IGNORED

SEASON TICKET PRICES (Merged)

RedM

It appears initially that I won't be too affected with my pensioner rate £285 in S22.

However, on a personal basis, there isn't any mention of the discount of 10% that I have as a dual Football & Rugby ST holder - no mention yet on when the Rugby one's will go on sale. 

Also if the concessionary discount of 20% is reduced or withdrawn, then I may not buy my pre match tea. In other words, it may affect me but not too much.

That doesn't mean that I am mot seriously concerned at the effect that it will have on next season's sales, the significant increases to those affected and the long term effect on our growth as a club. It seems to me that the club have considered that as we are now averaging over 20,000 per game, and if next season proves to be even more successful with, dare I say it, promotion to the Prem, they can increase gate revenue and not jeopardise attendances.

But what happens if our wonderful Head Coach continues to play hot and cold with results? A 20,000 plus average for three months now could very soon turn into fifteen thousand or less if we revert to our usual spot in the league. (See note below)

The club have cleverly kept pricing in the South Stand as this season, which means that most will renew and may not join in any protest. The biggest increases are for those with children and those who do not wish to move seats to suit the club. They will have my support but I don't know at present, how I can.

Note about deja vu. In 1978, the club decided arbitrarily and without any consultation, to move seasonticket holders in the two Dolman blocks nearest the Covered End to seats in the centre blocks which even then were more expensive. The reason was that they needed to have an area of non ST's to use for away fans in cup ties. I complained and the Mark Ashton of the day, Tony Rance phoned me full of bullshit and telling me that it was for mine and the clubs benefit. I ended the conversation by saying that I'd be supporting City long after he'd moved on to his next highly paid job. He responded by saying that he was dedicated to staying at City for the rest of his working life.

Two years later, we were relegated, followed by two more, and Mr Rance had already departed for pastures new. What goes around, comes around and at BCFC nothing seems to change. So how can I help?

2 minutes ago, Head&Shoulders said:

And I do completely respect that I don't agree with the price increase either the point I was trying to make was let's not turn this into a massive club problem where there was protests at the stadiums etc, and during 90 minutes of our games, sorry should've been a bit clearer. 

I think the concern is, unless we shout loud then surely nothing will change. A half-baked whimper cements the status quo. 

12 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

The club would do well to remember that they actually suffered a DROP in season ticket sales at the start of this season, compared with the season before. They were fortunate to an extent with the Man U game, a once in a generation cup tie, that attracted hundreds to sign up to memberships and half-season tickets. Can't bank on that happening every season. 

Barring promotion then I suspect the club will be looking at a DROP in season ticket sales again this season when compared to the final amount sold this season (over 16k?)

What an absolutely stupid time to mess about with the pricing, at the precise moment you've managed to get thousands of new/returning season ticket holders/members. 

Mods can we pin this to Mark Ashtons forehead?

5 minutes ago, Fontaineofallknowledge said:

Why are people trying To financially harm the club-I for one am happy to pay more as we need to fund better players for next seasons promotion push. Really don’t get some people-either support the club or don’t!

Are you mental? Many people can barely afford football as it is, this price hike is above the rate of inflation and is an attempt at social engineering, trying to force young fans out of the posh seats so they can fill it with daytrippers ready to spend hundreds.

Just because you're alright doesn't mean everyone else is.

Why are the club trying to financially harm me?

4 minutes ago, Fontaineofallknowledge said:

Why are people trying To financially harm the club-I for one am happy to pay more as we need to fund better players for next seasons promotion push. Really don’t get some people-either support the club or don’t!

Your missing the point. If all sc’s had gone up by the same percentage we’d all have a little moan then buy our tickets.

its the unfair greedy way they are treating people. It shows a lack of concern and loyalty for the fans

2 hours ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Realistically, does any actually think the club will do anything to change this given they are ready to start selling next week?

Unfortunately not ( see my previous posts) but I’m sure they’ll put out some bullshit statement in “Ashton” speak which will be nothing but , well, Bullshit. 

