IGNORED

SC&T/FAN/Supporters meeting

Dollymarie

13 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

In other news. We’ve been told again that there is no new news today. 

Hope I'm wrong, but from the apparent lack of interest/empathy shown by MA and the CFO last Weds evening, I wouldn't be surprised if the club just continued with "no response" until the renewal deadline. They would then be able to see how many "non-renewers" were bluffing.

27 minutes ago, Frenchay Red said:

Hope I'm wrong, but from the apparent lack of interest/empathy shown by MA and the CFO last Weds evening, I wouldn't be surprised if the club just continued with "no response" until the renewal deadline. They would then be able to see how many "non-renewers" were bluffing.

Or stall long enough that the next home game is after the deadline announced so far.

I can assure people that plans for Saturday are taking place amongst fan groups. 

16 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

What a constructive, organised protest on Saturday should look like. 

If people are serious about this and not creating a storm in a teacup, before renewing anyway, then surely it needs to be something meaningful and big. 

As a suggestion (and I’m usually not a fan of boycotts) how about everyone who is serious about not renewing, simply doesn’t attend on Saturday..?

It will (if people are serious) leave huge spaces of unoccupied seats. A glimpse of the future (next season), if you like. 

I’m sure those who won’t be at all games next season, as a result of not renewing, won’t mind getting used to a football free Saturday. Yes, it’s been paid for, but it can’t be a very serious protest, if writing off an already paid for £15 (average) ticket isn’t worth it to make a serious point. 

It’s simple, effective and accurately illustrates who won’t be there next season. 

I must be clear on this, that I would not be taking part myself - but for those that are serious about not renewing, can you think of a more effective way of showing the impact that it will have..? 

3 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

If people are serious about this and not creating a storm in a teacup, before renewing anyway, then surely it needs to be something meaningful and big. 

As a suggestion (and I’m usually not a fan of boycotts) how about everyone who is serious about not renewing, simply doesn’t attend on Saturday..?

It will (if people are serious) leave huge spaces of unoccupied seats. A glimpse of the future (next season), if you like. 

Mum sure those who won’t be at all games next season, as a result of not renewing, won’t mind getting used to a football free Saturday. Yes, it’s been paid for, but it can be a very serious protest, if writing off an already paid for £15 (average) ticket isn’t worth it to make a serious point. 

It simple, effective and accurately illustrates who won’t be there next season. 

I must be clear on this, that I would not be taking part myself - but for those that are serious about not renewing, can you think of a more effective way of showing the impact that it will have..? 

Whilst I am fully in support of some kind of protest, this isn't the way.

The team need our full support right now..........

3 minutes ago, ooRya said:

Whilst I am fully in support of some kind of protest, this isn't the way.

The team need our full support right now..........

I agree with this, which is why I would not take part myself. However, this is talking to the percentage that won’t be here regularly next season anyway, so they won’t be doing that anyway after this season. 

Its a small price to pay for getting their point across in no uncertain terms. 

11 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I’m sure those who won’t be at all games next season, as a result of not renewing, won’t mind getting used to a football free Saturday. Yes, it’s been paid for, but it can’t be a very serious protest, if writing off an already paid for £15 (average) ticket isn’t worth it to make a serious point. 

It’s simple, effective and accurately illustrates who won’t be there next season. 

I don’t think that would be realistic, people enjoy going to football and wouldn’t want to stay away ideally. 

I think a visual protest of some sort would be a more effective way of getting traction.

3 minutes ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

The powers that be should have thought about that before they did what they did. The Fans > The Team

Not necessarily. They made decisions which people aren’t happy about. That happens. It’s what they do to rectify those mistakes that matters. 

If people are serious about making their intentions known, then I just don’t think that holding up a few red cards is going to cut it. 

If people are saying “I won’t be in this seat next season” the best way to show their genuine intent and to demonstrate its impact, will be not to be there on Saturday, imo. 

1 minute ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I don’t think that would be realistic, people enjoy going to football and wouldn’t want to stay away ideally. 

I think a visual protest of some sort would be a more effective way of getting traction.

But they will be staying away next season, so that doesn’t add up in support of their threat not to renew. 

2 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Not necessarily. They made decisions which people aren’t happy about. That happens. It’s what they do to rectify those mistakes that matters. 

If people are serious about making their intentions known, then I just don’t think that holding up a few red cards is going to cut it. 

If people are saying “I won’t be in this seat next season” the best way to show their genuine intent and to demonstrate its impact, will be not to be there on Saturday, imo. 

If there is a more organised protest then I'll be there to take part. If there isn't, I'm staying at home

8 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I’m not suggesting people planting corner flags in the centre circle, or throwing sponge balls etc onto the pitch in particular, but these protests do get publicity for the cause more than most actions, eg a banner or chant.

the thinking behind the red cards is a passive way of showing the club how many fans are not renewing or are in support of those who are not  renewing with out affecting the team . the last thing i want is our club dragged throw the mud like   west ham , protest can get out off hand very quickly . at this point its  only a suggestion  we need to get together and get organized 

9 minutes ago, lost black rat said:

the thinking behind the red cards is a passive way of showing the club how many fans are not renewing or are in support of those who are not  renewing with out affecting the team . the last thing i want is our club dragged throw the mud like   west ham , protest can get out off hand very quickly . at this point its  only a suggestion  we need to get together and get organized 

The bit I've put in bold is the key for me: I will be renewing but I'd like to be able to show my support who are more affected than me, without affecting the team. A boycott of the game feels a bit passive - I think some action is required.

23 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

May be reading into it incorrectly but is that another little attempt to undermine?

What are you on about..?! 

I’m trying to give a constructive way for people to demonstrate (if serious) what the impact of them not renewing will be! 

1 hour ago, Loosey Boy said:

Hardly a good idea when the team REALLY need our support right now....

But these are people that are saying they won’t be here next season. We will need support then as well. This needs to about the bigger picture. 

People who go on strike probably need the wages, but it’s the sacrifice that’s needed to show that they are serious about their point. 

Missing one game, in form of an organised boycott, will show the club a glimpse of what they can expect next season, if fair compromise is not reached over this, quickly. 

6 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Latest update from the club, via @Matt Parsons BCFCSLO, they have promised response by close of business on Friday. 

No content other than that. Obvious concerns of that just being delaying tactics, but that’s all there is to report at this moment in time. 

I really hope they have a change of heart on some of these prices, must say that i’m really impressed with the way some of our fans are not taking this lying down and are not being allowed to have our tummies tickled like a certain mob across the river would

2 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

This. I won't renew because I didn't this season but I will be in Bemmy all afternoon but will stay away from AG and if people are serious about this then I feel its the only way to get the message across. Cue "get the behind the team" and all that but BS should have considered the possible ramifications of pissing off what appears to be a large cross section of the fanbase.

2 minutes ago, Loosey Boy said:

Will it be a big issue if we are paying these prices in the Premier League??

We aren't going to be in the Premier league next season. The odds are much more weighed against being in the Championship than the Prem and you know that and so does BS.

6 minutes ago, Loosey Boy said:

Will it be a big issue if we are paying these prices in the Premier League??

The premier league is irrelevant in this issue. 

Is there a refund due if we don’t go up..? No. 

I’m happy to commit and buy my season ticket now, regardless of what division it’s for. It should just be at a reasonable price. 

I don’t mind an increase. That’s life, but the percentage increases being asked for are inexplicable, unfair and wrong, imo. 

Archived