?  Can they really simply pretend that this reaction isn't happening?

Possibly for the first time in several decades of support, I really do think there is a point in making some form of protest on Saturday (if it's on - looks very doutbful to me).  I've loved this club through thick and thin (though 1982 was a bit bl**dy challenging mind) but this feels like the pits in terms of how connected I feel to it right at this moment).

Radio Bristol saying that the club would not have anyone on this morning and are not in a position to make a statement

11 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Yeah, there’s a few nerds such as myself who post a lot but it’s a very busy forum for a second tier side; lots of occasional posters and lurkers. As Harry says a good place to plant the seed and see what happens.

Jetlag is awful! 

I enjoy my Mrs having 'the lag- she gets up at 5am and makes me breakfast before work!!

12 minutes ago, RedRaw said:

Radio Bristol saying that the club would not have anyone on this morning and are not in a position to make a statement

What sort of response is that??? No response to the SC&T section82. The Post and now Radio Bistol. 

The silence is deafening. 

Or. Perhaps they realise they have foooked up???! I very much doubt it. Poor children. 

30 minutes ago, Wilksi said:

What sort of response is that??? No response to the SC&T section82. The Post and now Radio Bistol. 

The silence is deafening. 

Or. Perhaps they realise they have foooked up???! I very much doubt it. Poor children. 

The sort of statement that comes from a faceless organisation which takes customers for granted.

Come on BCFC - prove me wrong.

2 hours ago, Olé said:

Did I miss anything?

yes, the concession for disabled fans has been withdrawn .

The concession price was the same as over 65, so the price is up a 100 or so - then add the up to 18% increase on top. For someone managing on disability benefit that's a cruel increase. Shameful action by the club.

13 hours ago, Snufflelufagus said:

Putting aside all the child ticket issues. I actually think paying in March isn't all that bad. No council tax to pay so a few extra quid in people's pockets. 

That’s great until you consider the council tax has gone up and the bigger bills start in April

9 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

yes, the concession for disabled fans has been withdrawn .

The concession price was the same as over 65, so the price is up a 100 or so - then add the up to 18% increase on top. For someone managing on disability benefit that's a cruel increase. Shameful action by the club.

I'd missed that.

My son is disabled and has always paid the corresponding child rate so wasn't aware of the adult concession.

That's really disappointing to hear.

21 hours ago, Drew Peacock said:

I am not that interested in working it out, but with the South Stand adult tickets showing no increase and the Dolman and Lansdown wings adult tickets being around 5% increase, your implication that ticket prices have increased by 20% is just misleading.  The issue is not with overall ticket prices, but with child adjustments.

3 hours ago, Olé said:

Did I miss anything?

There has been no thought, consideration or consultation about expanding S82 despite a seeming appetite to do so. I appreciate there are issues, mostly sight line related, but it wasn't even looked at.

I would urge those who are thinking of renewing (maybe because they don't have kids etc.) not to renew straight away. There is no need to buy your seat on Monday. Wait. It's reserved until March 19th. If nobody renews on Monday, or Tuesday, or Wednesday etc. the club would be surprised/alarmed. It would also buy time for a protest/boycott and give the media some ammunition.

"Season cards will go on sale from Monday, March 5th at 10am, with existing seats reserved until Monday, March 19th at 9.30am."

12 minutes ago, E.G.Red said:

Edit: I'm not interested in facts. Really? Amazing:

Type Season South Stand Dolman Wings Dolman Centre Family Lansdown Lansdown Wings Lansdown Centre
Adult 2017/2018 347 401 431 372 471 531
  2018/2019 345 415 499 345 499 599
  % Increase/Decrease -0.58 3.49 15.78 -7.26 5.94 12.81

Concession 2017/2018 261 301 331 286 357 401
65+ & U25 2018/2019 285 345 390 285 390 469
(22-24) % Increase/Decrease 9.20 14.62 17.82 -0.35 9.24 16.96

U22 2017/2018 117 201 217 142 237 267
(19-21) 2018/2019 150 230 255 150 255 335
  % Increase/Decrease 28.21 14.43 17.51 5.63 7.59 25.47

U19 2017/2018 99 99 99 99 99 99
(12-18) 2018/2019 99 150 150 99 no option no option
  % Increase/Decrease 0.00 51.52 51.52 0.00 no option no option

U12 2017/2018 50 50 50 0 50 50
(0-11) 2018/2019 50 99 99 50 no option no option
  % Increase/Decrease 0.00 98.00 98.00 5000.00 no option no option

Disabled 2017/2018 261 301 331 286 357 401
  2018/2019 Based on Age Category per Above
  % Increase/Decrease Based on Age Category per Above

11 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

RB phone in is quite damning of the club.

REALLY bad publicity for the club. I'd imagine they're frantically deciding wether to stick or twist. If they were happy to justify the prices they'd have sent Beanhead along to trot out a pre-prepared statement or whatever. 

2 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

REALLY bad publicity for the club. I'd imagine they're frantically deciding wether to stick or twist. If they were happy to justify the prices they'd have sent Beanhead along to trot out a pre-prepared statement or whatever. 

Fair assessment.

Massively, massively out of touch if they didn't predict this.

At least the fans know who/what they are dealing with.  CORPORATE, CORPORATE, CORPORATE.  They've watched too much Champions League on the telly and forgotten what a club is about.

Actions, not words.

3 hours ago, Olé said:

Absolutely. I'm E31 and for me it is embarrassing, I think my increase is 3% which I'm almost ashamed of - when you see some of the other increases.

I'm speaking for myself here, but I'd happily have paid a 10% increase on my ticket if increases were more uniform across the ground and age groups.

It's mad that I have friends with kids with significantly larger increases for the exact same seat as mine, who are being baited to the Upper Lansdown.

The trouble is now the only movement City have on this is to row back on certain prices, they certainly can't easily redistribute them and put others up.

It's just rank bad planning. Any business worth its salt tests things with customers to give yourself room for manoeuvre and get things right first time.

I was amazed per @Dollymarie in the other thread that the SC&T wasn't consulted. Surely that would have been an easy way to optimise the outcome.

It'd also be fair reward for the unpaid work they (and people like S82) do to improve Ashton Gate, to actually treat them as stakeholders in these issues.

I haven't heard one voice disputing the principle of increases, it is just the distribution and fairness. And awful "customer" focus to have not tested this.

I don't have a suggestion for action but certainly expect everyone should leave renewal as late as humanly possible to create real pressure for a change.

Dolman E31 is central, ergo up 15.78% Rob. Or perhaps a typo error and you are in the wings?

16 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Fair assessment.

At least the fans know who/what they are dealing with.  CORPORATE, CORPORATE, CORPORATE.  They've watched too much Champions League on the telly and forgotten what a club is about.

Actions, not words.

Please excuse my ignorance all,but are  such "changes" as these here being discussed 'placed by SL for the 'thumbs up prior to final approval ???

Apologies if already covered on this thread-

21 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Fair assessment.

Actions, not words.

Please excuse my ignorance all,but are  such "changes" as these here being discussed 'placed by SL for the 'thumbs up prior to final approval ???

Apologies if already covered on this thread-

Archived