3 minutes ago, GasDestroyer said:

Just imagine how this will backfire on them if they sell Read, Flint and Bryan etc in the close season - you potentially have a massive backlash building here. It is a bit like agreeing to buy a 2.0 litre super charged V12 car and they deliver a 2.0 litre mondeo.

Here in lines a massive part of the problem. Most fans will want the players you mentioned offered much improved wages to stay with us. 

6 minutes ago, Fontaineofallknowledge said:

This is about the many and not the few. No matter what you say, the fans are the club and are bigger than the club. The pricing strategy was a clear example of the club thinking they can do what they want after 1 good season. We are bigger than the club, and this is our club as much as it is anyone else's. We'll be here long after many of them will be gone. Stand with your community. 

42 minutes ago, Head&Shoulders said:

Huge overreaction from the majority here IMO. 

Dont get me wrong, I do understand the frustration but nobody is being forced anywhere. If you desperately want the same seats as you've had for this season then you pay the necessary price (baring in mind let's not forget, what young child aged 12 or under actually cares where they really sit or whether they have a season ticket or not, it's the parent that's more bothered). However If you don't want to pay the necessary price and want last years prices then move your seats... simple. No need for "national papers" and "protests/banners" :clapping: Still brilliant value for money compared to plenty of other clubs, I for one will definitely be renewing (and for the record I will be moving with my boy to the upper lansdown where the view is fantastic)

Well let’s hope next season they decide the Upper Lansdown is for Away fans only and all those currently with season tickets there can move to the Atyeo Stand. Head and Shoulders or whatever you call yourself won’t be getting much sympathy here. 

Whatever happened to sticking together ? I’m alright Jack seems to be the modern way ! 

4 minutes ago, BristolIsRed said:

This is about the many and not the few. No matter what you say, the fans are the club and are bigger than the club. The pricing strategy was a clear example of the club thinking they can do what they want after 1 good season. We are bigger than the club, and this is our club as much as it is anyone else's. We'll be here long after many of them will be gone. Stand with your community. 

Whatever you say comrade. But if we don’t increase revenue how are we going to reach the promised land? Or u fancy league 1 football again?

4 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

I've already suggested  no flag/No vocals from S82 and a concession boycott.

Not that I think anyone will follow it.

I might leave a massive log in trap 2 without flushing. That'll show them.

What can actually get in to lay a log! Would not happen in the lansdown unless you joined a q for the entire first half

1 hour ago, Harry said:

I thought I’d separate this out from the main Season Ticket prices thread, as the anger therein still has many a course to run. 

There is clearly a lot of anger in a number of aspects of the season ticket rollout. Child tickets, Pensioner tickets, Disabled tickets, early announcement, short deadline etc etc. It’s fair to say this has not been received very well in most quarters. 

Lets leave the anger within the main thread. I want to start this thread as an opportunity for fans to suggest and then further construct ideas as to what we as a fanbase can do about this. 

Whether this is some form of protest, boycott, direct action, withholding support/purchases etc. 

One thing is for sure, there is almost unanimous disappointment & bafflement over these decisions and we need to take some form of direct action to make sure we are all stood up and counted. 

Football without fans is nothing. Let’s not let them divide & conquer. We need to unite and fight. 

No idea is a bad idea. Throw it in the mix and others might improve it and make it work. 

Suggestions please..................

I am happy and getting my ticket renewed Monday. I am sorry if this upsets some people, but on a personal level there is absolutely nothing wrong with what I am being offered. 

1 minute ago, Fontaineofallknowledge said:

Whatever you say comrade. But if we don’t increase revenue how are we going to reach the promised land? Or u fancy league 1 football again?

Spending money on big contracts and expensive players doesn't guarantee promotion.

Personally couldn't give a shit about being in the premier league, the club and the community around it is much more important to me.

3 minutes ago, Fontaineofallknowledge said:

Amazon didn't increase revenue by increasing prices. There are other ways. 

4 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

It shows a lack of concern and loyalty for the fans

It shows a degree of contempt for the recurring customer it would be difficult to find in any other business - because the club thinks (probably rightly) that almost everyone will eventually renew their season ticket.

