IGNORED

SC&T/FAN/Supporters meeting

Dollymarie

1 hour ago, CodeRed said:

Excellent point.

It was SL's decision to throw money at LJ in amounts that previous managers (even GJ) could only have dreamt of ..and the waste of (his) money on the likes of Engval, Hegelar, Diony, Moore, Eliasson, O'Neil, Woodrow, Kent, shows there's plenty of scope and opportunity to improve the balance sheet by reducing the amount of costly mistakes before forcing fans to pay (much) more than  inflation.

I doubt any of the above players will get another  start,  the loans will be returned and the 4 we paid fees for will be sold at a big loss.

Well said.

19 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

I genuinely don't want Prem football as it will exacerbate the situation even more. 

I want us to stay in the Championship. 

Talking to my Stoke City mate last night, their ST cards have not increased in the past 11 seasons. As we know, Premier League teams can still make a profit without any monies from the turnstiles because of TV revenue etc.. 

Football tourism is on the increase (not so much in Stoke and Huddersfield) so we're not needed, assuming BCFC get promoted.

18 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

I genuinely don't want Prem football as it will exacerbate the situation even more. 

I want us to stay in the Championship. 

I would like to experience it, get it ‘done’ so to speak but I’m not sure either if I really want it or would enjoy it. I like going to away grounds,  there’s loads I’ve not done in the Premiership so from a personal point of view that’s what I would like to get promoted for.

But seeing the coffee shop turned into a restaurant for the Manchester games really hit home which clientele the club is targeting. And it’s not me for sure. So if push comes to shove and it’s a choice of Premiership and yet another soulless club, I’m out.

2 minutes ago, Norn Iron said:

Talking to my Stoke City mate last night, their ST cards have not increased in the past 11 seasons. As we know, Premier League teams can still make a profit without any monies from the turnstiles because of TV revenue etc.. 

Football tourism is on the increase (not so much in Stoke and Huddersfield) so we're not needed, assuming BCFC get promoted.

And don’t Stoke provide free away coaches for the fans too. 

14 minutes ago, Kingswood Robin said:

Dear or dear, what a mess.

Perhaps we need an FC City of Bristol team to follow instead the Bristol Sport machine.

Indeed. Greville Smythe on a match day. Thousands of us watching fans have a kick about maybe

23 hours ago, CyderInACan said:

I'm assuming that @Matt Parsons BCFCSLO is keeping tabs on this thread to provide further feedback to the decision makers? 

The club has totally lost touch is anyone who was involved in this process actually aware of what the state disability benefits are! Answering my own question I will say that they have actually not a clue. For people living on state benefits there is barely any wiggle room to justify a season-ticket  let alone with this crazy price  hike

Yes we have a shiny new stadium with better disabled provisions  than ever before but it seems very quickly forgotten that as a group wheelchair supporters have sat around the running track and  in little tin huts  where you lose the flight of the ball if it goes above head height for the last 40 years but that's been quickly forgotten!  An absolute piss take. 

with everything  seemingly moving in the right direction at the club this really is a kick in the teeth

1 hour ago, The Original OTIB said:

Why did you renew so early? If a large majority simply waited and did not renew, panic would undoubtedly set in at B.S.

Simply my dad has been a season ticket holder for 37 years consecutively and what ever happens he will be there so I wanted to make sure I'm sat with him and kids.

If it was me on my own I wouldn't have renewed yet.

On a Saturday at football is pretty much the only time I get with my old man, to have this mucked about by bcfc has left me fuming.

If it wasn't for my old man going I wouldn't be renewing mine or kids tickets.

1 hour ago, screech said:

Deluded.

The bloke has chucked 10's of millions into the football club, tell you what, lets replace him with the clown down the road with the monopoly money, I'm all for hitting them with a stick over these disgusting attacks on the less well off, but calling Steve Lansdown out for not being a supporter is bullshit. They have made a mistake and it's a big one, but lets not go down this route of calling him out for being a charlatan. How many others have stepped forward and put their money with there mouth is since you have been watching, I'll give you a clue, it's one other, Harry Dolman, that's it. 

So the kids who put their entire pocket money in a bucket to save BCFC back '82 didn't put their hands in their pockets? You might think I'm being pedantic but we have fans who put themselves close to the breadline just to watch City, something SL has never had to do. If any of us had 10 figures then I'm sure we'd build a stadium etc too. Simply put, the sacrifice many City fans make is far and above SLs sacrifices, which is why my loyalty is to them, and not him.

Do I appreciate SLs spending however. Well yes, in the most part. The stadium is great. However when he and his employees chose to be wasteful, then that should not be passed onto the fans, some of whom literally cannot give anymore.

17 minutes ago, Spoons said:

Simply my dad has been a season ticket holder for 37 years consecutively and what ever happens he will be there so I wanted to make sure I'm sat with him and kids.

If it was me on my own I wouldn't have renewed yet.

