IGNORED

Marvin Brown - back as a coach

Bristol Rob

14 minutes ago, alexukhc said:

Reading the same article says he had another brother at City

Fewer people may know that Cameron Brown also came through the City Academy and is even tipped as the best player of the three brothers by some.”

who...

Bobby Reid mentioned in his interview with Neil Maggs that Cameron was his best mate and was at City for “a short time” and that in his opinion “he was the best of the three”.

So Ronald McDonald has basically copied that bit.

Pretty sure the bit about him being our youngest ever player is wrong, too..

32 minutes ago, Chris_Brown said:

Just wanted to be the first to say,  before i do any research (google)  into his credentials or look at how experienced he might be... 

Jobs for the boys. 

I followed Marvin's career after he left city was always a bit sad he didn't make it.  And he's worked as a fitness coach and has done his badges more than qualified.  

This story is a few days early. April the first is Sunday. As an April fools joke it’s not very good as no Championship club would appoint a player who spent most of his career in non league football, and couldn’t score, as a coach working with strikers. 

10 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

This story is a few days early. April the first is Sunday. As an April fools joke it’s not very good as no Championship club would appoint a player who spent most of his career in non league football, and couldn’t score, as a coach working with strikers. 

What did Graham Taylor and Wenger achieve on the pitch.

29 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

We can be fooled at any time .

:yes:

13 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

oooh a quiz. I love quizzes.

Kevin Betsy is coaching England U15s, bloody lower league players. :ph34r:

Kevin Betsy played over 200 matches at league level. Marvellous Marvin didn’t manage 50. What’s ridiculous about this appointment is Marvin was a player who couldn’t score at league level, yet he’s been appointed to coach the under 18 strikers! Why didn’t he give himself some coaching and then City could have sold him for £10m. 

7 minutes ago, nickolas said:

Ah, Marvellous Marvin. The £10m man. :grr:

Played against Aaron loads of times when he was a kid. He wasnt bad. :clapping:

Aaron was in the same England under 15 squad as Michael Owen - not sure he started but was in the squad at Plymouth when Owen scored a hat trick and England beat Belgium 7-1...as I recall...a long time ago!

7 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

Kevin Betsy played over 200 matches at league level. Marvellous Marvin didn’t manage 50. What’s ridiculous about this appointment is Marvin was a player who couldn’t score at league level, yet he’s been appointed to coach the under 18 strikers! Why didn’t he give himself some coaching and then City could have sold him for £10m. 

You do realise that coaching and playing are two totally separate skills? As others have pointed out hardly any of the top coaches have a playing record worth speaking about.

I work as a trainer teaching people how to run their payroll on software my company supplies, I have never run a Payroll in my life. The customers have never once complained and are often quite surprised when I tell them. 

6 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

Aaron was in the same England under 15 squad as Michael Owen - not sure he started but was in the squad at Plymouth when Owen scored a hat trick and England beat Belgium 7-1...as I recall...a long time ago!

Around the time i remembering clattering him on the right wing in an Avon Youth league game!

claim to fame! :clapping:

37 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

What has Marvin Brown done as a coach to justify a job at a Championship club? 

At a guess I’d say earning his coaching badges?

ability as a player doesn’t necessarily have any translation to ability as a coach.

just carry on and write him off for the sake of it though, sure that will help everyone.

1 hour ago, pongo88 said:

What has Marvin Brown done as a coach to justify a job at a Championship club? 

Passed all his appropriate coaching badges..?!

It’s not like he’s been hired to work with the first team. (I think we’d need Alan Shearer before we get any joy of Diony..!)  He’s gaining experience by working with the under 18’s. Nothing wrong with that at all. 

Archived