IGNORED

SC&T/FAN/Supporters meeting

Dollymarie

1 hour ago, Head&Shoulders said:

75 people turned up?:clapping:Proves exactly that the people on these forums DO NOT speak for the majority of fans.  

How people are moaning at £99 for an u12 (£4 A GAME!!!) or £150 for u19 (£7 A GAME!!!) is beyond me.

Im sure those people who chose not to renew there seats, will be replaced anyway by other fans that have been gained after this successful season. 

Some kid's tickets went up to £335. Ours went up to £255 from £99. (That has now been reduced to £150)

The disabled ticket went up to £499 from £379.

When the price increases were suddenly announced, we had 14 days to find £754 in comparison to this season's £468.

1 hour ago, CotswoldRed said:

Another one who doesn't understand the reasons why people are upset and disappointed with the club. 

Don't get me wrong I completely understand, however personally I think a lot of the things being said is unnecessary and OTT... such as "make a new club" :facepalm: "don't buy anything in the ground" :facepalm:  "The club is like Tesco" (whatever that meant)...

Carry on doing your "protest" or whatever you're calling it, but the actions of a hundred or so people not buying a pie in the ground or not renewing their season ticket, will not effect the club one bit, there will be hundreds of new supporters gained for next season after the successful campaign we've had this year... so the seat you don't renew, will be replaced by another person, and the pie you refuse to buy in the ground will be bought by someone else. CTID.

3 minutes ago, Head&Shoulders said:

Don't get me wrong I completely understand, however personally I think a lot of the things being said is unnecessary and OTT... such as "make a new club" :facepalm: "don't buy anything in the ground" :facepalm:  "The club is like Tesco" (whatever that meant)...

Carry on doing your "protest" or whatever you're calling it, but the actions of a hundred or so people not buying a pie in the ground or not renewing their season ticket, will not effect the club one bit, there will be hundreds of new supporters gained for next season after the successful campaign we've had this year... so the seat you don't renew, will be replaced by another person, and the pie you refuse to buy in the ground will be bought by someone else. CTID.

You haven't seen any empty seats recently then?

4 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

Some kid's tickets went up to £335. Ours went up to £255 from £99. (That has now been reduced to £150)

The disabled ticket went up to £499 from £379.

When the price increases were suddenly announced, we had 14 days to find £754 in comparison to this season's £468.

From reading another forum, it seems The disabled ticket has gone up due to something about the discrimination act... Disabled supporters are already able to claim a free carers ticket (something able bodied people can't do)... so the fact they had a reduced priced ticket AND a free carer ticket meant it was discriminative against able bodied people. The club were in every right aloud to do that. 

12 minutes ago, Head&Shoulders said:

There's been one home game since the season tickets got announced... and it was the weekend where it snowed which meant people couldn't make it.

Nice try though.

Crowds of 22-23,000 means there have been 3-4,000 empty seats at every league game this year.

3 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

Crowds of 22-23,000 means there have been 3-4,000 empty seats at every league game this year.

Oh come on this is a new low even for this website :facepalm:  It's the highest average league attendance we've had in years, carry on living in your little fantasy world.

Really are some absolute morons on this website.

17 minutes ago, Head&Shoulders said:

From reading another forum, it seems The disabled ticket has gone up due to something about the discrimination act... Disabled supporters are already able to claim a free carers ticket (something able bodied people can't do)... so the fact they had a reduced priced ticket AND a free carer ticket meant it was discriminative against able bodied people. The club were in every right aloud to do that. 

You do realise why carers are needed for disabled people don’t you? And that able bodied people don’t need carers - hence why they don’t get a free carer ticket. 

You do also realise that disabled people are amongst the most vulnerable in our society and amongst the least well off - hence why it’s right for them to be offered a reduced price ticket. 

You do realise these things don’t you? Don’t you? Mmmm.... I’m not convinced you do. 

2 minutes ago, Head&Shoulders said:

Oh come on this is a new low even for this website :facepalm:  It's the highest average league attendance we've had in years, carry on living in your little fantasy world.

You've been here less than two weeks.

I see you joined the forum the day after ticket increases were announced.

5 minutes ago, Harry said:

You do realise why carers are needed for disabled people don’t you? And that able bodied people don’t need carers - hence why they don’t get a free carer ticket. 

You do also realise that disabled people are amongst the most vulnerable in our society and amongst the least well off - hence why it’s right for them to be offered a reduced price ticket. 

You do realise these things don’t you? Don’t you? Mmmm.... I’m not convinced you do. 

Maybe he thinks people want to be disabled just to claim cheaper tickets.

2 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

You've been here less than two weeks.

I see you joined the forum the day after ticket increases were announced.

Must be a Bristol Sport employee forced into defending their honour. Have Bristol Sport been taking lessons off the Russians? 

5 minutes ago, Harry said:

Indeed I do. 

I'm sure you also know by LAW the club have every right to follow the discrimination act. It's not my personal opinion... it's the law.

2 minutes ago, Head&Shoulders said:

Indeed I do. 