On a Saturday at football is pretty much the only time I get with my old man, to have this mucked about by bcfc has left me fuming.

If it wasn't for my old man going I wouldn't be renewing mine or kids tickets.

Fair play. Cherish every moment that you all spend together mate. 

1 hour ago, cidered abroad said:

I believe that this is a cast iron certainty. Only partially due to the pricing cock up that this thread is all about.

The reduction in ST sales will be due to those who bought a half ST solely to get tickets for Man U and Man C, coming to realise that we are not also going to the Prem at the end of this season as they may have thought we would. Will they pay a for a full season of inconsistency like most of us put up with?

Agreed, those who bought half season tickets due to the excitement of the Cup run will mostly not buy a full one now.

I also think there will be a marked reduction in the numbers who bought a full ST this time last year.

Big shock coming for BS imo. if nothing changes.

5 hours ago, Ohbasso said:

I’m annoyed at myself as I’ve only dipped in and out of these threads and after the last statement from the club saying they will make changes I thought everything had been resolved so I renewed my ticket in the South Stand.

After reading this I’m regretting it, is there a cooling off period where you can cancel a renewal? If not I’ll join in the concession boycott and I always get a halftime pie and pint.

I’ve not been directly affected but still think it’s a disgrace how some fans have been treated.

I'm exactly the same. I have renewed for reasons similar to yours but regretting it already. Kudos to all those that haven't, the club doesn't deserve the support it gets right now.

Couple of big cup ties . Loads of publicity. Seems to have gone to their heads . What’s happening to our football club . Bristol Sport has never bothered me until now. They can **** off . If nothing has changed by the Ipswich game. We as fans need  to step it up a level 

24 minutes ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

So the kids who put their entire pocket money in a bucket to save BCFC back '82 didn't put their hands in their pockets? You might think I'm being pedantic but we have fans who put themselves close to the breadline just to watch City, something SL has never had to do. If any of us had 10 figures then I'm sure we'd build a stadium etc too. Simply put, the sacrifice many City fans make is far and above SLs sacrifices, which is why my loyalty is to them, and not him.

Do I appreciate SLs spending however. Well yes, in the most part. The stadium is great. However when he and his employees chose to be wasteful, then that should not be passed onto the fans, some of whom literally cannot give anymore.

Yes, you are right, you are being pedantic. I never once defended the new ST policy for disabled people, elderly and children, and quite why you are using poor people and 1982 to hit back at my post is bizarre.

I have not said that, nobody has said that. That's quite a distance to use my words of he's spent 10's of millions into a club and the poster claimed he was not a fan and he doesn't care. He mentioned he was a shit owner who wasn't a fan and couldn't care less about the club, which is bollocks. 

4 minutes ago, screech said:

Yes, you are right, you are being pedantic. I never once defended the new ST policy for disabled people, elderly and children, and quite why you are using poor people and 1982 to hit back at my post is bizarre.

I have not said that, nobody has said that. That's quite a distance to use my words of he's spent 10's of millions into a club and the poster claimed he was not a fan and he doesn't care. He mentioned he was a shit owner who wasn't a fan and couldn't care less about the club, which is bollocks. 

It just annoys when people say he is the only one spending money for the good of BCFC. Mark Ashton said it two or three times on Wednesday when it simply isn't true. You said it was just him and Harry Dolman. That is why I mentioned poorer people, as their contribution is far more of a sacrifice. I think SL cares about the team and making the PL, I don't think he particularly cares about the needs and desires of the fanbase. 

I may of course be completely wrong, but if his pet Mark Ashton acts on his behalf, then I'm not holding out much hope. 

7 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s being ‘encouraged’ not to post. Matt is a supporter and understands the issue.

Sadly, I imagine the club are rather controlling on how much ‘liaising’ he’s allowed do when they want to be.

This isn’t the first time an SLO has been oddly silent during a PR crisis for the club. 

One word. Pembogate.

A simple PR tactic of "if we ignore them, they'll go away". After ignoring us for hours on end, even though we all knew @AdamB was reading the thread, a statement was released re Pembo. Took ages though.

I'll expect a statement on this fiasco will go through at silly o'clock on Monday morning, basically saying we can't do anything blah blah blah or wait til the loyalty scheme comes in, it'll be worth it blah blah blah...

42 minutes ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

Spot on. Where was Lansdown then? At what point did his interest in Bristol Sport start?

I reckon it was when he had so much money he was able to afford to take a calculated risk and invest in Ashton Gate.

Perhaps when he realised that his portfolio needed some balance and entertainment could be the next big thing.

He’s not doing what he does for the love of the game or for BCFC. He’s no ******* messiah or saviour. No-one involved in football is.

To them it’s just a vehicle. For me and others like me it’s much more than that.

I appreciate his involvement and am grateful for his investment. Does it mean I’m blinded by it? Nope.

He, Ashton and all the others like them who some seem to think are beyond criticism represent to me all that’s wrong with professional football today.

