IGNORED

SEASON TICKET PRICES (Merged)

RedM

12 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Despite a general improvement in the playing side and infrastructure.. Bristol Sport still don’t quite ‘get it’ do they.

It’s pretty concerning they appeared to just ignore SCAT, FAN and SLO ideas on pricing. These are groups and individuals who do understand what fans want, foolish to ignore them.

Don't think it's unfair at this point to say that Bristol Sport really don't give a shit about us. They want to maximise revenue and that's that.

What this screams to me is that your value to the club is determined by how much you're willing to spend.

6 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Precisely. Haven’t said too much on this one because most people seem to be summing up what I would say far better than I would. 

I think some aspects of the Bristol Sport model are great, but their repeated gaffes over things like this (not to mention things like St George flag-gate) really are very poor.

How did a, presumably, group of people come to this consensus thinking it would be popular?

Genuinely don't know.  They aren't thick people.  Although intelligence doesn't grant you with empathy or common sense.  Maybe they genuinely feel people will look at it and think "Oh, the cheaper seats have moved elsewhere so we'll have to go there".

That simply speaks of not understanding what fans do on a match day.  The friendships and acquaintances you build etc.

2 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Precisely. Haven’t said too much on this one because most people seem to be summing up what I would say far better than I would. 

I think some aspects of the Bristol Sport model are great, but their repeated gaffes over things like this (not to mention things like St George flag-gate) really are very poor.

How did a, presumably, group of people come to this consensus thinking it would be popular?

Because if they get all the regulars and children into the cheap seats, if we did go up the POTD tickets for the Plastics would be extortionate ££££££££

SL is a businessman not in it for the popularity of the people, he is in it to serve his own ego (build a PL football club) and not lose too much on the way. You don't get to be a billionaire by being a nice guy. 

1 minute ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

Because if they get all the regulars and children into the cheap seats, if we did go up the POTD tickets for the Plastics would be extortionate ££££££££

SL is a businessman not in it for the popularity of the people, he is in it to serve his own ego (build a PL football club) and not lose too much on the way. You don't get to be a billionaire by being a nice guy. 

A businessman who's made many mistakes.  Here's another.

2 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Maybe they feel they can bury this news on a week when feeling is already bad given recent results.

In an ideal world for them we’d get the win at the weekend and end up in the playoffs.. soon enough those moaning fans would forget about the ticket prices!

Depends if you have the money or not really.

3 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Maybe they feel they can bury this news on a week when feeling is already bad given recent results.

In an ideal world for them we’d get the win at the weekend and end up in the playoffs.. soon enough those moaning fans would forget about the ticket prices!

A 10% rise you whinge and swallow it.

But this?  Some will simply have no choice.  That's quite possibly it for them.

2 minutes ago, RUSSEL85 said:

Depends if you have the money or not really.

I must state for the avoidance of doubt that that isn’t my thinking, but what BS’s could be.

Given my posting history on similar issues i’m sure most on here won’t be shocked to learn I’m very disappointed to see these prices.. but not surprised.

A club for the community or consumers? I ignore the wider commercial aspects of this culture within football but there is a limit. The football club is an extension of the community. I know we're culpable by buying into the premier league dream but the wider financial exploitation of fans leaves a sour taste. 

56 minutes ago, Blagdon red said:

SC&T statement (saving you clicking the link):

"The Supporters Club & Trust are somewhat baffled by the timing and pricing strategy for the 2018/19 season tickets. In what appears to be a concerted effort to free up arguably the best and most lucrative seats, the impact has fallen squarely on parents with children under 12 who are facing an increase in price for the child’s seat from £50 currently to £335 next season if they wish to stay where they sit at present, often with other family members and friends. Whilst we were not consulted in this instance, FAN was asked for opinions in January but not given the opportunity to offer any feedback on the proposed pricing structure before it was announced yesterday. We have all been taken a bit by surprise, especially with just 3 weeks to find the cash to retain our seats when the season still has 2 months to run.

We recognise that the entry-level price to watch, what will at least be Championship (or possibly Premier League) football, is still good. What is hard to reconcile is that this decision impacts hardest the loyal supporters who are bringing their kids along to a stadium that is not sold out each week. Whilst we all want success for our football club, we would argue that this should not come at any price.

Come on the Bristol City Board, we urge you to revise your thinking on this one. Withdraw these proposals and commit to some meaningful consultation by meeting with fans next Wednesday evening at 7.30pm in the Supporters Bar."

Have to say I am full of admiration for the unpaid work which the SC&T carry out on behalf of supporters.

IF the club had put these proposed price increases for families to the SC&T before announcing them, my possible compromise proposal would be as follows.

Existing ticket holders - renew at similar price increases as incurred by others.

New applications - prices as proposed by club.

That way at least you wouldn't have the ridiculous and unfair scenario of parents facing the choice of massive increases, or moving away from people they have sat with for years.

If BS have any sense, they will retract the proposed increases and go with something like this, but then, if they had any sense they might have consulted - in the proper sense of the word - with supporter groups in the first place.

16 minutes ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

Maybe not, but you don't shit on people below you who have paid in.

