IGNORED

Statement from Jon Lansdown + SC&T reply

RedM

15 hours ago, Spoons said:

But on top of the u12 price increase of £49 my adult ticket has gone up by £68.

I have two kids both with season tickets so £168 extra to stay in central dolman is to much.

I have sat in my Wheelchair in A10 (Dolman Wings) for three seasons, and next season will be the fourth.

Next season will be the first season when there has been a price increase, is this the same for the Dolman Central?

12 hours ago, StGeorge said:

I dunno, but you really do come across a bit argumentative. Let me explain for you as you seem so petty. I drive, and others in the 7 seater pay an extra £5 each on top of actual petrol costs, for wear and tear, mileage etc, and the ability to drink and have a laugh. So believe that

can understand your argument, but what about games like Sunderland Middlesboro etc, would you drive there and back in a single day fair play if you do.

56 minutes ago, Busterrimes said:

Rob, I am going to disagree with you here. If you use Supply and Demand Theory which most product firms would use then football is overpriced. Perfect supply demand would see a full stadium every week. For every week the stadium has empty seats then the price is wrong.

If the club makes a loss on the value of a full stadium then the overheads are completely wrong. The overheads are mainly players wages so we know and have known for a long time player wages are too high. For clubs to be profitable there needs to be a burst in the bubble.

I agree that player wages need reigning in. 

I get your point about the stadium being full to equate demand, but crowds at a 40 year high suggest that is not “over priced”. 

• SC&T Board Members
27 minutes ago, Harry said:

I’m walking out on 30 minutes and I will go and get a drink at one of the stalls outside the ground. The chaps of Section 82 are all doing so too. We ask as many of you as are inclined, to join us  

Some may think this affects the team. I don’t. 

If you are behind it, leave with me on 30 minutes. It’s only a 15 minute protest, you can go back in for the 2nd half. Hopefully this will be enough to not affect the team but to also be enough of a visible statement. 

Sneaky & Dirty - I’m out at 30. 

Well done, Harry. Can't make the game on Saturday, but fully behind you and would be joining you in the walk-out if I was there. I hope many, many supporters show their empathy for fellow fans facing dificult decisions due to the social engineering that is going on here and join you by walking out on thirty minutes.

"Sneaky & Dirty - I’m out at 30!"

29 minutes ago, Harry said:

I’m walking out on 30 minutes and I will go and get a drink at one of the stalls outside the ground. The chaps of Section 82 are all doing so too. We ask as many of you as are inclined, to join us  

If you are behind it, leave with me on 30 minutes. It’s only a 15 minute protest, you can go back in for the 2nd half. Hopefully this will be enough to not affect the team but to also be enough of a visible statement. 

In the absence of any better ideas I'll go with this.

Make the point very visibly for 15 minutes then full noise immediately the 2nd half starts.

3 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

How about we try and get all of S82 to walk out on a specific minute. And as many others as like in other stands can do the same. An empty corner of the SS would look good visually. Needs only to be for a minute or two. 

BS would absolutely love S82 to walk out and never come back.

What gripes me is the fact they hold the AG development against us as some kind of bargaining chip. No one is exactly sat here screaming the stadium is shit

. No idea why the stadium being better than Bournemouth, Huddersfield etc has anything to do with things...

15 minutes ago, Blagdon red said:

Well done, Harry. Can't make the game on Saturday, but fully behind you and would be joining you in the walk-out if I was there. I hope many, many supporters show their empathy for fellow fans facing dificult decisions due to the social engineering that is going on here and join you by walking out on thirty minutes.

"Sneaky & Dirty - I’m out at 30!"

There is going to be a letter to BS from one or two fans asking for their names to be removed from the Bristol Sport mural in the south stand as they do not want to be associated with BS in any way.

46 minutes ago, Harry said:

Are the stalls owned by the club though Harry ? Still feeding the ******* if so.

23 minutes ago, Dave said:

I have sat in my Wheelchair in A10 (Dolman Wings) for three seasons, and next season will be the fourth.

Next season will be the first season when there has been a price increase, is this the same for the Dolman Central?

Yes. But why should I pay an extra £68 to sit in dolman central?I was already paying a premium rate and the extra £68 is not value for money.

View is great. That's where it ends. Seats awful , leg room shocking, que to leave stadium the longest of all stands,no chance of buying beer and pie at half time before start of 2nd half.

The dolman central isn't the lansdown lower central where you have loads of room, quick access out of stadium etc.

The only reason I sit there is the people we've become friends with over last 19 consecutive seasons.

I'm sad to say I can't justify a Extra £168 to stay there for another season so as the club want they get there wish I've moved to the upper lansdown.

