IGNORED

SEASON TICKET PRICES (Merged)

RedM

I’ve not read all 20 pages or worked out %ages. We’re in the South Stand and I guess we’ll renew.

Not that bad a view and we get to support FF or bait the opposition keeper at close range - and we know the bastard hears us;)

My take on this? The c word. Contempt. Lansdown, Bristol Sport and all those connected with “the investment” don’t give a shit.

Loyalty counts for nothing. All supporters are now are consumers. Or individuals to sell to and make money from.

They can **** off if they think we’ll spend in any of the concessions next season. It’ll be multi packs of BM chocolate bars from now on.

A bunch of clowns. Duck ‘em. 

16 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

Indeed not: let's remind ourselves of his former popularity (followed by 6 years out of football before going to Oxford)

http://www.watfordobserver.co.uk/sport/3995357.A_period_that_few_will_miss/

Take from that what you will.  Didn't remind me of Mother Theresa.

But then the job soured for Richard Walker.

He felt he could not face the club’s spin culture every day and resigned, despite the fact he did not have another job to go to.

14 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

If required I'll gladly chip in to keep you and your lad where you are Dave.

Ha, kind gesture, thanks.  As I said, I can afford it, just don’t think it’s value for money for a 13 year old.....plus my 9 year old daughter will want something in return if she gets wind of it :P

13 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

I am sure if ST's are not taken up en mass, they might reconsider the pricing policy, but big new stadiums come at a cost, as does a successful football team knocking on the door to the biggest league in football, we need to attract top players and they come at a cost, so you really have to pay for it. A Season Ticket still represents great value, if you really want the Old Third Division days without all seater stadiums  awful food and beers, and a team that doesn't inspire...there's always the other lot.:whistle:

£255 or £335 for a 13 year old in the Lansdown, up from £99....I disagree.  Even £70 increase for many others is a serious hike!

11 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

7:30 on Wednesday in the Supporters Club and Trust bar :)  

Yes, I should be fine for that...it’s in my diary.

2 minutes ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

I’ve not read all 20 pages or worked out %ages. We’re in the South Stand and I guess we’ll renew.

Not that bad a view and we get to support FF or bait the opposition keeper at close range - and we know the bastard hears us;)

My take on this? The c word. Contempt. Lansdown, Bristol Sport and all those connected with “the investment” don’t give a shit.

Loyalty counts for nothing. All supporters are now are consumers. Or individuals to sell to and make money from.

They can **** off if they think we’ll spend in any of the concessions next season. It’ll be multi packs of BM chocolate bars from now on.

Your choice BigAl but perhaps you could put it off for a week for the greater good?

• SC&T Board Members
9 minutes ago, lenred said:

Interesting article here, especially the comments about English fans being 'clients' which I can only agree with unfortunately.  

30, 0000 fans didn't turn up at Borussia Dortmund in protest at Monday night football, real action.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43235571?ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbc_match_of_the_day&ns_source=facebook&ns_linkname=sport

Oh for a CEO who spoke this way!

"We have 81,000 spectators every match - apart from Monday. But we have 28,000 standing places, where the cost of tickets is between 11 and 14 euros. That is the Borussia Dortmund way.

"At the moment there is more money in England but maybe, in 20 or 50 years, we will, perhaps, be able to say our way was the better way.

"It is important what your fans think."

The difference is that Watzke himself used to stand on the terraces and buys into the culture every bit as much as the club's members do.

2 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

Your choice BigAl but perhaps you could put it off for a week for the greater good?

Agree.

"Season cards will go on sale from Monday, March 5th at 10am, with existing seats reserved until Monday, March 19th at 9.30am."

No rush BigAl. Your tickets are reserved until 19th March. SC&T are meeting on Wednesday. Would be great to wait to see what influence they have.

4 minutes ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

5 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

I’m in no rush and perhaps I should have read through the lot. What’s happening over the next week? 

Doesn’t change my view of Lansdown, Ashton et al. Clowns full of contempt.....

3 hours ago, GrenadaRed said:

Anyone had responses from any messages they have sent to officials about this?  

I have had a response from Matt Parsons and the FSF, but nothing from my mail to Mark Ashton.  Anyone heard from anyone at the club, especially Mr Ashton, Jon Lansdown, Adam Baker, etc?  

570% increase for my sons seat, I still can't believe it!

Tried emailing Mark Ashton and it bounced. So I emailed the following at Bristol Sport and no response as of yet:

'Caroline.Herbert@bristol-sport.co.uk'; 'Rachel.Lemar@Bristol-Sport.co.uk'; 'lisa.knights@bristol-sport.co.uk'

My main gripe (as I don't have kids) is the complete lack of notice. Times are hard and giving loyal fans a little over 2 weeks to gather almost £400 at the drop of a hat is simply not possible. All well and good offering 'pay monthly' schemes, but you incur additional charges for this too. As a someone looking for a first time mortgage, I can't have yet more direct debits, so at present I simply can't afford to renew.

3 minutes ago, Red Grovesy said:

Agree.

"Season cards will go on sale from Monday, March 5th at 10am, with existing seats reserved until Monday, March 19th at 9.30am."

No rush BigAl. Your tickets are reserved until 19th March. SC&T are meeting on Wednesday. Would be great to wait to see what influence they have.

Thanks. Will do. Would be great if they do.

