IGNORED

SEASON TICKET PRICES (Merged)

RedM

I'm surprised they don't have a student price. But anyone above 18 I think it's good pricing for them. When I had a season ticket anyone above 18 was classed as a adult prices. There loyalty with membership is rubbish & they have been told this. I mean I will give them a price of 12 year old seat for just membership but none of this I  got to have attended so many home games. They don't state this with membership at start of season before a ball is kicked. For Loyalty membership after season ticket holders. 

1 hour ago, Dollymarie said:

Mark Ashton has confirmed he is going to attend next Wednesday, so can I urge as many of you as possible to come to next Wednesdays SC&T meeting in the Supporters Bar (upstairs in the sports bar) at 7:30. 

This is good news, but unless they suspend sales on Monday until after his meeting I genuinely don’t see what difference it will make. He will just attend and try to justify it. 

Are children allowed to attend?  Thinking about bringing them along. 

1 hour ago, Dollymarie said:

Mark Ashton has confirmed he is going to attend next Wednesday, so can I urge as many of you as possible to come to next Wednesdays SC&T meeting in the Supporters Bar (upstairs in the sports bar) at 7:30. 

@Dollymarie Great work in dragging his sorry arse to be accountable to the fan base

Also do the S C & T have a public stance or official response to this whole sorry debacle? 

2 minutes ago, Wilksi said:

This is good news, but unless they suspend sales on Monday until after his meeting I genuinely don’t see what difference it will make. He will just attend and try to justify it. 

Are children allowed to attend?  Thinking about bringing them along. 

Yep. Bring them along by all means. Need as varied a fan base as possible there

2 minutes ago, RaspberryRed said:

@Dollymarie Great work in dragging his sorry arse to be accountable to the fan base

Also do the S C & T have a public stance or official response to this whole sorry debacle? 

Yes. We published this yesterday :) 

http://bristolcitysupporters.org/1130-2/

4 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

Thanks Dolls. I really hope something can be sorted. 

Since some of the SC&T agree that fans shouldn’t renew until after this meeting, could there be an updated statement drawn up and published to advise fans of this? I think this would be a huge benefit in the campaign. 

3 minutes ago, Wilksi said:

Thanks Dolls. I really hope something can be sorted. 

Since some of the SC&T agree that fans shouldn’t renew until after this meeting, could there be an updated statement drawn up and published to advise fans of this? I think this would be a huge benefit in the campaign. 

We are working on stuff behind the scenes currently. I’m sure if and when we can make other announcements, we will. 

17 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

We are working on stuff behind the scenes currently. I’m sure if and when we can make other announcements, we will. 

Ok. Thank you. It’s just just silence from the club is disconcerting. 

12 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

This is gonna leave a bitter taste in the mouth regardless of the outcome...

Fans pissed off either way. Plus a mainly empty lower Lansdown if we are still in the championship next season. 

I'm no fan of the Prem and SL/MA are just underlining what Prem will mean to the sense of community and club. 

Add to that impossible parking and diving every 2 minutes per match and pandering to fairweather fans. 

I don't know what all the fuss is about. Give me the football league any day. 

On 28/02/2018 at 13:25, The Original OTIB said:

Really?

BRISTOL CITY FOOTBALL CLUB EQUALITY

Bristol City Football Club is determined to treat with equal consideration all supporters regardless of gender, race or ethnic origin, age, religious belief, sexual orientation, disability or any other unjustifiable reason. 

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/fanzone/supporter-guides/club-charter/

• Admin

Bristol City Football Club is determined to treat with equal consideration all supporters regardless of gender, race or ethnic origin, age, religious belief, sexual orientation, disability or any other unjustifiable reason.

Being devils advocate, couldn’t that mean everyone being treated the same, so no discounts?

10 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

That reads as if all children's tickets have gone from £50 to £335. Those in the SS have not changed. Be careful not to mislead or you lose credibility.

Certain groups have been hit hard, those in the SS have a good deal. Concentrate on the facts where people have been hit, don't over egg it for dramatic effect.

20 minutes ago, Drew Peacock said:

That reads as if all children's tickets have gone from £50 to £335. Those in the SS have not changed. Be careful not to mislead or you lose credibility.

Certain groups have been hit hard, those in the SS have a good deal. Concentrate on the facts where people have been hit, don't over egg it for dramatic effect.

That's a fair comment.

Statements should be factual - "If a child/family wishes to stay in their current seats in the Lower Lansdown they are being forced to move by prohibitive prices."

http://bristolcitysupporters.org/1136-2/

It is clear from the outpouring of anger and sheer disbelief on social media, in the media, through the FSF, via FAN and directly to us that the decision to force families to relocate their season tickets or face price increases of over 300%, is deeply unpopular. This is the feeling amongst the wider fan base, not just those directly affected.

We are talking with the Football Club officials to urge them to reconsider. Part of that ongoing dialogue is to meet with them next Wednesday, so we would urge all City fans not to rush to renew their season tickets on Monday whilst these conversations continue to take place. We also believe the right approach would be for the club to suspend early bird sales.

