IGNORED

What does under 25 year old think about OTIB?

bristolcitysweden

I'm 19. Been on here for 5 and a half years!

Most people I've spoken to my age who are into football don't have huge interest in a forum. Part of that is unfortunately most are part time Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool fans etc but also with various social media all the 'important' talking points are heard of quickly. I only really get people asking about Bristol City when we have a Tammy Abraham on loan scoring for fun or are playing a Manchester club in the cup, because they aren't as close to their club so don't have as much interest in discussing the little things and it's the small part about the club they see on social media.

Additionally, I think the birth of social media allows a lot of my generation, unfortunately me included at times, to mindlessly scroll through a phone rather than think critically or independently, so the idea of a forum with strong, thought out opinions probably doesn't attract that person as much as it would an older generation - who's more used to having to actively think for themselves about what they see and hear every day. 

If OTIB wanted to reach more of the younger generation the quickest solution would likely be an app. My twin uses the City til I die facebook page, and despite knowing there's more detailed chat on OTIB uses that page because it's of easy access. An app would be a quicker way for a lot of people my age to engage rather than open a laptop or a web browser - I know, aren't we lazy?! OTIB could also start using other social media platforms to advertise the site. I follow OTIB on twitter which I find useful, having been on the site before, to notice any threads that might be of interest. However to someone who's never used the forum before I doubt it'd be as engaging. Saying this I do appreciate the mods who run this and likely the other social media platform all have full time jobs and already do a wonderful job - this isn't a dig, thanks for the work you do!

I'm not sure quite what you mean when you say you aren't sure how the younger generation communicate though?

I’m as guilty as any youngster when I have to walk anywhere of being on my phone I have to admit.I have OTIB bookmarked so it takes me 2 touches on my phone to get to this site so I don’t think a app is needed in all honesty,I wasn’t on here when I was under 25 because I was out enjoying myself getting drunk and being told to piss off by women most of the time 

6 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Phonetic mostly and immaturity of course.

Since you don’t actually know their ages, what you’re experiencing is called prejudice. You feel someone is immature and assume youth. I’m sure many of the immature posters on here are actually old codgers like us.

8 minutes ago, Leveller said:

Since you don’t actually know their ages, what you’re experiencing is called prejudice. You feel someone is immature and assume youth. I’m sure many of the immature posters on here are actually old codgers like us.

I'm perfectly fine with a bit ageist prejudice and I couldn't care one iota if others see me as an old fart 

19 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Phonetic mostly and immaturity of course.

Ahhhh, right...

So an example might be going on a thread and commenting I just don't have the words to express how much I like this post!  because you aren't interested?

Edit: Wasn't aware of that auto correction by the forum, Brilliant.

30 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Think the Major may be a lady Dave, was a bridesmaid at one time anyway.......

The Major is a lady?  I always get these things wrong; I was (wrongly) convinced that @Septic Peg was a bloke because of her forthright posting style.  I can confirm she is 100% woman.

Mind, I am under twenty five so have an excuse for such mistakes.

14 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

The Major is a lady?  I always get these things wrong; I was (wrongly) convinced that @Septic Peg was a bloke because of her forthright posting style.  I can confirm she is 100% woman.

Mind, I am under twenty five so have an excuse for such mistakes.

Before the Major comes on here and gets his knickers in a twist I can confirm I wasn't being entirely serious. Used to be called Always the Bridesmaid... but 100% male in Septic Peg terms.

There is an occasional poster on OTIB (who used to be very much a regular on here and Ciderheads) who I sparred with on here for about 10 years assuming it was a bloke, with nothing to indicate otherwise, who suddenly announced 'he' was a woman, so anything's possible.

Archived