IGNORED

SEASON TICKET PRICES (Merged)

RedM

1 hour ago, CotswoldRed said:

Would still be interested to know if you think there is a more equal way of raising the same revenue?  i.e. the club want to increase revenue by 10% so a 10% increase for all?

That's what people would be far happier with.  You seem glued to the idea that the proposal they have made is the ONLY way.

You seem to be arguing a point that isn't the fundamental issue for most.

EDIT:  I give up on this point - you've been busily answering most posts but have ignored this question 3 times.  Clearly something of a wind-up merchant,

Sorry I broke off OTIB ...even I have to eat, The main revenue stream for non Premier League teams is still through ticket sales,  it gives the club an 'guaranteed revenue stream, and allows for future running costs, any Business worth it's salt has to balance the books. As far as any other way of raising funds, well I don't know, but seeing our stock in trade is football, I guess that's all we have.

We could sell our best players of course, depending on the Academy supplying enough talent, but that at the moment is not going to cut it .

3 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

Sorry I broke off OTIB ...even I have to eat, The main revenue stream for non Premier League teams is still through ticket sales,  it gives the club an 'guaranteed revenue stream, and allows for future running costs, any Business worth it's salt has to balance the books. As far as any other way of raising funds, well I don't know, but seeing our stock in trade is football, I guess that's all we have.

We could sell our best players of course, depending on the Academy supplying enough talent, but that at the moment is not going to cut it .

You completely missed the point.

We have a published plan by the club that will raise x% in increased revenue.  As it seems to have your approval I'm asking if an alternative/fairer pricing structure which raised the same increased revenue would also meet with your approval - an x% increase on all tickets.

If so, then just about everyone would stomach it and the main gripe dealt with.

I see no reason to accept that BCFCs current plan is the only plan that can raise the required funds.

10 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

Rubbish. Read the accounts. We get more in bloody grants from the EFL than we do in total (potd + season ticket) ticket sales. That much was true in the year before, and the year before...

2 minutes ago, 29AR said:

Rubbish. Read the accounts. We get more in bloody grants from the EFL than we do in total (potd + season ticket) ticket sales. That much was true in the year before, and the year before...

I wasn't alluding to the value, if you can't grasp the simple economics of what I am saying then it is not me that is talking rubbish.  By raising ticket prices can only help to improve the playing squad...or don't you care like so many others, you like the cosy little Bristol City tag, the 'biggest' Club in the leagues that has achieved diddly squat,

Yea I wonder why?

Well this parody on here is a good insight as to why, no one is forcing you to pay, if you don't think it's good value don't pay.

3 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

I wasn't alluding to the value, if you can't grasp the simple economics of what I am saying then it is not me that is talking rubbish.  By raising ticket prices can only help to improve the playing squad...or don't you care like so many others, you like the cosy little Bristol City tag, the 'biggest' Club in the leagues that has achieved diddly squat,

Yea I wonder why?

Well this parody on here is a good insight as to why, no one is forcing you to pay, if you don't think it's good value don't pay.

You've shot yourself in the foot again. How is people not renewing going to increase revenue.  By your logic, might as we make the season ticket price £6 million quid and just let SL buy one.

2 minutes ago, marmite said:

You've shot yourself in the foot again. How is people not renewing going to increase revenue.  By your logic, might as we make the season ticket price £6 million quid and just let SL buy one.

I can't see SL eating 2000 pasties every matchday

32 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

I wasn't alluding to the value, if you can't grasp the simple economics of what I am saying then it is not me that is talking rubbish.  By raising ticket prices can only help to improve the playing squad...

That is incorrect. If all tickets are sold on a match day increasing the price increases income. Where a club has thousands of seats unsold (BCFC) increasing prices can decrease attendance/ income. So It does not necessarily mean more money for players.  

@29AR post about your earlier rubbish was correct as well.

This is a first for me. Twenty pages and I agree with 99% of the comments! There’s usually some variability of views but City has surpassed anything that has gone wrong in the past and united popular opinion. Until I read through this thread I didn’t realise how bad it was. Initially, I just looked at my seat, which as an OAP in the Dolman, is an increase of approx 18%. I thought the club just didn’t value the custom of the old stagers. Reading how the various changes affect families, it’s totally 100% gold plated unbelievably crazy. Is it possible that when this was decided, nobody really thought through the consequences?

In reality Bristol City and Bristol Sport are businesses. In the business world there are numerous examples of companies making huge PR blunders. Some companies make things worse by refusing to admit their mistake and the problem gets worse. Some hold their hands up, admit they got it wrong and the problem goes away. Is there any chance City could go for the latter option?

3 hours ago, 1bristolcity said:

1. Being 7th in the league with a real chance of the play offs I would say we are.

2. Don't be daft.

3. Agreed but as I sad this is 2017, I probably a lot older than you and most on here, but I still understand we have to be viable.

7th in the league but with relegation form over the past couple of months indicates poor timing of the SC prices announcement.

What is daft, me saying the club ethos is to acquire and develop young |(cheap|) talent, or the club for promoting that notion ? 

52 minutes ago, bh_red said:

Would it not be better to amend this to being against this specifically and the wider economic pressure elsewhere to force people to move against their will? Spell check "ground" as well.

2 minutes ago, Harry said:

Well done sir. 

Please amend the spelling error on the title though if you can - wanna make it look professional. 

I’ve now signed 

Sorry not mine, just saw Gregor promote it on Twitter 

5 hours ago, 1bristolcity said:

I am sure if ST's are not taken up en mass, they might reconsider the pricing policy, but big new stadiums come at a cost, as does a successful football team knocking on the door to the biggest league in football, we need to attract top players and they come at a cost, so you really have to pay for it. A Season Ticket still represents great value, if you really want the Old Third Division days without all seater stadiums  awful food and beers, and a team that doesn't inspire...there's always the other lot.:whistle:

Real shame there isn't a third option other than supporting Rovers or paying hundreds of pounds for a kid's ticket isn't it?

Their.. not there. 

And who are 38 degrees, some commie, *** organisation?

What clout in signing up to that is it going to achieve.

Wake up ladies, it's a business, it has been for quite a while.

We'll get fleeced at every available opportunity.

This is the modern world.

• Admin
6 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

Mark Ashton has confirmed he is going to attend next Wednesday, so can I urge as many of you as possible to come to next Wednesdays SC&T meeting in the Supporters Bar (upstairs in the sports bar) at 7:30. 

I’m waxing the runners of my toboggan as we speak....

8 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

Mark Ashton has confirmed he is going to attend next Wednesday, so can I urge as many of you as possible to come to next Wednesdays SC&T meeting in the Supporters Bar (upstairs in the sports bar) at 7:30. 

Gonna need a bigger boat . Me thinks . Can see it getting quite animated 

7 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

Gonna enjoy watching the m̶e̶n̶d̶a̶c̶i̶o̶u̶s̶ ̶b̶o̶n̶u̶s̶ ̶j̶u̶n̶k̶i̶e̶  BCFC employee try and justify this mind.

31 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

I'm surprised. I had him down as a DNA. Did not attend. 

Archived