IGNORED

Will Remaining home games sell out?

reddogkev

Hi @Marlborough Red @Bar BS3

I understand the reason to open blocks up in phases will be to try and get the stadium full block by block as oppose to having fans spread out but do agree that we should be looking at making the prime seats available as soon as possible. 

I will forward these comments and feedback onto the Supporter Services team on your behalf. 

Matt 

8 minutes ago, Matt Parsons BCFCSLO said:

Hi @Marlborough Red @Bar BS3

I understand the reason to open blocks up in phases will be to try and get the stadium full block by block as oppose to having fans spread out but do agree that we should be looking at making the prime seats available as soon as possible. 

I will forward these comments and feedback onto the Supporter Services team on your behalf. 

Matt 

Thanks for engaging with us on this Matt - really good stuff.  The other key point is to get further blocks opened sooner.  Over the weekend - which is the time people are most likely to book - the only place I could get three together was the very back row of the W5 or near the front of W17.  Neither were particularly great seats, but in my case I wanted to go enough to buy in W17.  The more casual or first-time supporter might be less inclined to buy.  It would help if the system was quicker to react and opened blocks automatically based on limited availability elsewhere.

7 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Thanks for engaging with us on this Matt - really good stuff.  The other key point is to get further blocks opened sooner.  Over the weekend - which is the time people are most likely to book - the only place I could get three together was the very back row of the W5 or near the front of W17.  Neither were particularly great seats, but in my case I wanted to go enough to buy in W17.  The more casual or first-time supporter might be less inclined to buy.  It would help if the system was quicker to react and opened blocks automatically based on limited availability elsewhere.

Or even better, offer you the areas where there are 3/4/5 or whatever the requirement is. If that means the system opening up a new block, then do it. It’s better than a family thinking that there’s nothing suitable available. 

Grrr, wish I'd seen this thread before getting Sheff U tickets.

Looking at the website for 4 adult tickets together, the website is showing availability right at the back of the Dolman or right at the front, with very little availability in the Upper Lansdown which would be my first choice. By clicking on the various blocks to check availability, the website indicated that there were only about 500 tickets left, and given that I am organising a boys reunion in Bristol for old mates from all over the country for a weekend on the cider and city, I was obliged to get whatever tickets I could, so bought in the Lower Dolman.

I'd accept it if the game was genuinely sold out by the first day of general sales, but would be mightly pissed if this lack of current availability was due to restricted release.

I agree with the points raised above, its extremely frustrating to see only a few scattered seats left - when the best seats (and some of the most expensive) are as yet not on sale. This forces people to opt either to buy seats they dont want (uncomfortable seats in the Dolman for instance), or simply not bother.

I did raise this before with the club and had the below response from Rachel Lemarr.

"There are a number of factors we have to take into consideration when opening the upper tier. One of the main being the way in which it will be stewarded on day. This is the reason why we release areas for sale as and when required so we don’t end up with supporters scattered all over the place. "

It appears that just for incurring the cost of a couple of extra stewards the best seats stay on hold until all the others have gone. My suggestion would be to open the central block up by default , giving choice and extra revenue. I would also agree with the above the club needs to be sharper on releasing new blocks and not waiting until only a few options, many of them singles remain.

It does appear that the current process is simply, once again not putting the fans (customer!! ha) first.

Just bought 4 in W4 as they've released 150 or so in there, they've also released about 70 in W6, having already sold out W5 and seen W6 go down to just 1 seat, which seems odd? 

Also, I bought 2 mates rates tickets for Brentford online having been told on the phone that I needed to give the two people accounts, when I went online to do this though it went through like normal, without me having to give anyone an account which again I didn't quite understand.... 

4 hours ago, BarneyCity said:

I agree with the points raised above, its extremely frustrating to see only a few scattered seats left - when the best seats (and some of the most expensive) are as yet not on sale. This forces people to opt either to buy seats they dont want (uncomfortable seats in the Dolman for instance), or simply not bother.

I did raise this before with the club and had the below response from Rachel Lemarr.

"There are a number of factors we have to take into consideration when opening the upper tier. One of the main being the way in which it will be stewarded on day. This is the reason why we release areas for sale as and when required so we don’t end up with supporters scattered all over the place. "

It appears that just for incurring the cost of a couple of extra stewards the best seats stay on hold until all the others have gone. My suggestion would be to open the central block up by default , giving choice and extra revenue. I would also agree with the above the club needs to be sharper on releasing new blocks and not waiting until only a few options, many of them singles remain.

It does appear that the current process is simply, once again not putting the fans (customer!! ha) first.