If my dad wasn't renewing I wouldn't have bothered as I'm that Angry but it's the only time I get with my old man and the kids together..just a shame the club want to make that experience worse for me.

And after all my seven and four year old are the future of the club. To force them to move just so they can sell there premium seat to a POD person is morally bankrupt!!!

• SC&T Board Members
7 minutes ago, Three Lions said:

There is going to be a letter to BS from one or two fans asking for their names to be removed from the Bristol Sport mural in the south stand as they do not want to be associated with BS in any way.

I asked for mine to be removed the moment it appeared. "One City" my arse!

• SC&T Board Members
8 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

Are the stalls owned by the club though Harry ? Still feeding the ******* if so.

AGL gets a cut from sales made by those stalls, but my understanding is that it is slightly less than they make from direct sales on the concourse.

9 minutes ago, Spoons said:

Yes. But why should I pay an extra £68 to sit in dolman central?I was already paying a premium rate and the extra £68 is not value for money.

View is great. That's where it ends. Seats awful , leg room shocking, que to leave stadium the longest of all stands,no chance of buying beer and pie at half time before start of 2nd half.

The dolman central isn't the lansdown lower central where you have loads of room, quick access out of stadium etc.

The only reason I sit there is the people we've become friends with over last 19 consecutive seasons.

I'm sad to say I can't justify a Extra £168 to stay there for another season so as the club want they get there wish I've moved to the upper lansdown.

If my dad wasn't renewing I wouldn't have bothered as I'm that Angry but it's the only time I get with my old man and the kids together..just a shame the club want to make that experience worse for me.

And after all my seven and four year old are the future of the club. To force them to move just so they can sell there premium seat to a POD person is morally bankrupt!!!

My point was that this is the first increase in 3 seasons, and this does not appear to being factored into peoples calculations.

1 hour ago, Harry said:

Finally an approach we can all get behind. Spread the word, let’s make it noticeable.  

1 hour ago, Dollymarie said:

I know I keep saying it but we are working on an amended statement. We had one ready to go before yesterday’s announcement as the club had initially said they wouldn’t be saying anything until today. 

If we are serious about walking out on 30 minutes please mention it in the amended statement.  It’s bound to be picked up by the Evil Post which will help with awareness and momentum.  

21 minutes ago, Dave said:

My point was that this is the first increase in 3 seasons, and this does not appear to being factored into peoples calculations.

My answer to that would be we have extra capacity, never mind boxes etc now and the stadium is used almost every day to host events away from football. There should be no need for such increases.

7 minutes ago, Dave said:

My point was that this is the first time in three seasons that my seat in A10 in the Dolman Stand Wings has increased in price, and if this was the same for Dolman Centre then perhaps it was our turn.

This isn’t becoming one big joke, if you want cheap tickets plenty around the ground, if you want one of the best views pay the price? 

The only way to spread the word on this away from Social media is to copy & paste Harry’s OP and text/send it to everyone you know on your contacts list who might be going tomorrow, or anyone that might know someone who is. 

8 minutes ago, RedM said:

My answer to that would be we have extra capacity, never mind boxes etc now and the stadium is used almost every day to host events away from football. There should be no need for such increases.

But the extra money has been spent on increasing the size of the squad, eg in Diedhiou we made our record signing at the start of the season. I wonder if people on here mind paying more if the money is invested in the squad, after all it's not as if the club's making a profit?

Just now, ashton_fan said:

But the extra money has been spent on increasing the size of the squad, eg in Diedhiou we made our record signing at the start of the season. I wonder if people on here mind paying more if the money is invested in the squad, after all it's not as if the club's making a profit?

But some people can't pay though. If someone only has the budget of £300 to spend on a ST, then it doesn't matter what players we have, as they can't afford it. Personally I couldn't give a toss about how good our team is, I care about this club. I care that some people are being priced out at the bottom end and I value them above and beyond big money signings. 

2 minutes ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

But some people can't pay though. If someone only has the budget of £300 to spend on a ST, then it doesn't matter what players we have, as they can't afford it. Personally I couldn't give a toss about how good our team is, I care about this club. I care that some people are being priced out at the bottom end and I value them above and beyond big money signings. 

I never had a ST for years, just had to pick and choose games rather than attend all of them, surely that's what people do if they can't afford a ST?

2 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

I never had a ST for years, just had to pick and choose games rather than attend all of them, surely that's what people do if they can't afford a ST?

Point is that price rises are cynical and way over the current rate of inflation.

Bristol Sport have MADE people unable to afford STs. It's not societal or through lack of work. It falls at the feet of Jon Lansdown.

Archived