IGNORED

SC&T/FAN/Supporters meeting

Dollymarie

2 hours ago, Head&Shoulders said:

From reading another forum, it seems The disabled ticket has gone up due to something about the discrimination act... Disabled supporters are already able to claim a free carers ticket (something able bodied people can't do)... so the fact they had a reduced priced ticket AND a free carer ticket meant it was discriminative against able bodied people. The club were in every right aloud to do that. 

Ah, the classic :gasmask: spelling error.

1 hour ago, RedLionLad said:

You've been here less than two weeks.

I see you joined the forum the day after ticket increases were announced.

I didn't like to say it at the time myself in case I was offending a fellow red but first posts both on same day were to suddenly defend ticket prices in the thread that had sparked up AND the other one was asking people to post photos of the season (you know, jingoistic reminder of what you're paying for).

I AM a betting man and there is more chance of Shergar being found alive and winning both Bake Off and Dancing on Ice in the same year, than there is of this chap or chapess not being a City employee. Still full marks for effort. In between children being turfed out of the Dolman perhaps we should start a pricing category for Bristol Sport staff pretending to be fans, all this let's pretend act deseves a discount.

16 minutes ago, Olé said:

I didn't like to say it at the time myself in case I was offending a fellow red but first posts both on same day were to suddenly defend ticket prices in the thread that had sparked up AND the other one was asking people to post photos of the season (you know, jingoistic reminder of what you're paying for).

I AM a betting man and there is more chance of Shergar being found alive and winning both Bake Off and Dancing on Ice in the same year, than there is of this chap or chapess not being a City employee. Still full marks for effort. In between children being turfed out of the Dolman perhaps we should start a pricing category for Bristol Sport staff pretending to be fans, all this let's pretend act deseves a discount.

As my old mate would say....."We Sussed a Bunger"

15 minutes ago, Olé said:

I AM a betting man and there is more chance of Shergar being found alive and winning both Bake Off and Dancing on Ice in the same year, than there is of this chap or chapess not being a City employee.

In which case have a side double on that plus his name being Dan Druff.....

2 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

As my old mate would say....."We Sussed a Bunger"

It's been a while, remember all those that rocked up during our run of poor form?  Last years, not this...

About as covert as Vlad the Russian, dressed as a Cossack, riding a stallion across Tower Bridge with a poisoned sabre.

Followed by a contingent of the Russian security services screaming 'Go, Vlad, the butcher of Stalingrad!'

4 hours ago, Head&Shoulders said:

75 people turned up?:clapping:Proves exactly that the people on these forums DO NOT speak for the majority of fans.  

How people are moaning at £99 for an u12 (£4 A GAME!!!) or £150 for u19 (£7 A GAME!!!) is beyond me.

Im sure those people who chose not to renew there seats, will be replaced anyway by other fans that have been gained after this successful season. 

Glad you applauded the 75. 

Surely these fans you speak of, would already be attending if the season was as good as you suggest. Perhaps Bristol Sport will install inflatable fans to fill the gaps, a bit like the auto-pilot in Aeroplane? 

2 hours ago, Head&Shoulders said:

Indeed I do. 

I'm sure you also know by LAW the club have every right to follow the discrimination act. It's not my personal opinion... it's the law.

I take it by Discrimination Act you are referring to the Equal Opportunities Act 2010 which has this little gem regarding Disability Discrimination and the duty of employers and service providers on reasonable adjustments required by law for people with disabilities:

"Reasonable accommodation" means necessary and appropriate modification and adjustments not imposing a disproportionate or undue burden  , where needed in a particular case, to ensure to persons with disabilities the enjoyment or exercise on an equal basis with others of all human rights and fundamental freedoms;"

I'd say huge hikes in pricing never previously discussed with anyone and limited to small groups including all disabled supporters could be described as:

"imposing a disproportionate or undue burden"

How's that for knowing the law?

59 minutes ago, Kingswood Robin said:

Glad you applauded the 75. 

Surely these fans you speak of, would already be attending if the season was as good as you suggest. Perhaps Bristol Sport will install inflatable fans to fill the gaps, a bit like the auto-pilot in Aeroplane? 

In just 10 days as a member (he came with the price increases)

19 posts
32 rubbish responses
3 snake responses

Very similar to what Mark Ashton would get.

6 hours ago, RumRed said:

Good to see a lot more people waking up to what many of us warned about about BS.  A lot of abuse sent to certain posters who questioned the status quo whilst we were flying high and it hadn't got people in the pocket.

This was inevitable from the start of the 'project' .  I hope some of the posters who abused fans who supported for 70 years + and expressed their concerns even in the 'good times' realise that sometimes the oldies can see stuff coming a mile off.

Edit: and yes I bought into the excitement and it took me a while to realise but I've only supported 40 odd years!

Exactly; SL has certainly left his mark on this club and made changes to it that cannot be reversed; his rules as he pays.......as we pay and have always paid as well, should we not have our views at least considered though.