You can understand them not opening up blocks of seats on a Friday lunchtime, before a Saturday game, but delaying opening the final 2 blocks for a game that’s selling well, a week before the game seems ridiculous. Especially with the mates rates offer. 

Surely it’s creating work for themselves and losing group sales..!

5 hours ago, BarneyCity said:

I understand the principle of opening the top tier block-by-block and I don’t have a problem with it. The problem is that the system doesn’t react quick enough to demand. This weekend there was poor availability across the stadium but they didn’t make further blocks available until Monday morning. There is quite clearly no risk of fans scattered on this occasion. That’s poor, and has almost inevitably cost a few sales.

5 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

That’s standard top price ticket for gold category non-member (not defending it!)

Disgusting really. Anyway sure this argument has been done many times now!

Being the City we know and love, they've only released half of each block in the top tier for the last 3 games, you would think they could release the whole block...

Despite that, it's a great idea and will increase attendances sharp as people want to sit in the best seats possible, not in the corner of the Dolman or something

Ticket prices for non season ticket holders are nuts. as a season ticket holder I get a pretty good discount at around £18 a game but to me the prices they charge non season ticket holders just discourage people from coming along. pricing should be set at a level which will fill the ground and discounts should be available for the poor seats such as limited visibility and the front two or three rows.

1 hour ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Ticket prices for non season ticket holders are nuts. as a season ticket holder I get a pretty good discount at around £18 a game but to me the prices they charge non season ticket holders just discourage people from coming along. pricing should be set at a level which will fill the ground and discounts should be available for the poor seats such as limited visibility and the front two or three rows.

It’s very easy to say prices should be set to fill the ground but it’s not that simple. In the age of financial fair play and in the absence of parachute payments, the club has to strike the balance between filling seats and maximising revenues. Those two things are not the same. Inevitably someone will point to Huddersfield but personally I think their success is more to do with a good team well managed than increased attendances. Bradford City have low STH prices but haven’t achieved anything of note.

I don’t actually think it’s as simple as saying prices for non-STH are nuts. The top price ticket for a non-member gold category match is £41 - which is too much - but that doesn’t tell the whole story at all.

The membership is good value at £20 and members tickets start at £23 in the SS, and £25-27 in the Dolman. Personally I don’t think that’s too bad (I’m a member) when set against other comparable forms of entertainment. I would also add that the club have done a number of discount deals for cup games (e.g. Palace £15) and the bring-a-friend for a tenner thing.

I think there are three main problems:

- The additional fiver for gold category games is too big a jump and often not justified by the opposition.

- The Lansdown is overpriced full stop.

- Non-member prices do little to encourage new support.

Just my view, of course.

1 hour ago, ChippenhamRed said:

It’s very easy to say prices should be set to fill the ground but it’s not that simple. In the age of financial fair play and in the absence of parachute payments, the club has to strike the balance between filling seats and maximising revenues. Those two things are not the same. Inevitably someone will point to Huddersfield but personally I think their success is more to do with a good team well managed than increased attendances. Bradford City have low STH prices but haven’t achieved anything of note.

I don’t actually think it’s as simple as saying prices for non-STH are nuts. The top price ticket for a non-member gold category match is £41 - which is too much - but that doesn’t tell the whole story at all.

The membership is good value at £20 and members tickets start at £23 in the SS, and £25-27 in the Dolman. Personally I don’t think that’s too bad (I’m a member) when set against other comparable forms of entertainment. I would also add that the club have done a number of discount deals for cup games (e.g. Palace £15) and the bring-a-friend for a tenner thing.

I think there are three main problems:

- The additional fiver for gold category games is too big a jump and often not justified by the opposition.

- The Lansdown is overpriced full stop.

- Non-member prices do little to encourage new support.

Just my view, of course.

HTFC - turnover £15.8m....staff costs "budget" £21.7m, plus "promotion costs" to players of £11m. Interesting

16 hours ago, Matt Parsons BCFCSLO said:

Hi @ChippenhamRed @Marlborough Red

Quick update following a meeting I had today, all blocks in the upper tier should now be available for fans to purchase tickets in them for the remainder of the season. 

Matt 

Common sense at last. It has always amazed me that the club has a product (seats) that they won't put fully on sale...bizarre.

Is there a reason why the Upper Lansdown isn't fully available for ST purchases?

It seems not only are the club forcing families to move from the Lower Lansdown but they would also like to fill all the seats in the end blocks before potentially making more attractive seats available.

W3 (which is not a central block) is for some reason still not for sale. 

a brief explanation of the thinking (or lack of it) about this would be welcome.

Archived