49 minutes ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

I put my last £70 in and still went on away trips like the "last" game at Newport and the 1-7 drubbing at Northampton. 

The one thing that board and Terry Cooper had was that they led us all in pulling together. This lot have lost the plot. 

9 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

One word. Pembogate.

A simple PR tactic of "if we ignore them, they'll go away". After ignoring us for hours on end, even though we all knew @AdamB was reading the thread, a statement was released re Pembo. Took ages though.

I'll expect a statement on this fiasco will go through at silly o'clock on Monday morning, basically saying we can't do anything blah blah blah or wait til the loyalty scheme comes in, it'll be worth it blah blah blah...

Classic PR tactic that. All the hallmarks here, as you correctly point out.

35 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

I put my last £70 in and still went on away trips like the "last" game at Newport and the 1-7 drubbing at Northampton. 

The one thing that board and Terry Cooper had was that they led us all in pulling together. This lot have lost the plot. 

SO, if OTIB had existed back then, there would have been no negatives about the teams turgid performances, Coopers team selection, or the boards lack of action. Supporters are no different now to then. The would have been crucified by some on hear.

20 minutes ago, screech said:

I’ll be pedantic now and ask you where I’ve said he was a shit owner? Don’t put words in my mouth. I’m capable of doing that all by myself thanks.

The point I’ve made time and time again is this:

Whatever he does he does it for his own reasons - as is his right. He’s not doing it out of charity.

He wasn’t involved when it was less fashionable than it is now. He’s not first and foremost a fan. He’s an investor in a football club.

He wasn’t there way back when. I doubt he’s ever had to scratch about to find the money for a ticket, pie or a pint.

I doubt he’s ever stood in the pouring rain to support the club he’s followed since he was a young ‘un.

His investment is secured. He will get a personal financial benefit for everything he spends at BS3.

He cares about Bristol Sport. His love for BCFC is limited to the extent that he gets whatever benefit he’s looking for continues.

In the meantime if you happen to sit in an area that can now be used to generate more income then you can either pay more or **** off and sit somewhere else.

If you’re a loyal fan you can renew your season ticket. You’ll get some loyalty scheme but at the moment I’m ****** if I know what it is - I’m guessing something else that’ll give Bristol Sport an insight into our spending habits so we can get more cross sale opportunities.

And if you’re in a wheelchair and it rains then tough ******* luck. Us Corporates will  have our high heeled hostesses to keep our glasses topped up.

Hi all, 

I have been monitoring the forums and continually feeding in fan thoughts and feelings back into the club. As it stands there is no news to update you with. 

I will be at Burton tomorrow, travelling up on coach 2 from the stadium. If anyone would like to come and talk to me in person then please come and say hello. I am also at the Senior Reds lunch on Thursday where I will be talking about my role and answering questions. 

Matt 

On 08/03/2018 at 08:26, Frenchay Red said:

I thought Ashton did not cope that well under pressure when pressed on some of the issues. Came across as a bit of a victim. Said a few times football is a loss making business.

Wealthy business people don't invest in things that lose money.

Buying or getting control of a football club is just part of much bigger strategy; so any losses incurred are exceeded by the gains they make through their association with the club.

One thing's for certain. Ashton is getting a hefty wedge - he won't lose anything during his time with us.

5 minutes ago, Matt Parsons BCFCSLO said:

Hi all, 

I have been monitoring the forums and continually feeding in fan thoughts and feelings back into the club. As it stands there is no news to update you with. 

I will be at Burton tomorrow, travelling up on coach 2 from the stadium. If anyone would like to come and talk to me in person then please come and say hello. I am also at the Senior Reds lunch on Thursday where I will be talking about my role and answering questions. 

Matt 

Can you provide a 'gut instinct' for how the on going feedback is being received?

Very much the impression seems to be Mark Ashton  is completely out of touch with the masses and isn't equipped with soft skills to recognise the weight of feeling.

8 minutes ago, Matt Parsons BCFCSLO said:

Hi all, 

Matt 

Blink twice if you're not allowed to give an opinion on this.

18 minutes ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

He wasn’t involved when it was less fashionable than it is now. He’s not first and foremost a fan. He’s an investor in a football club.

He wasn’t there way back when. I doubt he’s ever had to scratch about to find the money for a ticket, pie or a pint.

I've been openly critical of SL in the past, but I feel the need to stick up for the man here

At what point did football become 'fashionable'. Maybe SL didn't have the 'spare' money back then, as we know it's not cheap. Maybe he was happier just being a businessman and a Dad at the time football wasn't as 'fashionable'. I don't think we can crucify the man for hitting it big at the same time football become a rich mans' toy

As for whether he ever had to struggle to buy a pie or a pint, that's got the square root of **** all to do with anything. You make some good points, but pointing that out makes it look more like a personal rant than what could actually be a well constructed point. I do completely share the anger of what has happened, just to be clear

Archived