Its just a moment in time I suppose, the dynasty and project will move on... we the fans and our descendants will be here for ever as the rest are.... just passing through.

10 hours ago, Head&Shoulders said:

Don't get me wrong I completely understand, however personally I think a lot of the things being said is unnecessary and OTT... such as "make a new club" :facepalm: "don't buy anything in the ground" :facepalm:  "The club is like Tesco" (whatever that meant)...

Carry on doing your "protest" or whatever you're calling it, but the actions of a hundred or so people not buying a pie in the ground or not renewing their season ticket, will not effect the club one bit, there will be hundreds of new supporters gained for next season after the successful campaign we've had this year... so the seat you don't renew, will be replaced by another person, and the pie you refuse to buy in the ground will be bought by someone else. CTID.

I'm not really sure that's how economics works. 

On way to Burton and heard these:

[To Tinman is a s....head}

If you are disabled; or a family; Mark Ashton will screw you; he'll screw the OAPs.

[Sorry Joe, we'll have to find something else for you at the mo]

They're one of our own; there're one of our own; kids and disabled; they're one of our own 

[Slight adaption of the Manics anthem and probably perceptive of the future]

AND if you tolerate this, then your wallet will be next.......

11 hours ago, Harry said:

Must be a Bristol Sport employee forced into defending their honour. Have Bristol Sport been taking lessons off the Russians? 

Not that I've got too much time on my hands but....if most otibers use a name (handle in my CB days) that has some connection with themselves, then how can we get the name Head& Shoulders to prove its actually Mark Ashton or another BCFC board (or bored) member?

For instance my handle is Norn Iron because I now live in Northern Ireland and that's how someone from Belfast pronounces the name (now widely used on flags at Football matches).

So Head& Shoulders= shampoo=made by Procter and Gamble= who make products by Cow and Gate= Ashton Gate= Mark Ashton.

Easy! Except Wikipedia had just informed me that Danone make Cow and Gate, so that answer is wrong.  

Anyone else with ideas that can link Head& Shoulders with a BCFC employee?

34 minutes ago, Norn Iron said:

Not that I've got too much time on my hands but....if most otibers use a name (handle in my CB days) that has some connection with themselves, then how can we get the name Head& Shoulders to prove its actually Mark Ashton or another BCFC board (or bored) member?

For instance my handle is Norn Iron because I now live in Northern Ireland and that's how someone from Belfast pronounces the name (now widely used on flags at Football matches).

So Head& Shoulders= shampoo=made by Procter and Gamble= who make products by Cow and Gate= Ashton Gate= Mark Ashton.

Easy! Except Wikipedia had just informed me that Danone make Cow and Gate, so that answer is wrong.  

Nowhere near as complex. It's simply a case of FLAKY,FLAKY,FLAKY.....

47 minutes ago, Norn Iron said:

Simple.

Someone head and shoulders above us.

59 minutes ago, Norn Iron said:

I think his name is Dan Druff 

1 hour ago, Norn Iron said:

This is almost up to NTTDS's levels of nonsense! Love it!

• Admin

Have you just received and sampled this months supply of poitín........

Are Head and Shoulders made by the same people as Grecian 2000? :whistle:

9 hours ago, Midlands Robin said:

I take it by Discrimination Act you are referring to the Equal Opportunities Act 2010 which has this little gem regarding Disability Discrimination and the duty of employers and service providers on reasonable adjustments required by law for people with disabilities:

"Reasonable accommodation" means necessary and appropriate modification and adjustments not imposing a disproportionate or undue burden  , where needed in a particular case, to ensure to persons with disabilities the enjoyment or exercise on an equal basis with others of all human rights and fundamental freedoms;"

I'd say huge hikes in pricing never previously discussed with anyone and limited to small groups including all disabled supporters could be described as:

"imposing a disproportionate or undue burden"

How's that for knowing the law?

Yes and doesn't quite fit with the answer from the club when I asked why there was no level access seats for ambulant disabled supporters.

11 or 12 steps into the south stand and Dolman and more into the Lansdown.

The reply was "the stadium is ambulant disabled compliant"

Unfortunately it is, but ONLY because there are no regs for this.

Duty of care?

Maybe MA should meet me and see just how difficult this is (currently on two crutches), and then the same thing down and back up just to have a piss!

2 hours ago, sm2webb said:

On way to Burton and heard these:

[To Tinman is a s....head}

If you are disabled; or a family; Mark Ashton will screw you; he'll screw the OAPs.

[Sorry Joe, we'll have to find something else for you at the mo]

They're one of our own; there're one of our own; kids and disabled; they're one of our own 

[Slight adaption of the Manics anthem and probably perceptive of the future]

AND if you tolerate this, then your wallet will be next.......

Those first two are winners - I particularly like the "One of our own" one. Please belt this out later!

Archived