Join us in waiting. Let our club know that collectively fans do have a voice. #fansnotclients

35 minutes ago, thatcham red said:

http://bristolcitysupporters.org/1136-2/

It is clear from the outpouring of anger and sheer disbelief on social media, in the media, through the FSF, via FAN and directly to us that the decision to force families to relocate their season tickets or face price increases of over 300%, is deeply unpopular. This is the feeling amongst the wider fan base, not just those directly affected.

We are talking with the Football Club officials to urge them to reconsider. Part of that ongoing dialogue is to meet with them next Wednesday, so we would urge all City fans not to rush to renew their season tickets on Monday whilst these conversations continue to take place. We also believe the right approach would be for the club to suspend early bird sales.

Join us in waiting. Let our club know that collectively fans do have a voice. #fansnotclients

I appreciate fans don't like moving seats, but surely the only reason the children tickets are not available in the lower Lansdown is down to the fact the club want all children and families to sit in the upper family stand.  After a few games of sitting in a different place, it will soon fill like home.  I was a Dolman man for over twenty years, now I'm a South Stander, and all is fine.

Family stand tickets in the Lansdown are still very cheap and all the kids will be able to cheer together / make each game like a big party!

The only answer is that every season ticket holder holds their nerve and doesn’t buy a ticket until the club address the pricing issues, it’s the only way to make a statement and hit them where it hurts.  Unfortunately people will worry they won’t get their seat and feel pressure to do whatever the club tells them to do.  Hold your nerve and don’t be a sheep!

7 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

I appreciate fans don't like moving seats, but surely the only reason the children tickets are not available in the lower Lansdown is down to the fact the club want all children and families to sit in the upper family stand.  After a few games of sitting in a different place, it will soon fill like home.  I was a Dolman man for over twenty years, now I'm a South Stander, and all is fine.

Family stand tickets in the Lansdown are still very cheap and all the kids will be able to cheer together / make each game like a big party!

So, BCFC, come out and say so and explain the reasons clearly.

5 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

The only answer is that every season ticket holder holds their nerve and doesn’t buy a ticket until the club address the pricing issues, it’s the only way to make a statement and hit them where it hurts.  Unfortunately people will worry they won’t get their seat and feel pressure to do whatever the club tells them to do.  Hold your nerve and don’t be a sheep!

It's not just the pricing issue that bothers me. 

There has been no detail on loyalty scheme and how memberships fit in with loyalty scheme. 

I don't want to pay £500ish to find out I have less priority than someone who has gone to a few long distance away games.

I also want to know if there is discount on merchandise and cider. Another reason I'm a season card holder.

4 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

So, BCFC, come out and say so and explain the reasons clearly.

Surely though it's implied by the pricing structure.  The rest of the ground and the family stand still offer child prices (and under 19's) at very good rates.

Not sure why there is so much consternation about having to buy seats in different stands if wanting to make the saving on child tickets.  New friendships will be forged, everybody will still be watching the same game, fans can meet up with their former match companions either before or after the game.

16 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

I understand what you are saying but - I go with a few mates and sit in the Lower Lansdown. One mate takes their daughter, so six adults and one youngster from 5 different families. I'm not sure we could all move to the upper family stand (or would want to move).

21 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Surely though it's implied by the pricing structure.  The rest of the ground and the family stand still offer child prices (and under 19's) at very good rates.

Not sure why there is so much consternation about having to buy seats in different stands if wanting to make the saving on child tickets.  New friendships will be forged, everybody will still be watching the same game, fans can meet up with their former match companions either before or after the game.

Well put.  But if we don't go to the Prem we'll have thousands of children and families where they don;t want to be with a relatively empty stand beneath them.

The club will have huge egg on face and many unhappy punters no longer on-side with the club or its management.

The club management are getting carried away with their own hype.  I don't see Rovers making contingency for the Championship and I think they have more chance of getting there than we have of the Prem.

If we got to the Prem this year we'd be minted/loaded and the ticket sales would be a drop in the ocean.  They could always then make adjustments for season 2 in the prem, remembering which fans have been here through thick and thin and giving them priority and sympathy for future changes.

The proposed changes are simply about rolling the dice on getting to the Prem.  A roll of the dice that might net us, say, an extra million quid if we DO get to the Prem.  I say a million ( I think I'm over estimating here) as it will enable them the greatest flexibility in providing expensive tickets.  (Our current total season ticket sales are about 3 to 4 million). 

So, a million extra quid if we get to the Prem (small fry) or piss everyone off if we (likely) stay in the championship.

14 minutes ago, Red Grovesy said:

I understand what you are saying but - I go with a few mates and sit in the Lower Lansdown. One mate takes their daughter, so six adults and one youngster from 5 different families. I'm not sure we could all move to the upper family stand (or would want to move).

Yep, fair point, but is there anything stopping you all buying tickets in the Dolman stand instead?  It is a better atmosphere (sometimes)!

Archived