IGNORED

Sheff Weds fans

Globe Trotter

2 hours ago, Harry said:

Not a joke at all. 

If opposition fans want to wander down Ashton Road taking the pis and insulting fellow City fans, often there’s only one outcome. And yes it’s happened on a few occasions this season. For some reason, a small minority of away idiots think they can get away with being dicks, but they soon realise they can’t. 

And this is exactly why we continue need police presence at football matches unfortunately.

2 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Does that mean that people should celebrate violence? Pretty sad. 

I’ve not celebrated it. This thread is about Sheff Weds fans and people recounting their experience of them today. My experience was that there were some nobs who got their comeuppance. I’ve not glorified of celebrated that. Just said what I saw. 

1 minute ago, Harry said:

I’ve not celebrated it. This thread is about Sheff Weds fans and people recounting their experience of them today. My experience was that there were some nobs who got their comeuppance. I’ve not glorified of celebrated that. Just said what I saw. 

you did come over as sounding a bit vigilante, just saying

2 minutes ago, JulieH said:

And this is exactly why we continue need police presence at football matches unfortunately.

And your officers were well positioned today to deal with it. I have however taken offence to you lot lining up in front of me in the home stand and stared at me for no reason for 90 minutes. You won’t need as many as you bring if you did it properly and knew where the flashpoints are. For example - any point in there being 10 riot police in the concourse by the entrance to S24/S25? What are they hoping to achieve being there. 

2 minutes ago, Harry said:

And your officers were well positioned today to deal with it. I have however taken offence to you lot lining up in front of me in the home stand and stared at me for no reason for 90 minutes. You won’t need as many as you bring if you did it properly and knew where the flashpoints are. For example - any point in there being 10 riot police in the concourse by the entrance to S24/S25? What are they hoping to achieve being there. 

We are assisting stewards who may need help keeping gangways clear in that area, unfortunately some fans don’t all react with kindness when asked to move so we position ourselves out of sight but still ready 

I suggested them being there rather than being in front of the stand due to fan observations on this forum  of police overkill.

we know where flashpoints are and this area of the stadium has been one with smoke grenades etc  in the past. 

1 minute ago, JulieH said:

We are assisting stewards who may need help keeping gangways clear in that area, unfortunately some fans don’t all react with kindness when asked to move so we position ourselves out of sight but still ready 

I suggested them being there rather than being in front of the stand due to fan observations on this forum  of police overkill.

we know where flashpoints are and this area of the stadium has been one with smoke grenades etc  in the past. 

I’ve not seen, once in my lifetime, that police are required on stand by to help clear a gangway? 

Strange response. 

15 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

Yes. Not currently, but let's see how many we get after 14 successive seasons in this league and slipping down the table. And Mick McCarthy. And check their away support, very decent.

Ipswich have historically had bigger crowds because they have historically been in a higher division, now we are in the same division we are averaging about 5000 more, you stated that Ipswich are better supported than us but the truth is they are not and by a big margin

2 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Comeuppance alone is a bit of a troubling expression for me..  enlighten us

Troubling expression? Not so sure? It’s a very regular English word. 

It means someone receives the punishment they duly deserved. 

Comeuppance does in no way describe condoning or celebration of violence. It means they had it coming and got it. 

1 minute ago, Harry said:

Comeuppance does in no way describe condoning or celebration of violence. It means they had it coming and got it. 

got what ? ffs  

2 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Harry, there is a bigger question.. why WAS Bemmy?   Bemmy not good enough for you now ?   :laugh: eh

Retired to a peaceful life in the country my friend. BS3 is always in my heart though. 

I agree with @Harry

if you go looking for trouble home or away you should expect to receive some. He hasn’t said it was a good thing that happened and he was pleased what happened to Sheff W fans. But whenever you have two sides clashing in any sport if someone starts giving it the big I am the other side will retaliate.

Sheff W idiots for antagonising, we had our idiots who dealt with them

9 minutes ago, You Do The Dziekanowski said:

I agree with @Harry

if you go looking for trouble home or away you should expect to receive some. He hasn’t said it was a good thing that happened and he was pleased what happened to Sheff W fans. But whenever you have two sides clashing in any sport if someone starts giving it the big I am the other side will retaliate.

Sheff W idiots for antagonising, we had our idiots who dealt with them

So two wrongs DO make a right?

Better start re-writing the rulebook

1 hour ago, Harry said:

If you're saying something is deserved then you are condoning it. 

Archived