My feeling? Nothing will change. Bristol Sport doesn’t give a flying ****.

Prove me wrong and I’ll be delighted :fingerscrossed:

2 hours ago, CotswoldRed said:

It is quite stunning.

Unable to forsee the ill-feeling and anger this pricing decision would create, they now have no idea how to handle the outfall.

Unfortunately they do - it's the usual corporate way of dealing with fall-out - "let's stay silent and ignore for as long s we can".

I agree with what you say - "the suits" underestimated the indignation and anger it would generate and the very vocal  backlash.

If you try to make such important decisions simply by crunching numbers, you're gonna get your numbers crunched.

2 minutes ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

Thanks. Will do. Would be great if they do.

My feeling? Nothing will change. Bristol Sport doesn’t give a flying ****.

Prove me wrong and I’ll be delighted :fingerscrossed:

Many will join the Concession boycott. Popular idea throughout this thread.  I'll recoup that way if they want to play hard ball. Ars*holes.

8 minutes ago, Blagdon red said:

Oh for a CEO who spoke this way!

"We have 81,000 spectators every match - apart from Monday. But we have 28,000 standing places, where the cost of tickets is between 11 and 14 euros. That is the Borussia Dortmund way.

"At the moment there is more money in England but maybe, in 20 or 50 years, we will, perhaps, be able to say our way was the better way.

"It is important what your fans think."

The difference is that Watzke himself used to stand on the terraces and buys into the culture every bit as much as the club's members do.

Indeed mate, if only indeed!

We are constantly told that SL and JL are true supporters of the club, yet all I ever hear is of discord between supporters and the club hierarchy. Surely they can see that this needs fixing - urgently - and that relations as a whole between fans and club need to be improved.  Still not heard anything from the club and it's a disgrace. 

49 minutes ago, marmite said:

You are deliberately missing the point on this. You stated previously that you used to bring 4 kids to quid a kid games, but you would not if it was 20 quid a kid. That proves that excessive overpricing does not put bums on seats, quite the contrary by your own admission.

They subsidise certain groups because in the case of children, everything else is pretty much full-price, e.g. concessions.  You don’t get a kids pie for a fraction of the adult pie, there is no kids equivalent.  Crap analogy I know, but the more bums on seats the more revenue they make in the ground, where the margins will be decent I suspect.  They aren’t $tupid.

40 minutes ago, Olé said:

You could certainly argue that cheap kids seats are heavily subsidised but that is true all over the ground and is a strategy for securing fans of the future - it's not done simply out of generosity, it's done with the express purpose of creating a longer term revenue opportunity for the club.

Why would the club do that, only to double (or more) prices for kids just a year later? Unless all the children of South Bristol have done a Tom Hanks in Big and grown up overnight are are now in full time employment, it's basically reversing the attempt to retain kids before it's succeeded.

And we can all guess the reasons for removing that "subsidy" (your word - "incentive" my word) selectively across the ground. Regardless, fans were moved from pillar to post during the re-build and in the first settled season of the new stadium they were incentivised into these blocks.

Just a year later they're being basically told to do one again. That lacks class and smacks (not for the first time where City administration is concerned) of short-sighted planning on a whim. If the club wanted to price fans in and out of certain areas why didn't they do so from day one?

Exactly this....although I do think they subsidise to sell more concessions

16 minutes ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

....and they won’t be searching your "large rucksack" for pyro, it’ll be searched for chocolate....confiscated....and re-sold at the concessions!!

Interestingly Vue Cinemas who allow 2 Carers with a disabled person, also openly add in their T&Cs that food and drink purchased elsewhere is allowed to be consumed on their premises.  None of the others openly state this.  

10 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

Many will join the Concession boycott. Popular idea throughout this thread.  I'll recoup that way if they want to play hard ball. Ars*holes.

I'll take sandwiches if I have to

.....and pretend that it's prawns :whistle:

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

They subsidise certain groups because in the case of children, everything else is pretty much full-price, e.g. concessions.  You don’t get a kids pie for a fraction of the adult pie, there is no kids equivalent.  Crap analogy I know, but the more bums on seats the more revenue they make in the ground, where the margins will be decent I suspect.  They aren’t $tupid.

Exactly this....although I do think they subsidise to sell more concessions

....and they won’t be searching your "large rucksack" for pyro, it’ll be searched for chocolate....confiscated....and re-sold at the concessions!!

Interestingly Vue Cinemas who allow 2 Carers with a disabled person, also openly add in their T&Cs that food and drink purchased elsewhere is allowed to be consumed on their premises.  None of the others openly state this.  

I've lost all faith in your judgement, Dave :)

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

.... also openly add in their T&Cs that food and drink purchased elsewhere is allowed to be consumed on their premises.  None of the others openly state this.  

That applies to all disabled (wheelchair) people in all cinemas (unofficially) as they're too scared to check a wheelchair for concealed contraband ;)

3 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

That applies to all disabled (wheelchair) people in all cinemas (unofficially) as they're too scared to check a wheelchair for concealed contraband ;)

When going through airport security last year, we found Joe has a toolset stowed under his seat!  Oops!

I usually spend £10-£15 each game in the concourse on a few pints & occasionally something to eat. 

I think I’ll stop this from Saturday, and a few of my mates probably will do as well. Not a lot in the grand scheme of things, but if plenty more stop then it will soon add up. 

Archived