17 hours ago, m42 said:

I am spitting feathers over these Lansdown Central season ticket 17% price  increases AND the timing AND the short notice AND the apparent removal of the U19 category.  I'm coming up to 67 years old and have been bringing my 16 year old grandson to Ashton Gate since he was 4 years old.  And I have a 180 mile round trip for home games which works out at almost £500's worth of fuel per annum.  Looks like I'll be ringing the ticket office tomorrow to ask what the hell is going on.  I'm thinking it'll be a season ticket for Solihull Moors next season.  A snip at £105!!  And no travelling.

So I rang the Ticket Office this afternoon and spoke to a very sympathetic listener who suggested I email supporterservices@bristol-sport.co.uk.  So I did.  No reply as yet but then I expect they have been inundated with responses of an angry nature over this crass decision.  Their best way out of this, in my view, is to suspend the idea of no Juniors or U19s in the Lansdown Central until the 2019-2020 season to give those of us affected a chance to think what the best way forward would be.

2 minutes ago, m42 said:

So I rang the Ticket Office this afternoon and spoke to a very sympathetic listener who suggested I email supporterservices@bristol-sport.co.uk.  So I did.  No reply as yet but then I expect they have been inundated with responses of an angry nature over this crass decision.  Their best way out of this, in my view, is to suspend the idea of no Juniors or U19s in the Lansdown Central until the 2019-2020 season to give those of us affected a chance to think what the best way forward would be.

Possibly.  But what if we get promoted?  They'll have nobody to all all those prawns they've got on order.

• SC&T Board Members
7 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Please keep us updated as I will be interested in attending this. 

Our meeting will go ahead and you are very welcome to join us. All of our meetings are open to all City fans.

Who will be present from the club remains to be seen, although I understand that Matt is back at work next week. Hopefully he won't be left to take the flak all on his own. Clearly he's not responsible for these proposed prices.

6 minutes ago, Blagdon red said:

Our meeting will go ahead and you are very welcome to join us. All of our meetings are open to all City fans.

Who will be present from the club remains to be seen, although I understand that Matt is back at work next week. Hopefully he won't be left to take the flak all on his own. Clearly he's not responsible for these proposed prices.

Just my 2p - it might not be fair of me, but until we see that Matt has any kind of influence I'd take his attendance as a minor sideshow.  I'm sure he will want to do a great job, but we'd be foolish to expect his impact to be any greater than a cursory email to the ticket office.

Let's be honest - they've just appointed Matt (not independently) and they allow this to happen without him engaging on the subject.  Shows they see the role as a necessary inconvenience of some sort.

11 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

Maybe not, but you don't shit on people below you who have paid in.

I'm not defending him at all. I'm pointing out that we should not be surprised by this decision whilst SL and BS run this club. Some people love spouting what a great owner he is and how lucky we are. The man is in it for himself imo and will keep us onside only whilst he sees it beneficial. He wants PL football and we are just Pawns...expendable.  

1 minute ago, CotswoldRed said:

Possibly.  But what if we get promoted?  They'll have nobody to all all those prawns they've got on order.

Ha! Cotswold Red.  I always try to be a glass half full sort of bloke but as much as my heart would love us to go up, my head says not this season.  We would need to win at least 8 of our last 12 games to make the play-offs.  I've loved this season with all the excitement and the weeks in the Top 6 and the 12 appearances on Sky.  We will be in the Championship for a 4th consecutive season.  That's my bottom line.  Even if I am watching Solihull Moors next season!!

3 minutes ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

I'm not defending him at all. I'm pointing out that we should not be surprised by this decision whilst SL and BS run this club. Some people love spouting what a great owner he is and how lucky we are. The man is in it for himself imo and will keep us onside only whilst he sees it beneficial. He wants PL football and we are just Pawns...expendable.  

January says not as much as some.

5 minutes ago, Blagdon red said:

I was just going to make the point about @Matt Parsons BCFCSLO , people are asking him to respond. In case  people have missed it,on this long thread he did, post #277. He is on leave at the moment, back next Monday as he stated. He is going to face the complaints, but he doesn’t  set the prices as he said. I think it’s actually quite cowardly by the club doing this with no proper consultation with the groups and then probably leaving it to the SLO to try to smooth over. I’ve met Matt, he is a good guy, I know he is employed by the club so difficult for him but let’s get him on side with this.

I have contacted the FSF who have said they are aware of the season ticket issues with Bristol City and request all affected fans to email info@fsf.org.uk with their details and price hikes etc. They are looking at taking it up with the club but need info from fans. 

If you have been affected then please contact them. 

info@fsf.org.uk

2 hours ago, The Original OTIB said:

Another rather obvious point here is that if the regime get what they want and ALL  the kids are up top in the Lansdown, it is rather more likely to get feistier and more belligerent elsewhere. I've seen it many times where having children around makes a lot of people moderate their behaviour. Not always, but in the main I think it does.

I suspect more incidents in other sections of the ground going forward if this offspring cleansing goes ahead.

I agree with this. Behind my seat there is 2 children around 6 years old and I’m far less vocal with them there than I would be if they wasn’t. 

44 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

It’s probably the same group of people that thought Comic Sans would look great on the training tops.

2 minutes ago, Wilksi said:

I have contacted the FSF who have said they are aware of the season ticket issues with Bristol City and request all affected fans to email info@fsf.org.uk with their details and price hikes etc. They are looking at taking it up with the club but need info from fans. 

If you have been affected then please contact them. 

info@fsf.org.uk

Is there something the Supporters Club and Trust and the FAN can take to the club as well??  Just trying to hit them from as many angles as possible. @Dollymarie

Archived