I'm sure you also know by LAW the club have every right to follow the discrimination act. It's not my personal opinion... it's the law.

How is it anything to do with the discrimination act? The club can charge whatever like they like , you could hair black hair and they could give you a discount. 

Your just on a wind up for the sake of it. 

3 minutes ago, Harry said:

Must be a Bristol Sport employee forced into defending their honour. Have Bristol Sport been taking lessons off the Russians? 

That was my first thought. His history is littered with 'snake' and 'rubbish' responses.

City fan my arse !!!

3 minutes ago, AshtonPark said:

How is it anything to do with the discrimination act? The club can charge whatever like they like , you could hair black hair and they could give you a discount. 

Your just on a wind up for the sake of it. 

Like the black hair......he's fake

2 hours ago, Head&Shoulders said:

75 people turned up?:clapping:Proves exactly that the people on these forums DO NOT speak for the majority of fans.  

How people are moaning at £99 for an u12 (£4 A GAME!!!) or £150 for u19 (£7 A GAME!!!) is beyond me.

Im sure those people who chose not to renew there seats, will be replaced anyway by other fans that have been gained after this successful season. 

36 minutes ago, Head&Shoulders said:

32 minutes ago, Head&Shoulders said:

13 minutes ago, Head&Shoulders said:

Good evening, Mark. Maybe it would be wise to put the bottle of whiskey back in the cupboard and 'log off' for the evening.

2 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

That was my first thought. His history is littered with 'snake' and 'rubbish' responses.

City fan my arse !!!

It's littered with snake and rubbish responses because I've voiced a different opinion.

These prices do affect me, yes they're extortionate and yes the disabled tickets pricing is a joke. However all I'm saying is there must be reasons why they've changed, whoever made the decisions hasn't done it because they can.

Unfortunately sometimes you can't please everybody, (can you remember the uproar when they released ticket info regarding the united tie?) it seems this is another one of those.

but if all I'm going to do is get abused for voicing a different opinion, I won't Bother using the site. Shame

15 minutes ago, Head&Shoulders said:

Correct. I too was not happy with the prices... however I then realised what was being said on this site was just rediculous.

You pretend not to be happy with the prices, but you don't want to side with others who are not happy either?

You then say 'tough' to people who are not wanting to pay such a huge increase, as (according to you) others are clamouring to take their places.

Recent crowds of 22,000 are still 4-5,000 short of capacity, and many were half season ST's who probably won't renew.

8 minutes ago, Head&Shoulders said:

It's littered with snake and rubbish responses because I've voiced a different opinion.

These prices do affect me, yes they're extortionate and yes the disabled tickets pricing is a joke. However all I'm saying is there must be reasons why they've changed, whoever made the decisions hasn't done it because they can.

Unfortunately sometimes you can't please everybody, (can you remember the uproar when they released ticket info regarding the united tie?) it seems this is another one of those.

but if all I'm going to do is get abused for voicing a different opinion, I won't Bother using the site. Shame

.....and no doubt you think everyone else is wrong and just you are right.

29 minutes ago, Head&Shoulders said:

Wow, didn't realise  those nasty Tories have snuck in a Discrimination Act? Does it prescribe against who I am able to discriminate? Had I seen the White Paper I sure as hell would have seen 'Friends of Irene' added to the list.....

6 hours ago, Matt Parsons BCFCSLO said:

Hi all, 

I have been monitoring the forums and continually feeding in fan thoughts and feelings back into the club. As it stands there is no news to update you with. 

I will be at Burton tomorrow, travelling up on coach 2 from the stadium. If anyone would like to come and talk to me in person then please come and say hello. I am also at the Senior Reds lunch on Thursday where I will be talking about my role and answering questions. 

Matt 

Is there a reason why you are not on COACH ONE:shocking:

23 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

Might I enquire what it is you do for a living (broadly would suffice)? Also, you praise the upper tier; why did you not purchase up in the family section last season?

I work in the NHS, and mainly just down to laziness haha. Where I'm currently sat I have been for a couple years so just chose to pick the easy option and renew the same seats. However the times I have sat up in the upper tier it's lovely, I can understand though why some people wouldn't enjoy it up there as much

1 hour ago, Head&Shoulders said:

Bought by someone else? You think there are thousands queueing up to buy new season tickets for the seats vacated by those who can't now afford them? 

Get real, we struggle for ordinary league games to get over 20,000 of our own supporters (not including away fans). Where will these extra monies fans come from? 

You are a WUM and talking poppycock! 

Good to see a lot more people waking up to what many of us warned about about BS.  A lot of abuse sent to certain posters who questioned the status quo whilst we were flying high and it hadn't got people in the pocket.

This was inevitable from the start of the 'project' .  I hope some of the posters who abused fans who supported for 70 years + and expressed their concerns even in the 'good times' realise that sometimes the oldies can see stuff coming a mile off.

Edit: and yes I bought into the excitement and it took me a while to realise but I've only supported 40 odd years!

Archived