If Hargreaves Lansdown made comparable changes I could move my money to one of a number of different competitors. But if I decide not to renew my season ticket, there's no directly comparable alternative I can replace City with. 

I'm personally only affected by the very high price rise in the centre of the Dolman (and the offensively early deadline for making my mind up and paying for a service I can't enjoy for almost five months). But a few years ago I still had STs for my children, whilst a number of my companions didn't have children. So I can really empathise with those who are caught by the changes to the children's prices.

I'll probably end up renewing in spite of all this, because the guy I've been watching City with since 1984 wants to renew and I wouldn't want to 'abandon' him. But BS is doing a pretty good job of trying to lose me as a customer.

As for protests, I wouldn't want to do anything that could affect the players. But a boycott of the concessions is a good start - and I quite like the idea of some sort of card display - just not while the game is on.

14 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Also, if the club really wanted to maximise revenues from the most expensive stand then why is the family area in the Lansdown at all?

It just doesn’t stack up.

Good point. I don't know any 12 year olds who need the leg room and seat girth I do - they simply won't benefit unless they are doubling up in the seats. It definately would make more sense if were housed in the Dolman They can have my Dolman seat, and I'll pay over my £499 for a seat in the middle of the Upper Landsown. Just above the press seats will do - close enough so I can call out Gregor McGregor occasionally :)

I've had a bad feeling since they openned the Lansdown and gave over all of the real premium seats in the lower tier to corporate hospitality (which until quite recently have been seldom anywhere near full), and refused to make the middle Upper tier seats available for season card holders at all. I mean, here's a lovely new stand, but you can't have any of the best seats. Thanks.

51 minutes ago, Head&Shoulders said:

Huge overreaction from the majority here IMO. 

Dont get me wrong, I do understand the frustration but nobody is being forced anywhere. If you desperately want the same seats as you've had for this season then you pay the necessary price (baring in mind let's not forget, what young child aged 12 or under actually cares where they really sit or whether they have a season ticket or not, it's the parent that's more bothered). However If you don't want to pay the necessary price and want last years prices then move your seats... simple. No need for "national papers" and "protests/banners" :clapping: Still brilliant value for money compared to plenty of other clubs, I for one will definitely be renewing (and for the record I will be moving with my boy to the upper lansdown where the view is fantastic)

My boy does, he has Downs Syndrome & so with this has sensory issues along with other issues that mean it has been challenging at times with his match day experience. My seat, Elliott’s seat & my brother seat ( Lower Lansdown W12 )were purposely picked/advised with Elliott’s disabilities in mind ( by Gareth - Disability Officer ).  It took time, but to see that little boys confidence grow from walking through the fan zone, to entering the stadium, wanting to show the staff his ticket & knowing where he is going to sit has been amazing.   As well as starting to feel comfortable with the fans/staff around him. Routine is key for Elliott & now potentially this for some unknown ( known) reason has been thrown out the window. So yes, my boy does care where he sits, in his mind it’s his seat where he can watch Bobby & Joe! COYR 

Having been involved in managing implementation of strategies that would be deeply unpopular with ‘customers’, I’m surprised the Club haven’t better managed the strategy and associated PR. 

I can see the Club’s logic in encouraging concessions to populate certain parts of the ground, leaving prime spots for full paying customers. Why though wasn’t this approach made clear from Day 1of stadium redevelopment? 

Given that didn’t happen, there should have been full engagement with affected parties and, critically, sensitive management of the roll out of the bad news. At the very least they should have fully explained why they’ve done it, the benefits to the Club and it’s supporters. Either phasing implementation or just softening the blow with staged price increases could of helped. 

Most odd. Almost as if an ‘us and them’ culture has developed and become ingrained at the Club. Obviously eternally grateful for SL (and family) and the tens of millions that’s been pumped into the Club. Clearly, the objective in making the Club as self supporting cash-wise as a football club can be, is laudable.  The management’, though, seem to have lost sight of the need to work together with the ‘customers’  and have instead adopted an authoritarian, ‘we’ll do what we want’ approach. 

Pity. 

Archived